Author Topic: Random Discussions Megathread Dump  (Read 89585 times)

Offline Lukipela

• ZFP Peace Corps
  • Ur-Quan Lord
  • The Ancient One
    • View Profile
Re: Random Discussions Megathread Dump
« Reply #540 on: January 12, 2010, 10:00:57 am »
You named your cat after a fictional dungeon? Or does Moria mean something else in some other crazy language?

I didn't name it, my sister did. She was seven when we got the cat, it was really her cat to begin with. Dunno if she took the name from there though.
Round and round it goes, where it stops nobody knows

Offline Zeracles

• Talking Pet
  • Icon of X
    • View Profile
    • Me
« Reply #541 on: January 19, 2010, 03:33:47 am »
Had me stumped for a bit, but I think I've figured out what happened to my happy annigilation thread. Pablo was engaging in self-annigilation, true to the theme of the thread, but then he took it one step further and self-annihilated ;) Anyway, my karma's still falling so I'm still warshipping people in that thread, at least that still works!

This pretty much sums up why we would never really want our cats to be outdoor cats
Still, even though outdoor life can be rough on cats, I think it's something I'd want to give my cats. It's not fun to lose a family member, but in my mind cats need their freedom.
Dogs are loyal and fun. As for cats, if I catch yours hunting the native fauna, its life is in danger.
Fear not the Arch Viles and Spectres of the Deepest Reaches, for the X is strong in this place.

In my next life I would like to be a pootworm. ANNIGILATE ME!

Offline Lukipela

• ZFP Peace Corps
  • Ur-Quan Lord
  • The Ancient One
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 19, 2010, 04:18:02 am »
Had me stumped for a bit, but I think I've figured out what happened to my happy annigilation thread. Pablo was engaging in self-annigilation, true to the theme of the thread, but then he took it one step further and self-annihilated ;) Anyway, my karma's still falling so I'm still warshipping people in that thread, at least that still works!

Yeah, Pablo is sadly no longer with us.

Dogs are loyal and fun. As for cats, if I catch yours hunting the native fauna, its life is in danger.

I don't think my cats will stray all the way to Australia, so they're probably safe.

Draxas: Sure, if nature around here was much more dangerous I might think differently. But i really don't think you should have cats if you can't let them out, ergo I don't thnik that one should have cats outside rural areas. That's just my personal opinion though, backed up by no more than "cats deserve to be free lol".

Offline Draxas

• *Happy Camper*
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 19, 2010, 10:40:18 am »

Unfortunate. I feel like I played some part in that, unintentional though it may have been. Seemed like a gross overreaction to me, though.

Draxas: Sure, if nature around here was much more dangerous I might think differently. But i really don't think you should have cats if you can't let them out, ergo I don't thnik that one should have cats outside rural areas. That's just my personal opinion though, backed up by no more than "cats deserve to be free lol".

Well, cats are fairly well adapted to living in the frozen north, where nothing else can survive I guess. Around here, though, there are bigger, nastier, and occasionally rabid animals that you probably don't want your poor house cat tangling with (especially in the case of our boys, divested of their natural weaponry as they are). Plus, if they hadn't been adopted by us, they probably would have been euthanized, which I think is far more tragic than not letting them out of the house.

Offline Lukipela

• ZFP Peace Corps
  • Ur-Quan Lord
  • The Ancient One
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 19, 2010, 11:25:42 am »
Unfortunate. I feel like I played some part in that, unintentional though it may have been. Seemed like a gross overreaction to me, though.

Let's just say that Pablo came from a pretty different place than most people on this forum. I chatted with him a bit in private and if nothing else, he put his money where his mouth was. But the culture on the internet in general and the culture where he comes from are worlds apart.

Quote from: Draxas
Well, cats are fairly well adapted to living in the frozen north, where nothing else can survive I guess.

Further east and north there are lynx, but they tend to be sympathetic to their brethren and mostly kill dogs. But yeah, Scandinavia has surprisingly few wild bothersome beasts.

Plus, if they hadn't been adopted by us, they probably would have been euthanized, which I think is far more tragic than not letting them out of the house.

Give me liberty or give me death!

Offline Nuclear

• Ur-Quan Lord
  • "Da Da Da, Da Da, Da!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 19, 2010, 03:44:02 pm »

Do we at least get to keep his music? Most of them are pretty good.
Lever1: Hey, I want too push the button
Lever2: No! I want too!
Lever3: Stop whining you two!
Button: Hey Lever 3, can we switch jobs? I'm getting bored of pushing the button....
Lever3: Sweet!
Lever1/2: awww no fair!

Offline Bleeding Star

• Ur-Quan Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: January 25, 2010, 03:09:05 am »
Lukipela says:

Damn, I totally missed that. I always miss these big drama-fests. Guess I should have kept up with the anniggilation thread.

I didn't name it, my sister did. She was seven when we got the cat, it was really her cat to begin with. Dunno if she took the name from there though.

You need to find out!