The Ur-Quan Masters v0.8.0.82 MegaMod

Wish there was something new in the SC universe? Check out what fan based initiatives are going on.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Serosis
Hunam adventurer

Re: The Ur-Quan Masters v0.8.0.82 MegaMod

Post by Serosis »

EnderSE15 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:14 pm Not sure if this is the right thread, but playing the Megamod version, the game crashes whenever I enter the Beta Herculis system (I was going to see what the Spathi/Mmrnmrhm peace monument was about!). Also, the voice support seems to have disappeared - or do I need to download that separately?

And, do you need to have Extended Lore on from the beginning for it to work, rather than turning it on then loading a saved game?
The random crashes when entering a star system have been fixed, I hope, in the latest version which will be 0.8.0.85.
As for the voices, MegaMod requires its own separate download which you can find at this link: http://files.serosis.net/MegaMod/uqm-0.8.0-3dovoice.uqm

To use Extended Lore you have to start a new game with it enabled.
EnderSE15 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:14 pm Cool feature that when you're in someone's territory, a version of their theme plays when you're in a star system - although if you haven't yet met that race, that's kind of a plot hole... how would you know you're in their territory if you haven't met them yet?
That is a very good point. I'll look into making it so you can't hear the ambient themes if you aren't tracking their SOI.
Get The Ur-Quan Masters MegaMod HERE