GOG & Star Control3

This is the place to talk about all things Star Control.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

User avatar
Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper
Posts: 1717
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:07 pm

Re: GOG & Star Control3

Post by Death 999 »

Unless you save infrequently. If you get stuck, go back. Likely some timed event didn't fire correctly.
KING
Hunam adventurer
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:47 am

Re: GOG & Star Control3

Post by KING »

personally idk why people hate SC3...i mean it lacked on a few things...but the new quadrant....new races....new story...new ships...i mean i really enjoyed it all...only thing i truly disliked was the 3d fighting aspect....was very hard to use at first...but you get used to it...oh and dam them for how you traveled through solar systems...
User avatar
Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags
Posts: 1632
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: GOG & Star Control3

Post by Angelfish »

KING wrote:personally idk why people hate SC3...i mean it lacked on a few things...but the new quadrant....new races....new story...new ships...i mean i really enjoyed it all...only thing i truly disliked was the 3d fighting aspect....was very hard to use at first...but you get used to it...oh and dam them for how you traveled through solar systems...
it's possible to switch the 3d thingy back to 2d :).
Nackles42
ZEXy Beast
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:23 pm

Re: GOG & Star Control3

Post by Nackles42 »

Angelfish is correct. just click the button on the top, the one with the arrow, and it will be 2d until you click it again. oh and just so you know, to get RU's, go to a colony that has a lot of people (for my the pkunk) and turn everything to 0 and MINES and REFINERY (not fuel refinery) to max. get a snack, and then go to orbit, and pull out all those RU's. the max at a time is 30000 RU's i think.

Here's some tips. (go down)











Dont bring the deep child to Janus 7, or the mycon will leave. drop it at a nearby planet.

To fix the Pkunk's funk, go to syreen, tell her to mind wipe your tech team. go to exquivo, and tell them you have attained "nothingness of mind" and go to orbit, and click the habititality scan, ICOM says you cant. then, the humans will tell you that the precursor ship has a data pack. pull it out, and DO NOT RESEARCH IT IN THE SHIP. You will lose the game.
chenjesuwizard
Malfunctioning M:bot
Posts: 849
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:17 am

Re: GOG & Star Control3

Post by chenjesuwizard »

Nackles42 wrote: and DO NOT RESEARCH IT IN THE SHIP. You will lose the game.
That was one of the biggest problems with the game, you died if you did something slightly wrong.
User avatar
Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth
Posts: 1362
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:09 am
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Re: GOG & Star Control3

Post by Draxas »

Even if you didn't know it was wrong at the time. Making an alliance with the Ploxis and lying to the Owa are infamous for this.
jello
Hunam adventurer
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:14 am

Re: GOG & Star Control3

Post by jello »

Other than the creepy puppets I'd agree that the dead-ends are the worst part of the game. In SC2 you could screw up almost anything and still work around it which gave me more of a feeling of being an explorer.

Oh and just floating around either waiting for a time-based event or to figure out some tiny thing that is not even hinted at before you could advance the plot.
User avatar
sakalava47
Orz *camper*
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:44 pm

Re: GOG & Star Control3

Post by sakalava47 »

jello wrote:Other than the creepy puppets I'd agree that the dead-ends are the worst part of the game. In SC2 you could screw up almost anything and still work around it which gave me more of a feeling of being an explorer.

Oh and just floating around either waiting for a time-based event or to figure out some tiny thing that is not even hinted at before you could advance the plot.

I actually liked the Spathi puppet. I think it was better than SC2's Spathi. But everything else... so so bad.
SWVRoma
ZEXy Beast
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat May 12, 2012 5:26 am

Re: GOG & Star Control3

Post by SWVRoma »

Especially the super creepy Syreen.

...and oh God... The human looked like he was having a seizure constantly. I don't understand why they didn't have PEOPLE stand in for those two races.
User avatar
Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags
Posts: 1632
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: GOG & Star Control3

Post by Angelfish »

SWVRoma wrote:Especially the super creepy Syreen.

...and oh God... The human looked like he was having a seizure constantly. I don't understand why they didn't have PEOPLE stand in for those two races.
hmm, what about the thunderbirds. Why did they have puppets instead of real people?
Post Reply