Author Topic: Things your country doesn't "get"  (Read 11453 times)

Offline Cedric6014

• *Happy Camper*
    • View Profile
Re: Things your country doesn't "get"
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2010, 11:31:12 am »
As for mayo, I used to like it when I was younger, but it has since become one of my condiments of last resort. Far better is the strategic addition of some ketchup to make thousand island dressing, or the complete substitution for honey mustard, barbeque sauce, or (best yet) buffalo sauce. I could seriously eat that last one on almost any kind of sandwich and enjoy it.

Yes yes yes. I should have said condiments in fact. The US does get condiments, where as we here do not. We just have not come round to the idea that to make something delicious you really need to add some salty moistening ingredient. Rocket science? I think not

Offline Eth

• ZFP Peace Corps
  • Ur-Quan Lord
  • an animal on a stick!
    • View Profile
    • Famous Battles of the Ur-Quan Conflict
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2010, 02:31:03 pm »
@Luki: Yes, we really don't "get" the metric system in the US.  It's slowly creeping in in some areas (2 liter bottles of soda, medicines are generally measured in metric) but by and large we use the old imperial measurements.  
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 12:42:33 am by Eth »

Offline Scott_Irving

• ZFP Peace Corps
  • Ur-Quan Lord
  • XR Webmaster / PNF Deputy
    • View Profile
    • XR: The Movie Project
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2010, 05:37:41 pm »
We have imperial and metric here which really mucks with things, i think it's mostly just cause the imperial stuff comes up from the states. Imperial... ick it's like fractions!. Mayo is by far the best condiment.

I personally don't get imperial (along with many other Canadians)