p6014 storyline & history ****SPOILERS****

Wish there was something new in the SC universe? Check out what fan based initiatives are going on.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Chenjesu
Hunam adventurer

Re: New SC3 Storyline and SC2 History ****SPOILERS****

Post by Chenjesu » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:05 pm

Angelfish wrote:
Chenjesu wrote:But if spoilers weren't meant to ever be used they wouldn't exist. And what if someone just doesn't completely understand what's in the topic ad so they look anyway? Spoilers save em.
okay, if you don't give a rats ass about readability just post your useless shit at your own private forum instead of spoiling the SCDB with it.
Or you could simply not be lazy and move your mouse a few inches to highlight stuff, or just copy and paste text on a mobile device. People shouldn't have to risk seeing the spoilers if they don't want just because of laziness.
Maloo Oture wrote:Dude, Angelfish... Calm down... I'm sure you're resourceful enough to find a way to read the text with the spoiler tags... Just copy and paste into a text editor or something...

BACK ON TOPIC!!!

I dunno if it's just me, but I thought that the dnyarri(sp?) were taken out in a completely different way? Like a different canonical way?

http://wiki.uqm.stack.nl/Dnyarri_Slave_ ... ave_Revolt
The Ur-Quan definitely had help in defeating the Dynarri, and the Taalo definitely was part of that help when they constructed Taalo devices. The Taalo didn't have to fight directly in ship combat, but I imagine they would have delivered Taalo devices throughout the afflicted space. I thought it said in Sa-Matra notes that the Khor-Ah had rebelled first which I was surprised to find, but at this point it's vague enough where there's wiggle room either way.

Maloo Oture
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Maloo Oture » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:04 am

Chenjesu wrote:
Angelfish wrote:
Chenjesu wrote:But if spoilers weren't meant to ever be used they wouldn't exist. And what if someone just doesn't completely understand what's in the topic ad so they look anyway? Spoilers save em.
okay, if you don't give a rats ass about readability just post your useless shit at your own private forum instead of spoiling the SCDB with it.
Or you could simply not be lazy and move your mouse a few inches to highlight stuff, or just copy and paste text on a mobile device. People shouldn't have to risk seeing the spoilers if they don't want just because of laziness.
Maloo Oture wrote:Dude, Angelfish... Calm down... I'm sure you're resourceful enough to find a way to read the text with the spoiler tags... Just copy and paste into a text editor or something...

BACK ON TOPIC!!!

I dunno if it's just me, but I thought that the dnyarri(sp?) were taken out in a completely different way? Like a different canonical way?

http://wiki.uqm.stack.nl/Dnyarri_Slave_ ... ave_Revolt
The Ur-Quan definitely had help in defeating the Dynarri, and the Taalo definitely was part of that help when they constructed Taalo devices. The Taalo didn't have to fight directly in ship combat, but I imagine they would have delivered Taalo devices throughout the afflicted space. I thought it said in Sa-Matra notes that the Khor-Ah had rebelled first which I was surprised to find, but at this point it's vague enough where there's wiggle room either way.
Ah I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

Dyandod
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Dyandod » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:56 am

Whew, well I've just finished reading the first post... I'll see if I can make it to the rest of the spoilers later :) I was going to mention a few thoughts but I'm going to wait until I finish reading.
KYAAAAAIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!

Lobsterman
Orz *camper*

Post by Lobsterman » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:29 am

Chenjesu wrote: The Ur-Quan definitely had help in defeating the Dynarri, and the Taalo definitely was part of that help when they constructed Taalo devices. The Taalo didn't have to fight directly in ship combat, but I imagine they would have delivered Taalo devices throughout the afflicted space. I thought it said in Sa-Matra notes that the Khor-Ah had rebelled first which I was surprised to find, but at this point it's vague enough where there's wiggle room either way.
The Ur-Quan killed the Taalo under mind control by the Dnyarri, so how would they deliver Taalo devices without the Dnyarri noticing? This is pure retconning. The storyline explains how the Ur-Quan defeated the Dnyarri, and whilst it doesn't explicitly state that it was by themselves they also never mention any help from outside sources. The canon explanation for how they accomplished this was by wearing an Excruciator, which caused so immense pain that the by then lazy and complacent Dnyarri couldn't bare to keep their mental grip and the Ur-Quan used this split second of lowered guard to kill their defenseless master. Fun fact: The Ur-Quan who first thought of this method was a green Ur-Quan scientist named Kzer-Za, who injected himself with acid. They later devised the Excruciator.

Once again I urge you to read up on your backstory, I know you posted this here for people to help you with the story, but as it stands right now it's more wrong than right in terms of canon.
It also doesn't help that you give answers "clearing things up" for people like Maloo Oture who is friendly enough to believe you even though you have no idea what you are talking about.

Tiberian
Orz *camper*

Post by Tiberian » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:42 am

Lobsterman wrote: The Ur-Quan killed the Taalo under mind control by the Dnyarri
No they didn't. After the Dnyarri were defeated and the Ur-Quan started executing their Eternal doctrine, they arrived at the Taalo homeworld. Then, the Taalo said the magic words "Hold, what you are doing to us is wrong! Why do you do this thing?"

