p6014 storyline & history ****SPOILERS****

Wish there was something new in the SC universe? Check out what fan based initiatives are going on.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Re: New SC3 Storyline and SC2 History ****SPOILERS****

Post by Alvarin » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:56 am

Chenjesu wrote:
Maloo Oture wrote:
Perhaps the Orz merely do not want anyone to steal their technology or want anyone to know they had the ability to go to other dimensions.
Then there's also the fact that the Orz that we see, are merely just representations of the Orz from the other dimension.
Yes...YES! That is a brilliant idea to work with! Perhaps in Orz space we can see their true from. We still need some kind of motive though.
Just not "their", but "it's". ORZ is a single being.
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.

Maloo Oture
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Maloo Oture » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:03 am

Right. The Orz is misconceived by some as being a race of beings. "Orz" is not plural. Orz is singular. There are many fingers, but only one Orz.

Chenjesu
Hunam adventurer

Post by Chenjesu » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:46 am

I really like that idea but it seems like too much of a stretch. why would fingers have individual eyes and muscles that had their own minds? There's clear signs that they evolved as separate organisms.

Maloo Oture
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Maloo Oture » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:11 am

The fans don't care. What matters is that we stick to the established canon or the game will be rejected by anyone who loves the original 2 games

Dyandod
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Dyandod » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:53 am

Whoo.... yes, I definitely see the need for a writing team now. I have to admit I'm very impressed with the amount of work that's been put into this so far (seriously, props to Chenjesu for compiling it all), but I honestly think the amount of ideas we have here is way TOO MUCH. It seems like we are trying to answer all of the mysteries left in SCII, which is exactly what SC3 tried to do. It is my humble opinion that we need to make MORE mysteries, instead of focusing on solving the ones we already have. If we want to try to explain a few of the mysteries, that's cool, but we need to keep the sense of "wonder and mystery" in Project 6014.

Another thing: I really can't figure out what the plot of P6014 is supposed to be.... SCII was a very complex game, but you could still explain the main plot in just a couple sentences.... "A powerful alien race called the Ur-Quan has enslaved most of the life in our area of the galaxy, but the player is part of a small group of humans that managed to not get caught, and needs to free everyone. Meanwhile, the Ur-Quan are at war with the Kohr-Ah, and the victor will gain control of a powerful battleship. If the Kohr-Ah win, they will exterminate all life in the galaxy. It is your responsibility to destroy this battleship and free the humans, along with the other enslaved races."...... There's a lot more to the story than that, but there's a clear goal (even though you don't know about the Sa-Matra at the beginning of the game). As for P6014..... I really can't tell what the main conflict is supposed to be. Is it the conflict against the Lurg? Is it the Chmmr going crazy? What is the final battle/climax going to be?

One more thing for now: definitely don't change anything from canon- this includes history, personalities of aliens, spelling of names, etc. (There's a HUGE number of repeatedly-misspelled names in here.... the proper/canon spellings are: Shofixti, Ilwrath, Melnorme, Supox, Dnyarri, *Nnngn*, Sa-Matra, Arilou, Androsynth, Zoq-Fot-Pik, and Hunams.) P6014 itself isn't canon, but like Maloo says, nobody's going to want to play the game if it's based off of false history.
KYAAAAAIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!

Chenjesu
Hunam adventurer

Post by Chenjesu » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:14 am

Maloo Oture wrote:The fans don't care. What matters is that we stick to the established canon or the game will be rejected by anyone who loves the original 2 games
I'm a fan and I definitely care if there's a illogical component. Other fans care if something is illogical about the game, that's why some of them come here and go out of their way to tell me what I did wrong. However, there is room for that idea with the Nnngn which on the wiki page are currently defined to be wraith-like, highly advanced and more important to that is "hive minded", suggesting there is perhaps a single intelligence behind their actions, and furthermore their origin is from out of the galaxy which meas they were not the result of the precursor seeding process so there's room to mess around with them. Someone even suggested that they have such advanced space-engineering abilities that they make random stars teleport into existence during the game. It isn't really established in the "canon" that that's what the Orz are, fingers could merely mean a means of exploration, *feeling around* to see what it's like in True Space before coming there which is maybe why they messed with the Taalo. I'll have to run it by some other people and see what they think. It's a good idea, but it might be better saved for the Nnngn (en-g-en).
Dyandod wrote:Whoo.... yes, I definitely see the need for a writing team now. I have to admit I'm very impressed with the amount of work that's been put into this so far (seriously, props to Chenjesu for compiling it all), but I honestly think the amount of ideas we have here is way TOO MUCH. It seems like we are trying to answer all of the mysteries left in SCII, which is exactly what SC3 tried to do. It is my humble opinion that we need to make MORE mysteries, instead of focusing on solving the ones we already have. If we want to try to explain a few of the mysteries, that's cool, but we need to keep the sense of "wonder and mystery" in Project 6014.

