Author Topic: What the... the filthy traitor!  (Read 8462 times)

Offline Rider

• Ur-Quan Lord
    • View Profile
    • Cubicle Webcomic
What the... the filthy traitor!
« on: December 08, 2008, 12:56:19 am »
Luki hasn't showed up here in a while now, I think he left mentioning something about a hiatus (or was that Eth?), in any case, I was under the impression that he had better things to do or whatever, but now it seems that he's still posting joyously on the UQMF!

I thought We were the happy fun forum, and UQM was the one with the awfull signal/noise ratio? Where did we go wrong?  :-[
You wish you had a signature like mine

Offline Shiver

• Talking Pet
    • View Profile
Re: What the... the filthy traitor!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 01:12:50 pm »
Correction: SCDB is the "over 50% off topic garbage" forum. You're right about UQM, though. Ever since Jaychant migrated over there it's been more than a little bit on the shitty side. I get the feeling several of the new arrivals are sockpuppets of his, but the core team doesn't care enough about maintaining a community to even look at it.

Offline Meep-Eep

• Deep Child
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 04:21:04 pm »
I get the feeling several of the new arrivals are sockpuppets of his, but the core team doesn't care enough about maintaining a community to even look at it.
Oh, you funny guy, you. :D

Offline Shiver

• Talking Pet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 04:46:25 pm »
Oh, you funny guy, you. :D

Gah! You're like Derek Smart. A few years back you could post that guy's name on an internet forum and a few days later he'd register and respond. But I don't think he does google searches on his own name anymore.

Offline Eth

• ZFP Peace Corps
  • Ur-Quan Lord
  • an animal on a stick!
    • View Profile
    • Famous Battles of the Ur-Quan Conflict
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 05:35:16 pm »
  Luki was sick of this place, just as I was.  I just got over it faster than he did.

Offline FreakyM

• Ur-Quan Lord
  • GENOCIDE CUTTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 07:24:35 pm »
And yet, as I myself serve as a good example, some of us can never truly leave.
The Controversial Subject lives on.

Offline Scott_Irving

• ZFP Peace Corps
  • Ur-Quan Lord
  • XR Webmaster / PNF Deputy
    • View Profile
    • XR: The Movie Project
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 07:53:32 pm »
lol if I left... well *poofda* , I could see the site falling apart pretty quick, or at least the next time gamespy changed servers and loaded our site from an old backup or some such.

Offline Zeracles

• Talking Pet
  • Icon of X
    • View Profile
    • Me
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 09:55:10 pm »
Luki hasn't showed up here in a while now, I think he left mentioning something about a hiatus (or was that Eth?)
That was Eth, Luki went camping.
I thought We were the happy fun forum, and UQM was the one with the awfull signal/noise ratio? Where did we go wrong?  :-[
Luki told me in a PM exchange why he hasn't come back yet (it was something specific but you'd have to ask him), but he said he'd be back sooner or later.
Correction: SCDB is the "over 50% off topic garbage" forum.
It sounds like Shiver would like to be banned. Look at his contribution to this thread - who doesn't think that half his reason for being here is to make trouble? Who objects? Clearly Shiver wouldn't mind. But it's more than a little nutty that he keeps crawling back, after more or less declaring that this place is manifestly inferior, and after being periodically flamed off the forum. Shall we continue the cycle? :D

I'm tired of saying this, but I like UQMF, not nearly as much fun as here though. That and all the projects which get started and never get within coo-ee of finishing. It amounts to a lot of attention seeking more than it does useful on-topic discussion. If I start something it will only be when I think I will actually finish it. You can only discuss SC for so long in the absence of an SC2+1 before it gets repetitive. Oh and that place has a whole lot more jerks (I try not to count jerks here who have come from over there just to post about how great UQMF is and shit up our atmosphere generally).
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 09:59:36 pm by Zeracles »
Fear not the Arch Viles and Spectres of the Deepest Reaches, for the X is strong in this place.

