Author Topic: Melee Meet-Up [March 2010]  (Read 4758 times)

Offline Lukipela

• ZFP Peace Corps
  • Ur-Quan Lord
  • The Ancient One
    • View Profile
Melee Meet-Up [March 2010]
« on: March 05, 2010, 08:03:40 am »
For those of you who haven't tried your hand at melee, there's a chance coming up! Saturday 13th is match day, so make sure to show off your awesome pilot skills. But be careful. Space is a tough place where wimps eat plasma. Or so I hear.

Check out this UQMF thread for more details, such as who will be present, how to get things working and other important tidbits.

Lukipela
Round and round it goes, where it stops nobody knows

Offline Nuclear

• Ur-Quan Lord
  • "Da Da Da, Da Da, Da!"
    • View Profile
Re: Melee Meet-Up [March 2010]
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 01:31:37 pm »
Well too bad North Americans got there at the end of the "Meet-Up" Not many people there by the time I got there. Anyway, I beat Mormont twice {GG} And lost to Tiberian once, we also had a somewhat lengthy discussion about best video games and video game parts. {I, HATE, Dragons NAAAGGGHHHH!}
Lever1: Hey, I want too push the button
Lever2: No! I want too!
Lever3: Stop whining you two!
Button: Hey Lever 3, can we switch jobs? I'm getting bored of pushing the button....
Lever3: Sweet!
Lever1/2: awww no fair!

Offline Lukipela

• ZFP Peace Corps
  • Ur-Quan Lord
  • The Ancient One
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 01:32:14 pm »
From the organizer:

In the end the turn out was rather good, but the amount of actual games played was small. The Australians were on the channel earlier and were playing quite a bit with the Russian(s) and Europeans. As the American continent woke up and the players started wandering to the channel we had 12 players around. Mysteriously the channel seemed to be more interested in talking than playing and the evening ended with around 3 games played. There was no interest for a tournament, so it was skipped. I don't know if it was for this forum thread or something else, but the activity in the arena was very high during this week.

I also just realized him and me used to be almost neighbours. Weird. I guess it's a small SC world.
Round and round it goes, where it stops nobody knows

Offline Cedric6014

• *Happy Camper*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 06:10:05 pm »
I also just realized him and me used to be almost neighbours. Weird. I guess it's a small SC world.

Not really Lukipela. Finland has a population of 19, all play Star Control and all live near each other

You crazy Finns!