Project 6014 Demo 0.2.1 released!

Wish there was something new in the SC universe? Check out what fan based initiatives are going on.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

dczanik
Ilwrath spawn

Re: Project 6014 Demo 0.2.1 released!

Post by dczanik »

gtb2002 wrote:just wondering because the last time I played some voices didn't work/exesit
Voices are such a low priority thing. We weren't going to even have them but MisterCat felt we should have some of them. He did all the voices, problem is, he can't do every voice. At least, I don't want him doing a Syreen voice. ;)
Angelfish wrote:i'm not touching that code with a 10 foot pole :)
You can't 'touch' code with a pole unless you print it out! Why would you even want to do that? :P
The code is so badly documented, you really need to know your stuff.
- Damon Czanik
Artist/Project Leader for Ur-Quan Masters HD and the SC2 Fan Sequel,Project 6014
My new portfolio site! and my DeviantArt!
glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device »

dczanik wrote: The code is so badly documented, you really need to know your stuff.
You know, it is almost a mandatory skill to be able to understand code without documentation...codebase are usually never properly documented and only rare exception pops into my mind!

The source is not windows compilable if I remember correctly right?
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo
dczanik
Ilwrath spawn

Post by dczanik »

glory_device wrote:
dczanik wrote: The code is so badly documented, you really need to know your stuff.
You know, it is almost a mandatory skill to be able to understand code without documentation...codebase are usually never properly documented and only rare exception pops into my mind!

The source is not windows compilable if I remember correctly right?
No, you can compile it in Windows, Mac, and Linux. I've done the Windows stuff myself. There's a lot of libraries to install. Much more of a hassle than the interpreted environments I'm used to (PHP, Python, Ruby, Python, etc.) I've got some pretty exciting stuff for 6014, just need some programmers to implement it all :)
- Damon Czanik
Artist/Project Leader for Ur-Quan Masters HD and the SC2 Fan Sequel,Project 6014
My new portfolio site! and my DeviantArt!
sakalava47
Orz *camper*

Post by sakalava47 »

I just want to give a shout out to the Project 6014 guys. I am just as excited about Project 6014 as I am about Stardock's reboot. Maybe even more so. Go for it!
chenjesuwizard
Malfunctioning M:bot

Post by chenjesuwizard »

How's things going over there?
gtb2002
Arilou wiseguy

Post by gtb2002 »

Are you guys still working on this?
FYI: I've explored almost all the dialogue trees in Sc2.
TLJGames
Hunam adventurer

Post by TLJGames »

gtb2002 wrote:Are you guys still working on this?
Yup - there's been work going on behind the scenes, so it's been difficult for people to notice work is being done!
UQM and Project 6014 LPs - I've been quite busy recently, but I'm back to try to finish the job! -- https://www.youtube.com/user/TLJGames
gtb2002
Arilou wiseguy

Post by gtb2002 »

TLJGames wrote:
Yup - there's been work going on behind the scenes, so it's been difficult for people to notice work is being done!
good! :P
FYI: I've explored almost all the dialogue trees in Sc2.
Maloo Oture
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Maloo Oture »

TLJGames wrote:
Have you been in contact with the creators?
TLJGames
Hunam adventurer

Post by TLJGames »

Maloo Oture wrote:Have you been in contact with the creators?
Dczanik comments on our videos once in a while - they just need programmers at the moment. Once they have some, they will be able to implement all of the stuff they have planned.
UQM and Project 6014 LPs - I've been quite busy recently, but I'm back to try to finish the job! -- https://www.youtube.com/user/TLJGames