Groombridge Log status update

Wish there was something new in the SC universe? Check out what fan based initiatives are going on.

Moderator:ZFP Peacekeepers

Tiberian
Orz *camper*
Groombridge Log status update

Post by Tiberian » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:00 pm

Good news everyone! During these past four days I have been rolling around in a sudden burst of motivation and inspiration. Thanks to that, I was able to finish chapter 1.

The chapter is far from being ready to publish though. I'm still fighting the good fight trying to get a colourer. But anyway my own work is now done... for this chapter.

I was supposed to give you a special preview... I laid out all these sketched pages next to each other and took a photo of the lot. But sadly, no matter how much I blurred and shrinked the picture, it still showed some details which I didn't want to show at this point. So I can't show you that photo.

As the colouring progress moves forward, I'll drop in some sneak-peeks here.

I had already forgotten that I had made a 1920x1200 wallpaper of one of the prologue panels. I don't remember if I ever showed it to the community. Anyway, here it is.
Author of Star Control novelizations Groombridge Log and Eternal Doctrine. www.tommisalminenbooks.com

Tiberian
Orz *camper*

Re: Groombridge Log status update

Post by Tiberian » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:47 pm

A lot has happened in a very short time. I got a skilled colourer from DeviantArt. The only problem is that I'll have to pay him. Anyway, if he can keep up the level he has already shown me, we should be in for a treat:

Author of Star Control novelizations Groombridge Log and Eternal Doctrine. www.tommisalminenbooks.com

Eth
Shining Being of Pure Light and Blissful Love

Post by Eth » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:51 pm

Congratulations on your new partnership. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with next.

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:57 pm

That's some colouring. Glad to hear things are progressing!

Dragon
Reborn Shofixti

Post by Dragon » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:03 am

Yeah, that's looking awesome. It's a pity you have to pay the colourist but I know all to well how hard it is to get artists to donate their skills. I'm (still) seriously considering paying an artist to model/texture/rig some of the SC characters for me.

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:23 am

Nice to finally see some progress :).
If you put a way of donating money on the groombridge site when it's done, you're sure to get some donations coming your way to pay for the colorer ;).

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:48 pm

Angelfish wrote:Nice to finally see some progress :).
If you put a way of donating money on the groombridge site when it's done, you're sure to get some donations coming your way to pay for the colorer ;).
Not a bad idea. I would contribute. Maybe I should do the same for my small little games though ;)

Tiberian
Orz *camper*

Post by Tiberian » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:09 pm

If you want to give me money, I don't object. But I'm not going to do anything about it.

Knowing that the funding is arranged would actually help me motivate myself for future chapters. But let's see first how you'll feel about this when you see the first chapter.

Also, does anyone know if TFB knows about the comic project? My plan all along was to tell them about it when the first chapter is finished.

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:01 pm

Tiberian wrote:Also, does anyone know if TFB knows about the comic project? My plan all along was to tell them about it when the first chapter is finished.
They don't follow the Faniverse super-closely so he might not know.

Tiberian
Orz *camper*

Post by Tiberian » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:09 pm

There are things I would like to ask Paul - about what stuff exists only for gameplay reasons. Maybe I could get an audience for him after the first chapter is published?

One very important thing is the initial setup of the Vindicator. I'd like to think that the Precursor factory would only have created the skeleton and the few modules are there only for gameplay reasons. And why the hell does Hayes advice to wait for point blank range against the Ilwrath?