What do you think the New Alliance did with the Ur-quan?

This is the place to talk about all things Star Control.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

chenjesuwizard
Malfunctioning M:bot

What do you think the New Alliance did with the Ur-quan?

Post by chenjesuwizard » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:47 pm

When they subjugated them? What do you think would be a fit punishment?

oldlaptop
Yehat Revolutionist

Re: What do you think the New Alliance did with the Ur-quan?

Post by oldlaptop » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:19 pm

First of all, there is ambiguity as to whether the Ur-Quan were subjugated at all, the 3DO ending describes them fleeing to the 'Clouds of Magellan'.

If they were indeed subjugated, then I think the most likely solution (if they retained the Doctrines) would have been allowing them to settle in a certain area of space under heavy supervision and with unarmed ships. There is also the possiblity that one or both subspecies (most likely the Kzer-Za) would recognize its doctrine as ultimately discredited. If we further assume that they become peaceful instead of just converting to the other doctrine, they would probably just be left to their own devices, although certainly a watchful eye would be kept on military activities.
Play Supermelee online in #uqm-arena!
Netmelee Improvement Mod

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:16 pm

Kzer-za would be much more capable of admitting inadequacy of their doctrine than the Kohr-Ah, as the later did not have any reason to doubt themselves, as "cleansing" is much faster than subjugation.

The New Alliance of Free Stars would not be able to let remaining Kohr-Ah do whatever they want, even under Kzer-Za supervision and Kzer-Za would not stand aside while Ur-Quans are being killed, so it would still be fight till the last 'Quan or till the end of NAFS.

Without the Kohr-Ah, the Kzer-Za could ditch their path and become neutral species (I don't think they would be willing to join in alliance, in the light of their previous alliance membership and consequences). Any supervision of any sort would not be tolerated, due to their territoriality and probably would not be necessary, as green 'Quans know how to keep themselves under control.
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.

chenjesuwizard

Post by chenjesuwizard » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:36 pm

Okay...

I agree that the Ur-Quan would be the most co-operative, while I can imagine the Kohr-ah fighting to the Death. Though, they may surrender. They're not as stupid as the Ilwrath. They want to survive, to fight another day.
What about the Ex-Hierachy races? I mean, would they free the Spathi? Would the Mycon, Umgah or Vux support a counter attack by the Ur-quan? Would any of them join the alliance?

oldlaptop
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by oldlaptop » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:20 pm

chenjesuwizard wrote: What about the Ex-Hierachy races? I mean, would they free the Spathi? Would the Mycon, Umgah or Vux support a counter attack by the Ur-quan? Would any of them join the alliance?
Probably the most likely of those to turn on the Hierarchy would be the Umgah (Good joke, har har har!). The Mycon would probably cease membership (no longer unvoidable Non) but unless the NAFS is unvoidable Non they might well start trying to kill everyone. The VUX would never join the same organization with the Syreen and Humans, but might try to abandon the sinking Hierarchy ship anyway. I doubt the Chmmr (only ones who can) are so cruel and sadistic to crack the Spathi safety shield unless desperately in need.
Play Supermelee online in #uqm-arena!
Netmelee Improvement Mod

Guizot
Silly Supox

Post by Guizot » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:02 am

I am not really sure what the Umgah would do. Regardless, they would most certainly cause a great deal of friction.

The VUX may consider joining the Alliance. After all, they did manage to tolerate the Androsynth while they were members of the Hierarchy.

The Thraddash would most certainly submit quickly. At most, they would be a little petulant at first due to the loss of the Delta Helix, but they definitely would not stand a chance against the Alliance.

As for neutral species, I am curious as to how the Alliance would react to the Druuge. For some strange reason, I am not sure the Chmmr would be ecstatic to deal with slave traders.

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:18 pm

chenjesuwizard wrote:When they subjugated them? What do you think would be a fit punishment?
Enslaving them for ever and ever and really rubbing thier nose-equalients in it.

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:52 pm

Lukipela wrote:Enslaving them for ever and ever and really rubbing thier nose-equalients in it.
Neither is good idea, Luki. Enslavement would cause them all to embrace Kohr-Ah way and with the tech superiority of Kzer-Za they could re-organize and rise again, causing big problems (though, probably, not enough to conquer the NAFS).
As for rubbing their nose-equivalent... It is just not the NASF way...

(I know the original quote was in jest)
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.

chenjesuwizard

Post by chenjesuwizard » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:29 pm

I could never see the Vux joining the Alliance.
Maybe the Mycon, as the alliance could easily destroy them.

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:35 pm

Alvarin wrote:It is just not the NASF way...
But it certainly is the Empire of Lukipela way :)

On a more serious note, they'll probably try to reform them, puting the Syreen in charge of their therapy since they have some reason to not hate their guts. The Utwif might chip in as well since they know how it feels to be really depressed because your treasure broke. And of course the Umgah will strive to put a smile on their faces. Or faeces. You never know with those guys.