Progress in Star Control II

This is the place to talk about all things Star Control.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

palaste
Hunam adventurer

Re: Progress in Star Control II

Post by palaste »

I've now managed to meet the Arilou-Laleelay (or however you spell it) and the Syreen, and they both seem very friendly, but neither wants to make an alliance with them. The Arilou don't want to get involved in the Alliance of Free Stars any more, and the Syreen don't want to risk losing their new homeworld. Is there some way I could make an alliance with the Arilou and/or the Syreen?
I've also found a rainbow world at Gamma Kepler. It was heavily guarded by Mycons, but I managed to get there and back again without actually encountering the Mycon podships, as an encounter with them leads to certain conflict, and I've just barely learned how to fight Mycon podships with Earthling cruisers and Orz nemeses. The Melnorme said they were interested in the location of rainbow worlds, so now I know of one location. I just have to find the Melnorme again. It's already April 2158, and the Melnorme said they would be departing the galaxy by February 2159. Is the rainbow world of any other significance?
I am still searching for the eight star "snake that swallowed the elephant" constellation said to contain the creature Admiral ZEX wants. The only eight-star constellation I have found so far is in the Kohr-Ah influence sphere, but when I travelled there, the Kohr-Ah totally annihilated my fleet.
I have also met the Traddash, but they are completely loyal to the Ur-Quan and eager to start a fight with me. The Traddash seem very tough opponents. I can barely destroy one of their ships when they destroy my whole fleet.
sakalava47
Orz *camper*

Post by sakalava47 »

palaste wrote:I've now managed to meet the Arilou-Laleelay (or however you spell it) and the Syreen, and they both seem very friendly, but neither wants to make an alliance with them. The Arilou don't want to get involved in the Alliance of Free Stars any more, and the Syreen don't want to risk losing their new homeworld. Is there some way I could make an alliance with the Arilou and/or the Syreen?
I've also found a rainbow world at Gamma Kepler. It was heavily guarded by Mycons, but I managed to get there and back again without actually encountering the Mycon podships, as an encounter with them leads to certain conflict, and I've just barely learned how to fight Mycon podships with Earthling cruisers and Orz nemeses. The Melnorme said they were interested in the location of rainbow worlds, so now I know of one location. I just have to find the Melnorme again. It's already April 2158, and the Melnorme said they would be departing the galaxy by February 2159. Is the rainbow world of any other significance?
I am still searching for the eight star "snake that swallowed the elephant" constellation said to contain the creature Admiral ZEX wants. The only eight-star constellation I have found so far is in the Kohr-Ah influence sphere, but when I travelled there, the Kohr-Ah totally annihilated my fleet.
I have also met the Traddash, but they are completely loyal to the Ur-Quan and eager to start a fight with me. The Traddash seem very tough opponents. I can barely destroy one of their ships when they destroy my whole fleet.
The Syreen will ally with you when you bring them proof of how the Mycon destroyed their world. You will need to get an artifact of the Mycon.

Did you visit the Arilou homeworld? They will tell you about an Ur Quan ship that crashed and also about an injured talking pet. This talking pet is key to beating the game.

With the Thraddash, you can convince them to attack the Kor Ah. Also, they will become your ally if you destroy 25 of their ships. Otherwise, you should probably avoid them.

There is a way to get 1 extra year. You need the Utwig and the Suppox to attack the Kor Ah. You may also need the Thraddash to attack, I'm not sure.
In February, the Kor Ah win their war with the Kzer za and begin their "death march" where they slaughter species after species. You still have time to win, but not much.
palaste
Hunam adventurer

Post by palaste »

sakalava47 wrote:The Syreen will ally with you when you bring them proof of how the Mycon destroyed their world. You will need to get an artifact of the Mycon.
I do have an eggshell from a gigantic Mycon egg I found in the Mycon influence sphere. Does that help?
Dyandod
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Dyandod »

palaste wrote:
sakalava47 wrote:The Syreen will ally with you when you bring them proof of how the Mycon destroyed their world. You will need to get an artifact of the Mycon.
I do have an eggshell from a gigantic Mycon egg I found in the Mycon influence sphere. Does that help?
Try it, and see what happens!
KYAAAAAIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!
Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 »

Okay, so you know you're running out of time.

Who is it that Hayes said has a way of getting around *really quickly*?

Go talk to them. Don't give up. Be attentive to what's around you.
palaste
Hunam adventurer

Post by palaste »

Dyandod wrote:
palaste wrote:
Try it, and see what happens!
I found another Mycon eggshell at Beta Copernicus I, which Syreen Commander Talana said used to be their homeworld, but even after I brought it to the Earth starbase where it was confirmed it came from the Mycon, when I contacted Talana again at the Betelgeuse starbase, I didn't even get an option to say anything about the eggshell. How can I use it? Am I even at the right place?
oldlaptop
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by oldlaptop »

palaste wrote: I found another Mycon eggshell at Beta Copernicus I, which Syreen Commander Talana said used to be their homeworld, but even after I brought it to the Earth starbase where it was confirmed it came from the Mycon, when I contacted Talana again at the Betelgeuse starbase, I didn't even get an option to say anything about the eggshell. How can I use it? Am I even at the right place?
Your character needs more in-game information. Try tossing a few hundred credits in the Melnorme's Current Events bin, or talking with a bunch of Mycons (assuming you can kill them when you're done, I once more suggest you try Pkunk Furies or ZFP Stingers on them in Supermelee).
Play Supermelee online in #uqm-arena!
Netmelee Improvement Mod
palaste
Hunam adventurer

Post by palaste »

oldlaptop wrote:
palaste wrote: I found another Mycon eggshell at Beta Copernicus I, which Syreen Commander Talana said used to be their homeworld, but even after I brought it to the Earth starbase where it was confirmed it came from the Mycon, when I contacted Talana again at the Betelgeuse starbase, I didn't even get an option to say anything about the eggshell. How can I use it? Am I even at the right place?
Your character needs more in-game information. Try tossing a few hundred credits in the Melnorme's Current Events bin, or talking with a bunch of Mycons (assuming you can kill them when you're done, I once more suggest you try Pkunk Furies or ZFP Stingers on them in Supermelee).
I found the Melnorme at Beta Arae, and sold them information about the rainbow world I found, plus all the DNA of alien creatures I had onboard. In return, they told me how the Mycon plant pods on planets, which then tear apart their surface and fill the atmosphere with toxic gases. This sounds like exactly what Talana told me happened to Syra, plus I already had the Mycon eggshell with me. But still, when I went to visit Talana again, I still could not say anything about the Mycon to her.
The Melnorme also told me where to find the Thraddash (which I had already encountered), the Druuge, and the Chenjesu. I still haven't made contact with the Druuge or the Chenjesu though.
Plus, the Melnorme keep travelling between star systems, and it's pretty difficult to guess where they might be at next time. It ends up being mostly hit-and-miss.
Dyandod
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Dyandod »

The Melnorme are present at the largest stars in the region, such as Alpha Centauri, Zeeman, or Alpha Illuminati. (It might be hard to find them if they're travelling between planets, but they'll for sure be there.

Not sure why the Mycon thing isn't working... :(
Dyandod
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Dyandod »

Also, did you ever try this:
Dyandod wrote:I would suggest running out of fuel sometime and waiting to see what happens...