• Welcome to Star Control Discussion Board.
 

A Christmas card in time saves nine!

Started by Lukipela, December 20, 2009, 07:15:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Lukipela

And we continue on our theme of gift-giving. So far we've discussed that pets aren't for life and that gag gifts need a little thought. Today we're looking at something different. Don't be selfish when you buy gifts. Don't buy stuff that you'd want for others. We all know the stereotypes of husbands buying bowling balls or golf clubs for their wives. But it can be much simpler, like buying a book or DVD you ant for a friend, only to try and borrow them as soon as possible. Or in the SC universe, buying some delicious BBQ sauce.


Lukipela
Round and round it goes, where it stops nobody knows

Scott_Irving

Just fixed a couple spelling mistakes.. This card is clever, took me a second to get it.

Son_of_Antares

My gut feeling tells me that this Ilwrath is in fact a reincarnation of a Zebranky! :o I just wonder what would ZFP give this Ilwrath in return :D

Great card, although it left me with a somewhat troubled feeling.

p.s.- I think that we should start another petition so TFB would hire zarla as an concept artist at least. I mean look at these cards! Where does she get the ideas for all this?! I am utterly astounded and overwhelmed with pure awesomeness :)

Nuclear

What is an Ilwrath doing there any way? Oh, well nice picture. Another observation of race proportions here.....
Lever1: Hey, I want too push the button
Lever2: No! I want too!
Lever3: Stop whining you two!
Button: Hey Lever 3, can we switch jobs? I'm getting bored of pushing the button....
Lever3: Sweet!
Lever1/2: awww no fair!

Kerma

Too bad that little eye guy couldn't talk, or the Fot (or is the microphone the Fot?) could of ran away by now!
Everyone Thinks I'm crazy.
I'd like to keep the term
"Mentally Unstable".

PabloLuna

#5
Could it be possible to have 1280x1024 post cards?
It would be nice to use one as wallpaper.

Consider a space in the left to place icons.  User icons to contrast over the background.
It means ise of asimmetric composition.
Here is a nice example.
http://www.fondosgratis.com.mx/items/peliculas/ciencia-ficcion/3540_r2-d2-de-star-wars/full/3/

Kerma

PabloLuna, You need to learn that everything isn't always going to be your way. :/
Everyone Thinks I'm crazy.
I'd like to keep the term
"Mentally Unstable".

Lukipela

Quote from: Scott_Irving on December 20, 2009, 08:14:48 AM
Just fixed a couple spelling mistakes.. This card is clever, took me a second to get it.

Thanks Scott.


Quote from: PabloLuna on December 21, 2009, 05:49:09 AM
Could it be possible to have 1280x1024 post cards?
It would be nice to use one as wallpaper.

Consider a space in the left to place icons.  User icons to contrast over the background.
It means ise of asimmetric composition.
Here is a nice example.
http://www.fondosgratis.com.mx/items/peliculas/ciencia-ficcion/3540_r2-d2-de-star-wars/full/3/

I'l ask Zarla, but don't get your hopes up. I'm pretty sure this is the resolution they were created at.
Round and round it goes, where it stops nobody knows

Draxas

Quote from: Son_of_Antares on December 20, 2009, 08:35:54 AMMy gut feeling tells me that this Ilwrath is in fact a reincarnation of a Zebranky! :o I just wonder what would ZFP give this Ilwrath in return :D

Genocide, one would imagine. I wonder how they would fit that in a box?

PabloLuna

Quote from: Kerma on December 21, 2009, 06:06:10 AM
PabloLuna, You need to learn that everything isn't always going to be your way. :/

No problem.  :)  I just may like to use one as wallpaper.