News Feed Location URL

Ahh, vague omens and mysterious portents. Tangled webs of fate intertwined with the branches of destiny, blown by the capricious winds of happenstance. News, news....uh, actually there is some news!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Frumple
Site Admin

News Feed Location URL

Post by Frumple »

Hello!

This forum (What's News?) will contain this site's (The Pages of Now & Forever) news items!

The url for the news feed that you can use in your News Reader software going forward is

http://feeds.feedburner.com/StarControl
Image "...Dogar And Kazon Clack Their Mandibles Against One Another And Snicker With Amusement." Image
Frumple
Site Admin

Re: News Feed Location URL

Post by Frumple »

13 subscribers thus far :? Do people really not use RSS feed readers? I *live* in mine :!:
Image "...Dogar And Kazon Clack Their Mandibles Against One Another And Snicker With Amusement." Image
Rider
Not Ride Her

Post by Rider »

Nope, never used 'em... probably never will either. Don't know why though... I guess I'm old-school or something ridiculous like that...
Hehe, that's what I said!
Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

Post by Draxas »

Can't say I've ever used RSS either. I just have a daily routine of sites I visit, whether they update or not. Since forums tend to be pretty active anyway, I can't think of what the point would be since it would be going off all the time.
Eth
Shining Being of Pure Light and Blissful Love

Post by Eth »

I will get into RSS pretty soon. Can anyone recommend how to get started, what app to use, etc? I'm running Windows.
Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela »

Eth wrote:I will get into RSS pretty soon. Can anyone recommend how to get started, what app to use, etc? I'm running Windows.
I use Thunderbird for both email and rss. Firefox Sage was also alright, albeit maybe a little clumsy.
Frumple
Site Admin

Post by Frumple »

Eth wrote:I will get into RSS pretty soon. Can anyone recommend how to get started, what app to use, etc? I'm running Windows.
I've used several Windows apps over the years. They all pale in comparison to Google Reader. For a "web app" it's amazing fast. I recommend that.
Scott Irving
Site Admin

Post by Scott Irving »

I use firefox for RSS and actually I only have two feeds.. redflagdeals and atomicpopcorn
Site Admin and General Techie person. Also I'm batman.
PaulForest
ZEXy Beast

Post by PaulForest »

RSS rocks. Consider using Google Reader if you're using multiple PCs and need to sync up your favourites and what you've read, or Thunderbird if you're using just one computer. So Google Reader is available for free if you have a free gmail account; it's a web-based service.
President, Forest Games, @ForestGames
Personal Blog
The developer formerly known as youBastrd!
Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela »

I use Thunderbird on more than just one computer and still prefer to it for RSS, it means I have all my email and RSS in an easily locatable spot.

Heh, the Firefox spell-checker does not recognize the words "Firefox" and "Thunderbird".