GOG & Star Control3

This is the place to talk about all things Star Control.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

dczanik
Ilwrath spawn

GOG & Star Control3

Post by dczanik »

GOG.com is having a sale on Star Control 1 & 2, Star Control 3 and a bunch of other classic games for just $2.99. If you're a Wing Commander fan too, Wing Commander 1&2, III and Privateer are also $2.99. These games also have a lot of features like the soundtrack, game manuals, wallpapers, etc.

That being said... I've just started playing Star Control 3 again. How do I get Resource Units? The colonies all seem to want resource units to build stuff. But I'm not sure how to get more.
- Damon Czanik
Artist/Project Leader for Ur-Quan Masters HD and the SC2 Fan Sequel,Project 6014
My new portfolio site! and my DeviantArt!
Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Re: GOG & Star Control3

Post by Alvarin »

You need mines to extract minerals and then refineries to convert those to credits.
I found it best to leave the colony setting bars at their default levels and not think about it.
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.
Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 »

The exception there is when you want to build up a colony quickly, you can pump in RU. In that case, temporarily zero out the extraction and refining bars and max out the build up mining capacity and build up refining capacity bars. And of course allocate them ample people and RU. You can claim most of the people back once the colony is built.
Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela »

Also, there's a lotof races thatwill turn traitorous or just break or something i nthe game, so use their colonies just as RU/Fuel producers, nothing else

VUX will depart, Spathi will temporarily depart, half of all Ur-Quan colonies will be lost, Chmmr will break,Pkunk will go down to 50% efficiency, Mycon will depart. Generally, if it isn't human, it's going to screw you over at some point in the game.
Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 »

Any of the new aliens you get on your side will remain loyal, though, so far as I recall.
dczanik
Ilwrath spawn

Post by dczanik »

Cool! Thanks for the info guys!

- Damon Czanik
Artist/Project Leader for Ur-Quan Masters HD and the SC2 Fan Sequel,Project 6014
My new portfolio site! and my DeviantArt!
Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela »

Death 999 wrote:Any of the new aliens you get on your side will remain loyal, though, so far as I recall.
Can you actually found colonies with them though? I seem to remember you couldn't, but i may well be pretty wrong here.
Dabir
Duke Franz Ferdinand

Post by Dabir »

You have to pull people off their existing colonies first. Not sure if there's anything stopping you beyond that, I know you can buy Doog colonies but I don't think that's the only way of getting them.
Saria
Pkunk Elder

Post by Saria »

I'm tempted to buy SC3 but I don't really know if I want any pain this season. :?
oldlaptop
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by oldlaptop »

It's not terribly likely to result in pain so long as you do not expect it in any way to be worthy of the Star Control name, and just look at it like any other mediocre adventure game.
Play Supermelee online in #uqm-arena!
Netmelee Improvement Mod