Another thing: I really can't figure out what the plot of P6014 is supposed to be.... SCII was a very complex game, but you could still explain the main plot in just a couple sentences.... "A powerful alien race called the Ur-Quan has enslaved most of the life in our area of the galaxy, but the player is part of a small group of humans that managed to not get caught, and needs to free everyone. Meanwhile, the Ur-Quan are at war with the Kohr-Ah, and the victor will gain control of a powerful battleship. If the Kohr-Ah win, they will exterminate all life in the galaxy. It is your responsibility to destroy this battleship and free the humans, along with the other enslaved races."...... There's a lot more to the story than that, but there's a clear goal (even though you don't know about the Sa-Matra at the beginning of the game). As for P6014..... I really can't tell what the main conflict is supposed to be. Is it the conflict against the Lurg? Is it the Chmmr going crazy? What is the final battle/climax going to be?

One more thing for now: definitely don't change anything from canon- this includes history, personalities of aliens, spelling of names, etc. (There's a HUGE number of repeatedly-misspelled names in here.... the proper/canon spellings are: Shofixti, Ilwrath, Melnorme, Supox, Dnyarri, *Nnngn*, Sa-Matra, Arilou, Androsynth, Zoq-Fot-Pik, and Hunams.) P6014 itself isn't canon, but like Maloo says, nobody's going to want to play the game if it's based off of false history.
There are more mysteries that can be made, but not as any as SC2, and it would be hard to leave enough room for yet a 4th game, but we'll see. Personally the thing I didn't like about the *fake* sc3 wasn't that it tried to solve mysteries, it's that it had the audacity to exist. The reason you can't figure out the p6014 plot i probably because it hasn't been defined yet. Whenever I get to it there's something I messed up about the history or people have their own ideas, which is completely fine it's part of the writing process, but that's why.
I see you're point about the plot summary, but we need to define the entire plot-line in detail because if we do that, not only will we know why different races do what they do, but we will also know their emotions at any given point in time which in turn helps define their dialogue.

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:10 pm

Chenjesu wrote:
Maloo Oture wrote:The fans don't care. What matters is that we stick to the established canon or the game will be rejected by anyone who loves the original 2 games
I'm a fan and I definitely care if there's a illogical component.
The thing is, if you break established canon, that's more illogical than declining to apply trueSpace biological-creature explanations to the Orz.

As for an overarching plot...

yes.

I haven't seen and haven't thought of a good cohesive arc for P6014.

(and Chenjesu - go back and look at who I was quoting with that bit about Kzer-Za. The answer to your question was right there)

Chenjesu
Hunam adventurer

Post by Chenjesu » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:19 pm

Death 999 wrote:
Chenjesu wrote:
The thing is, if you break established canon, that's more illogical than declining to apply trueSpace biological-creature explanations to the Orz.
Um, where did anyone say otherwise?
Death 999 wrote:
Chenjesu wrote:
So we should just make up completely illogical stories as long as they build off of what happened in SC2 in some way? Ok, every Shofixty married a Yehat and then farted on the Arilou just before they all sang the Earth Russian National Anthem. All those races survived after SC2 so it must have happened. See my point? I'm not talking about being true to "canon" in that context, I'm talking about having an actual good and logical explanation. Being true to SC2 is a given.
Seeing as how the Orz have clear signs of evolving as separate organisms and evolving in a traditional manner in the first place, that notion that they are all the same organism would be better suited for the Nnngn, who have loose bodies, no defined face or brains with completely different physiology, are so advanced they could have come from another dimension and are hive minded.
Death 999 wrote:
Chenjesu wrote:
(and Chenjesu - go back and look at who I was quoting with that bit about Kzer-Za. The answer to your question was right there)
Th word "Taalo" literally did not exist on that entire page where you quoted the Melenorme. I looked at the Sa-Matra notes with the Pkunk who said "I see shining rocks that sleep. They are annoyed.
Someone is making a great explosion of light. They awaken!
They are powerful. They face the one who disturbed them.", the Taalo are rock-like, may have "hibernated" into quasi-space or Orz space and the captain probably has to contact them at some point. The Taalo were also friends with the Ur-Quan, who the captain helped destroy them, so they could be somewhat angry with him too. Perhaps the Taalo had their own dimensional fatigue technology and merely accidentally met the Orz.

Dabir
Duke Franz Ferdinand

Post by Dabir » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:24 pm

Er... those are the Chenjesu. The explosion of light is the Sun Device.

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:54 pm

Chenjesu - I think that you should perhaps thoroughly re-play SC2. The discrepancies with the original plot are really a downer. ORZ, for example, state specifically that it is a singular being. It also is logical and easy to grasp concept. Think of a hand half protruding from beneath a water surface. Each finger appears to be slightly different, but with clear anatomical/structural similarity. Each finger has distinct sensory abilities. The fingers are still a part of single whole despite appearing separate, individual beings. The fingers are NOT able to evolve to be separate things...
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.