This question had such a great impact on the Ur-Quan that they had to answer it thoroughly. And while they were explaining themselves to the Taalo, the Kohr-Ah arrived and a battle with the Ur-Quan followed. During that battle the Taalo escaped and are now "playing time tricks" as the Orz mentioned.
Author of Star Control novelizations Groombridge Log and Eternal Doctrine. www.tommisalminenbooks.com

Lobsterman
Orz *camper*

Post by Lobsterman » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:15 am

Tiberian wrote:
Lobsterman wrote: The Ur-Quan killed the Taalo under mind control by the Dnyarri
No they didn't. After the Dnyarri were defeated and the Ur-Quan started executing their Eternal doctrine, they arrived at the Taalo homeworld. Then, the Taalo said the magic words "Hold, what you are doing to us is wrong! Why do you do this thing?"

This question had such a great impact on the Ur-Quan that they had to answer it thoroughly. And while they were explaining themselves to the Taalo, the Kohr-Ah arrived and a battle with the Ur-Quan followed. During that battle the Taalo escaped and are now "playing time tricks" as the Orz mentioned.

http://www.sa-matra.net/quotes/kohr-ah/

"We will explain to you about the Dnyarri our slavemasters
the Taalo, our only friends... whom we exterminated
and our reasons why we cleanse the galaxy of all other sentient life."

"Who were the Taalo?
Of all the species we have met, only the Taalo did not trigger our instinctive territoriality.
They were the only people we could stand with, or talk to, without the hunter inside us screaming
`Kill the interloper! Rip out its life!'
We believe that the same factors that made the Taalo non-threatening to us
their unusual rock-like biology
also gave the Taalo natural immunity to the Dnyarri's psychic compulsion.
The Dnyarri would not permit this.
After they had conquered all six of the other races in the Milieu
they commanded us to attack the Taalo and we did.
The Taalo would not fight back... they died.
"

I am familiar with the dialogue of the Orz hinting that some of the Taalo still might be alive in some other *time* or dimension or whatever, however the race you are referring to who uttered the famous words "Hold! What you are doing is wrong, why do you do this thing?" Was the Melnorme.

Note that all of this also occurs before the Ur-Quan defeated the Dnyarri. After all it would make zero sense for the Ur-Quan to willigly kill their own allies, "the only race we called friend" in their own words, no?

EDIT: Mixed up two races whilst crusading against misinformation. DERP.

Tiberian
Orz *camper*

Post by Tiberian » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:46 am

Now I'm in doubt... I might have mixed up the Mael-num and the Taalo. (There is no real evidence that the Mael-num are the Melnorme.)

EDIT: Yes, I got it wrong. The Kohr-Ah were about to exterminate the Mael-num, when they asked that One Question. And while the Kohr-Ah were explaining, the green Ur-Quan appeared and then they fought, resulting in the defeat of the Kohr-Ah. And the Mael-num disappeared then.
Author of Star Control novelizations Groombridge Log and Eternal Doctrine. www.tommisalminenbooks.com

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:22 pm

Chenjesu wrote:
Angelfish wrote:
well, if they don't want to be spoiled they shouldn't click on this topic. because clearly it has "SPOILERS!!!!" in the title.

Chenjesu
Hunam adventurer

Post by Chenjesu » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:17 pm

Tiberian wrote:Now I'm in doubt... I might have mixed up the Mael-num and the Taalo. (There is no real evidence that the Mael-num are the Melnorme.)

EDIT: Yes, I got it wrong. The Kohr-Ah were about to exterminate the Mael-num, when they asked that One Question. And while the Kohr-Ah were explaining, the green Ur-Quan appeared and then they fought, resulting in the defeat of the Kohr-Ah. And the Mael-num disappeared then.
However as we know, the Orz are involved in other dimensions, and seeing as they know of the Taalo we can perhaps play off of the possibility that the Orz teleported some of the Taalo forces into another dimension of space, for now, or perhaps the Taalo had their own pan dimensional technology, used it to escape, and ran into the Orz and from their disappearance the Ur-Quan "assumed" they had exterminated the Taalo while under mind control.

Maloo Oture
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Maloo Oture » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:51 pm

Lobsterman wrote:
Chenjesu wrote: The Ur-Quan definitely had help in defeating the Dynarri, and the Taalo definitely was part of that help when they constructed Taalo devices. The Taalo didn't have to fight directly in ship combat, but I imagine they would have delivered Taalo devices throughout the afflicted space. I thought it said in Sa-Matra notes that the Khor-Ah had rebelled first which I was surprised to find, but at this point it's vague enough where there's wiggle room either way.
The Ur-Quan killed the Taalo under mind control by the Dnyarri, so how would they deliver Taalo devices without the Dnyarri noticing? This is pure retconning. The storyline explains how the Ur-Quan defeated the Dnyarri, and whilst it doesn't explicitly state that it was by themselves they also never mention any help from outside sources. The canon explanation for how they accomplished this was by wearing an Excruciator, which caused so immense pain that the by then lazy and complacent Dnyarri couldn't bare to keep their mental grip and the Ur-Quan used this split second of lowered guard to kill their defenseless master. Fun fact: The Ur-Quan who first thought of this method was a green Ur-Quan scientist named Kzer-Za, who injected himself with acid. They later devised the Excruciator.

Once again I urge you to read up on your backstory, I know you posted this here for people to help you with the story, but as it stands right now it's more wrong than right in terms of canon.
It also doesn't help that you give answers "clearing things up" for people like Maloo Oture who is friendly enough to believe you even though you have no idea what you are talking about.
It wasn't so much, my being friendly, than just not wanting to deal with it... I spent my entire high school career reading up on the canon and backstory of the SC Universe... But I'm not part f the writing team and don't feel obligated to correct the errors. :P-smf Like I said before, this doesn't sound Star-Control enough for me... Not all of it. Just some of it. For example, I don't like the plot with the Ngnng... Oh well.