In my next life I would like to be a pootworm. ANNIGILATE ME!

Offline Shiver

• Talking Pet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 11:33:21 pm »
It sounds like Shiver would like to be banned. Look at his contribution to this thread - who doesn't think that half his reason for being here is to make trouble? Who objects? Clearly Shiver wouldn't mind. But it's more than a little nutty that he keeps crawling back, after more or less declaring that this place is manifestly inferior, and after being periodically flamed off the forum. Shall we continue the cycle? :D

Overreacting as usual. You have a grudge, I think. Let it go.

Oh and that place has a whole lot more jerks (I try not to count jerks here who have come from over there just to post about how great UQMF is and shit up our atmosphere generally)

Really now, who besides me? It's a pretty chill forum as far as I can tell.

Offline Zeracles

• Talking Pet
  • Icon of X
    • View Profile
    • Me
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008, 02:15:21 am »
Say anything you like Shiver, but my questions still stand unanswered. If you don't want to play this time, I'm not surprised 8)
Overreacting as usual. You have a grudge, I think. Let it go.
You don't like this place. We got that. Every time. So let it go? But here you are, posting anyway, `I hate this place, I'd much rather be elsewhere!' No grudge, only here to help ;)

Alternatively, you actually like it here, but either way this is quite strange behaviour.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 03:33:24 am by Zeracles »
Fear not the Arch Viles and Spectres of the Deepest Reaches, for the X is strong in this place.

Offline Sedodes

• Ur-Quan Lord
  • Ironic self-hating narcissist superhero!
    • View Profile
    • Clickity
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2008, 05:54:32 am »
1)  I like Shiver.  He's a sort of "tolerable douche" in that he doesn't post enough to be a pest but he posts often enough to be a regular.  While it is true that he generally bashes our happy little community at pretty much any opportunity instead of actually giving constructive ideas on how to improve it, he also engages in highly entertaining flame wars -- and if you're his opponent, you're almost guaranteed to look good.

2)  I like Zeracles.  Mainly because, when coupled with Shiver, it's guaranteed entertainment.  Other than that I don't see much use for him but what there is suffices.

3)  We've all tried to leave the SCDB at some point, admit it.  I've personally resigned myself to being here until the site closes... I figure that if jail can't even keep me away from here I shouldn't try to fight it.

4)  I'm glad Jaychant went to UQMF... they deserve him.  I hope he and Meep-Eep become good friends.

5)  I miss Lukipela.  I'm sure that whatever reason he has for leaving isn't just a load of BS to avoid updating his "history" thread.
In a world where one man could change the world,
One man changed the world!

WORLD CHANGER: CHANGER OF WORLDS

The day the world changed
Will be known as the day that changed the world

SPRING 2010

Offline FreakyM

• Ur-Quan Lord
  • GENOCIDE CUTTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2008, 06:02:17 am »
Sedodes' point 3) really had an impact on me. I just now pretty much decided the same- as long as the site exists, I will be here, in one form or another.
The Controversial Subject lives on.

Offline Zeracles

• Talking Pet
  • Icon of X
    • View Profile
    • Me
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2008, 06:38:58 am »
Point 1) for me. I too like Shiver for all those reasons, the last in particular. I had high hopes for this thread but I fear it won't go the distance.

Offline Shiver

• Talking Pet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2008, 09:53:46 am »
Quote from: Zeracles
Say anything you like Shiver, but my questions still stand unanswered. If you don't want to play this time, I'm not surprised 8)

I'm not doing this. Where's the fun in it? You were stumbling all over yourself starting on the very first reply this time around. That's boring.

Offline chenjesuwizard

• *Happy Camper*
  • No
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2008, 09:43:28 am »
I never liked jaychant
I'm watching you. I always do. I know your every step. Awake or asleep. I look into your dreams. I see all your emotions, your love, your sorrow, everything around you. I feel your pain and endure it. I can cast the magic of the worlds and destroy everything you see.
This is a burden, and a gift.