SC2's Greatest Mysteries (spoilers)

This is the place to talk about all things Star Control.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

Re: SC2's Greatest Mysteries (spoilers)

Post by Draxas »

I love both the concept and execution of P6014, but would never dream of placing it in canon. Nevermind Timewarp, which as far as I'm aware never even made it far enough to have a coherent, finalized plot.
Rezzoplis
Orz *camper*

Post by Rezzoplis »

Awh, okay.
SUPRISE AND TERROR!
Nackles42
ZEXy Beast

Post by Nackles42 »

Dyandod wrote:Here's something I never quite understood (I vaguely remember having this conversation before but I can't remember so I'm starting the conversation again)- The Sentient Milieu was centered around our area of the galaxy right? Also, when the Ur-Quan and Kohr-Ah found the Sa-Matra, they travelled in opposite directions around the galaxy until they met again. But wouldn't that mean they would have met on the opposite side of the galaxy from us?

I do find it weird, because in SC2, the game we're talking about, the kzer-za and kohr-ah worlds (the circles) largely overlap.
Nackles42
ZEXy Beast

Post by Nackles42 »

sakalava47 wrote:Rainbow worlds? What is their purpose? As an aside, do Rainbow Worlds appear in project 6014?
In Sc2, you can give the rainbow worlds coordinates (once you've gone to them) to the melnorme for their currency.

In Sc3, you go to them and take this residue of the surfaces. You put it in the container given the you by the first doog colony you buy.
Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 »

Nackles42 wrote:
Dyandod wrote:Here's something I never quite understood (I vaguely remember having this conversation before but I can't remember so I'm starting the conversation again)- The Sentient Milieu was centered around our area of the galaxy right? Also, when the Ur-Quan and Kohr-Ah found the Sa-Matra, they travelled in opposite directions around the galaxy until they met again. But wouldn't that mean they would have met on the opposite side of the galaxy from us?

I do find it weird, because in SC2, the game we're talking about, the kzer-za and kohr-ah worlds (the circles) largely overlap.
That's because the circles are where their fleets are located right now. Several homeworlds will be outside of their circles in the course of the game.
chenjesummrnmhrm
Hunam adventurer

Post by chenjesummrnmhrm »

Assume they're moving in 2 dimensional hyperspace, the Ur-Quan path goes in a counterclockwise direction. Starting from where they are now, to the thraddash (one of the first races they conquered), the umgah, the spathi/ilwrath, earth, the yehat, and finally the mycon before returning to where they are now. The kohr-ah apparently went in a counterclockwise direction too, to the druuge, utwig, lyncis constellation, and then back to where they are now. Obviously they missed the utwig, supox and druuge, but nailed the burvixese and gg.

The real question is, why did Commander Hayes tell you to "wait until you have point blank range" when fighting your first ilwrath ship, or why the syreen song doesn't work on the slylandro but does on the mmrnmhrm.

The precursors built the mycon as tools to help gather energy for their great migration. The mycon actually let out some sensible dialogue if you badger them long enough:

Code: Select all

`...the system requires more energy. A convenient source lies beneath the crust...' 
I imagine this as source code for the mycon's original programming.

I agree with Commander Hayes about the mmrnmhrm:

Code: Select all

My personal guess as to why they were sent here is that they are the leading edge of a colonization project
and once the Mmrnmhrm have tamed enough new worlds, the genuine colonists -- whoever they are
will arrive to claim their due.
Someday we'll see the race that sent the mother ark, I imagine they'll be friendly too.

The taalo and androsynth are probably alive. I have to wonder why the orz are so bitter to talk about the androsynth. My best guess is that after the orz pulled the androsynth to their dimension, the androsynth didn't want to form an alliance and ran away, still within that dimension. My take on the orz is that they're like a super clingy friend you don't necessarily want to be around.
chenjesummrnmhrm
Hunam adventurer

Post by chenjesummrnmhrm »

In the first great war, if the alliance had discovered the Pkunk, could they have defeated the Sa Matra?
Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 »

chenjesummrnmhrm wrote:The kohr-ah apparently went in a counterclockwise direction too, to the druuge, utwig, lyncis constellation, and then back to where they are now. Obviously they missed the utwig, supox and druuge, but nailed the burvixese and gg.
I don't understand this conclusion at all. The Kohr-Ah approached from the 'east', hitting the Burvix then moving on to the Utwig before being interrupted, so that would be clockwise.
chenjesummrnmhrm wrote:n the first great war, if the alliance had discovered the Pkunk, could they have defeated the Sa Matra?
No. The weapons you face are from the shield platforms surrounding the Sa-Matra, not the Sa-Matra itself. You may notice that Arilou also do well against the Sa-Matra defense platforms.
Zeracles
Pootworm

Post by Zeracles »

sakalava47 wrote:In star control 2 is evolution true? Because we have plenty of old proto-human bones.
Death 999 wrote:The question is, do the Syreen?
sakalava47 wrote:I guess the Mycon made sure that we'll never know?
Like us, the Syreen would have studied their past and evolution generally before heading into space (prehistory and their equivalent of anthropology). Like, Talana mentions comparison of Human and Syreen history going back at least 7000 years. So the Mycon might have destroyed the primary evidence but if there had been no proto-Syreen remains, it would have been noticed.
Twinkle twinkle Paul and Fred (more)
sakalava47
Orz *camper*

Post by sakalava47 »

Zeracles wrote:
sakalava47 wrote:In star control 2 is evolution true? Because we have plenty of old proto-human bones.
Death 999 wrote:The question is, do the Syreen?
sakalava47 wrote:I guess the Mycon made sure that we'll never know?
Like us, the Syreen would have studied their past and evolution generally before heading into space (prehistory and their equivalent of anthropology). Like, Talana mentions comparison of Human and Syreen history going back at least 7000 years. So the Mycon might have destroyed the primary evidence but if there had been no proto-Syreen remains, it would have been noticed.
I nominate you to travel to Gaia and interrogate the Syreen until you get some answers. You may have to interrogate individuals for hours on end.