[StarDiver] Alien Ideas

Wish there was something new in the SC universe? Check out what fan based initiatives are going on.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Re: [StarDiver] Alien Ideas

Post by Alvarin » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:48 pm

I'm not biology expert, but I believe developing tissue is easiest to form a sphere and develop from there. I think spherical eye is much easier and more plausible from evolutionary point of view (no pun intended) than any other form.
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:14 pm

Death 999 wrote:Umm, no, not at all. But there's no point to having a sphere section if it hasn't got freedom of rotation.
evolution is a long trail of mistakes in genetic material where the fittest survive. that creature could well have been the fittest on that planet. that is, ofcourse, assuming that it evolved naturally ;).

friken
Orz *camper*

Post by friken » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:38 pm

Death 999 wrote:That eye can't be a sphere. If it's not, why should it be a spherical section? We have spherical eyes so we can rotate them in their sockets. This is hardly the first alien art to do this, but it bugs me.
What eye? That is clearly a snuzzlevox.... primary purpose is snozzling of course.

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:51 am

Well played, sir.

friken
Orz *camper*

Post by friken » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:48 pm

Joking aside, thanks everyone for the input. It helps as we design more aliens and cleanup the ones we have.