StarDiver - Still alive and kicking

Wish there was something new in the SC universe? Check out what fan based initiatives are going on.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

friken
Orz *camper*

StarDiver - Still alive and kicking

Post by friken » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:40 pm

Hi guys. It has been a while since I posted here about our project, StarDiver. I was unable to work on it for quite a while, but I'm back on it fulltime.

We have commissioned a good scifi artist to help us bring the game story and aliens to life. We will be using Homeworld-like story telling using concept art scenes with 2.5d animation w/ camera pan/zoom w. story narration. For the aliens we will also be using painted concept style with 2.5d animation to bring them to like. Here is a sample scene and alien:

We have started updates on IndieDB here:
http://www.indiedb.com/games/stardiver/ ... xploration

We are proud to see the project peaked in the top 10 of 15k projects our last blog update. Hopefully it means gamers like the progress. We are still pretty early in dev. I'd guess 20-30% at best.

Few gifs of progress:

Videos of early engine stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCICTqF ... JaQ/videos

spathilowcouncil
Silly Supox

Re: StarDiver - Still alive and kicking

Post by spathilowcouncil » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:18 pm

whats stardiver? Never heard of it.

friken
Orz *camper*

Re: StarDiver - Still alive and kicking

Post by friken » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:51 pm

Just a project we are working on inspired by the greats of yesteryear -- Starflights, Sundog, Omnitred Universe series, Tradewars, Masters of Orion, and of course Starcontrol series.

I started it quite sometime ago. Old threads on here. The most current dev info on our indiedb page.