Author Topic: What the... the filthy traitor!  (Read 8463 times)

Offline Eth

• ZFP Peace Corps
  • Ur-Quan Lord
  • an animal on a stick!
    • View Profile
    • Famous Battles of the Ur-Quan Conflict
Re: What the... the filthy traitor!
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2008, 10:50:21 am »
  If feeling sorry for someone because they are obviously brain-damaged counts a "liking them," then I liked him. 

Offline Dabir

• Talking Pet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2008, 01:21:21 pm »
I tried to like him. I really tried, maybe because he reminded me of how I used to act about 3 or 4 years ago, but he just made it so difficult. I even tried to respond meaningfully to his topics, but in the end I just gave up, it wasn't worth the effort restraining myself from wincing at his words.

Offline Zeracles

• Talking Pet
  • Icon of X
    • View Profile
    • Me
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2008, 02:40:56 am »
I never really had a problem with him, though I did notice that he could be really annoying . . . but so can I (and so can others around here). Possibly my distaste would have been magnified somewhat if I had interacted with him more. Pests can be tuned out though, so he was essentially harmless.

Anyone who misses him can relive the experience . . .
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 03:03:29 am by Zeracles »
Fear not the Arch Viles and Spectres of the Deepest Reaches, for the X is strong in this place.

In my next life I would like to be a pootworm. ANNIGILATE ME!

Offline Scott_Irving

• ZFP Peace Corps
  • Ur-Quan Lord
  • XR Webmaster / PNF Deputy
    • View Profile
    • XR: The Movie Project
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2008, 10:53:30 am »
Part of it was he started making dumb threats (annoying to yes)... which doesn't fly around here.

Offline Shiver

• Talking Pet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2008, 12:10:27 pm »
Part of it was he started making dumb threats (annoying to yes)... which doesn't fly around here.

Speaking of which, I miss Valaggar. If he sent you an e-mail asking for an unban, would you give it to him?

Offline Scott_Irving

• ZFP Peace Corps
  • Ur-Quan Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2008, 03:14:36 pm »
probably cause he asked to be banned. After I was sure it was him course.  ;) ;)

Offline Rider

• Ur-Quan Lord
    • View Profile
    • Cubicle Webcomic
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2008, 04:08:23 am »
Yeah... at least Valaggar brought some spice to this place... it's more or less on it's buttocks at the moment...
You wish you had a signature like mine

Offline chenjesuwizard

• *Happy Camper*
  • No
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2008, 04:13:04 am »
Things have really slowed down.
I'm watching you. I always do. I know your every step. Awake or asleep. I look into your dreams. I see all your emotions, your love, your sorrow, everything around you. I feel your pain and endure it. I can cast the magic of the worlds and destroy everything you see.
This is a burden, and a gift.

Offline Sedodes

• Ur-Quan Lord
  • Ironic self-hating narcissist superhero!
    • View Profile
    • Clickity
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2008, 07:49:21 am »
I personally like where the board is at in terms of activity.  Five or six years ago it would have killed me, but now that I've got other things to do than sit on the computer, go to work, and force my roomate to clean the house I find that if it were any busier I simply wouldn't have time to "clear the unread stuff" every time I popped on for a bit.

As it is I stopped visiting anything but the "Off Topic" section years ago.
In a world where one man could change the world,
One man changed the world!

WORLD CHANGER: CHANGER OF WORLDS

The day the world changed
Will be known as the day that changed the world

SPRING 2010

Offline Scott_Irving

• ZFP Peace Corps
  • Ur-Quan Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2008, 12:09:31 pm »

Offline Zeracles

• Talking Pet
  • Icon of X
    • View Profile
    • Me
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2008, 02:16:29 am »
Speaking of which, I miss Valaggar.
I miss him too (he really made a spectacular exit with Must... resist urge... to post... crap... and Goodbye, Cruel World!), but for him to stay the next time around, you (``you" know who you are) would need to play a bit nicer with him. Would that spoil it for you?
If he sent you an e-mail asking for an unban, would you give it to him?
Is he actually banned now? I remember you only stopped him from posting but he could still send PMs - since then he's deleted his account. Is there anything to stop him from registering again?
probably cause he asked to be banned.
Scott, who are you here to serve? Val or the community? ;)
I personally like where the board is at in terms of activity.
I like it too, it's enough (among other things) to amuse me a little in between slabs of work. When it's more active than this there are entire threads I ignore completely.
I find that if it were any busier I simply wouldn't have time to "clear the unread stuff" every time I popped on for a bit.
Maybe this (combined with OCD?) accounts for the venom you directed at jaychant?
Sed: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Changer_of_Worlds  ;) ;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worldchanger
Fear not the Arch Viles and Spectres of the Deepest Reaches, for the X is strong in this place.

Offline Sedodes

• Ur-Quan Lord
    • View Profile
    • Clickity
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2008, 09:09:36 am »
@ Scott & Zeracles -- For a second I thought you guys had given me an awesome Christmas gift and actually made Wikipedia entries about my movie.  Turns out you've disappointed me.  Again.

@ Zeracles -- What I directed at jaychant was nothing more than he deserved.  Just because I was able to see quicker and more clearly than the rest the kind of annoyance he truly was (and responded in kind) doesn't mean I was anything but insightful.  Perhaps others shouldn't just consider a community something to leave once it no longer fits their liking and actually try to cultivate an environment they prefer.  With the jaychant issue closed I don't even see why you think he was anything but a pest, nor why you seem to hold me responsible for some sort of faux pas.  You remind me of John Jonah Jameson, if you Aussies have Spiderman down there...

SPRING 2010

Offline Zeracles

• Talking Pet
  • Icon of X
    • View Profile
    • Me
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2008, 10:13:47 am »
Oh dear, looks like I've inadvertently opened an old wound - try to get over it. Anyway you're still missing the point of that quarrel, it was more about moderation of the SCDB than it was about JC. There's your faux pas to go with all the narcissistic rubbish you threw around,
Just because I was able to see quicker and more clearly than the rest the kind of annoyance he truly was (and responded in kind) doesn't mean I was anything but insightful.
and here's your new one.

You remind me of John Jonah Jameson, if you Aussies have Spiderman down there...
I don't know anything about spiderman so this is lost on me, but assuming you're making yourself out to be some kind of hero (defender of the forum or somesuch), I won't fault you - I guess we all do that sometimes, some more often than others ;)

Offline Sedodes

• Ur-Quan Lord
    • View Profile
    • Clickity
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2008, 06:10:17 pm »
It's not that I see myself as some sort of superhero, merely that I've got somebody trying to make me look bad fairly consistently.  While I don't expect you to even be able to comprehend my sheer awesomeness with your puny Australian brain, if you ever experienced me with an open mind you'd understand that I've never been anything but modest.

SPRING 2010

Offline Zeracles

• Talking Pet
  • Icon of X
    • View Profile
    • Me
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2008, 08:57:18 am »
It's not that I see myself as some sort of superhero, merely that I've got somebody trying to make me look bad fairly consistently. 
I haven't been doing that, and even if I wanted you to look bad, you do that all by yourself. Read your own post if you still don't understand.
While I don't expect you to even be able to comprehend my sheer awesomeness with your puny Australian brain, if you ever experienced me with an open mind you'd understand that I've never been anything but modest.
Actually I fully comprehend the awesomeness of many of your posts and threads here, but you spoil most of it with sheer stupidity - which is still precisely that even if one understands your better moments. Overall, you're a plus I'd have to say. If it helps you, there's no need to be abusive for the sake of maintaining your ``reputation".