Poll

Did you feel that this particular piece of news was relevant? Take the time to answer our customer satisfaction poll.

It was very relevant
6 (100%)
It was relevant enough
0 (0%)
It was not relevant at all
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: May 19, 2008, 10:16:28 am

Author Topic: ~Chikyujin-yo! Desu desu?  (Read 27125 times)

Offline Rider

• Ur-Quan Lord
    • View Profile
    • Cubicle Webcomic
Re: ~Chikyujin-yo! Desu desu?
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2008, 12:31:44 am »
OMG, I was going to post something like, "OK, calm down. Let's not get into any serious relationships yet!"

I'm not sure that means you decided against it...
You wish you had a signature like mine

Offline Lukipela

• ZFP Peace Corps
  • Ur-Quan Lord
  • The Ancient One
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2008, 01:57:11 am »
It's pretty clearly implied that the good admiral has a sexual attraction to earthlings. 

Yeah, but having sexual attractions doesn’t necessarily mean he wants full on physical stuff. I mean, he has a whole menagerie of ugly things, because ugly things turn him on. Humans are the ugliest, but I’m sure there are all manner of disgusting creatures holed up down there. And yet he keeps the Shofixti Maidens frozen. If he really was into the touchy feely stuff, he’d have thawed them out long ago to get some rodent action. And what was he going to do with the Beast? I don’t think it’s an ideal candidate for a romantic candlelit dinner. I always figured him for a watcher. He’d just walk around his menagerie, stop in front of whatever caught his fancy and er.. spank the hypnotoad.

And I realize that I’m thinking far too hard and deep about something I’d really rather not be thinking about. So unless you want to argue about whether ZEX likes to watch or do, let’s just return to the original topic shall we?

So.. the Japanese voices. I thought the Druuge were quite good, although unexpected. And I suppose Red is right, the Utwig voice could have been a bit older, even though I think it’s spot on otherwise. It’s a pity Yukki isn’t around anymore, she must have played this version. It’d be fun to hear her take on the English voices.
Round and round it goes, where it stops nobody knows

Valaggar Redux

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2008, 02:43:21 am »
Yeah, but having sexual attractions doesn’t necessarily mean he wants full on physical stuff. I mean, he has a whole menagerie of ugly things, because ugly things turn him on. Humans are the ugliest, but I’m sure there are all manner of disgusting creatures holed up down there. And yet he keeps the Shofixti Maidens frozen. If he really was into the touchy feely stuff, he’d have thawed them out long ago to get some rodent action. And what was he going to do with the Beast? I don’t think it’s an ideal candidate for a romantic candlelit dinner. I always figured him for a watcher. He’d just walk around his menagerie, stop in front of whatever caught his fancy and er.. spank the hypnotoad.

From the 1998 IRC chat with Toys for Bob (Fwiffo is both Fred Ford and Paul Reiche III here):

<Mephisto_> Fwiffo: Was ZEX gay, or just a little 'confused'?
<Fwiffo> ZEX liked humans. He was into beastiality at the very least.

As to the Shofixti Maidens specifically, I suppose they're simply not ugly enough for ZEX's taste.

A seed crystal is a small crystal that you put in a supersaturated solution to create a much larger crystal.  The solute crystalizes around the seed.  (There are other ways to do it, but they're not relevant to my metaphor so I'll ignore them.)

Beautiful metaphor. ;D
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 02:48:48 am by Valaggar Redux »

Offline Lukipela

• ZFP Peace Corps
  • Ur-Quan Lord
  • The Ancient One
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2008, 03:08:14 am »
From the 1998 IRC chat with Toys for Bob (Fwiffo is both Fred Ford and Paul Reiche III here):

<Mephisto_> Fwiffo: Was ZEX gay, or just a little 'confused'?
<Fwiffo> ZEX liked humans. He was into beastiality at the very least.

As to the Shofixti Maidens specifically, I suppose they're simply not ugly enough for ZEX's taste.

Excellent point. Didn't think of that.

Offline Eth

• ZFP Peace Corps
  • Ur-Quan Lord
  • an animal on a stick!
    • View Profile
    • Famous Battles of the Ur-Quan Conflict
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2008, 08:27:41 am »
  See, he's not only a man, er VUX, of varied and far-ranging sexual tastes, but he's also a collector.  ZEX's Beauty and the Shofixti maidens fill holes in his collection, but they aren't suitable candidates for romance.  A human, however, could conceivably fit into both roles.

Offline Lukipela

• ZFP Peace Corps
  • Ur-Quan Lord
  • The Ancient One
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2008, 09:54:25 am »
So what did you think of the voices? And on a related note I think it's pretty hilarious that this poll has gotten 3 votes and the Punk vs metal thing is at 8 votes. I guess I know what I should do to make the front page posts more attractive.

Offline Alana

• Hunam
  • deviant schoolgirl on speed <3
    • View Profile
    • The New Alliance of Free Stars : A SC2 RP
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2008, 10:58:24 am »
  See, he's not only a man, er VUX, of varied and far-ranging sexual tastes, but he's also a collector.  ZEX's Beauty and the Shofixti maidens fill holes in his collection, but they aren't suitable candidates for romance.  A human, however, could conceivably fit into both roles.
And it's quite possible that he just didn't know enough about the technology that held the Maidens in stasis to risk trying to defrost them-- better to be able to look-but-not-touch than to be able to do neither.

As you said, not only would he be able to both collect and romance the Captain, but the Captain's a pretty relaxed, curious guy (or at least, that's the sense I get from the branches I tend towards while playing)-- they could potentially converse in a way nothing else ZEX has collected could, as equally sentient beings. (The Shofixti are self-aware, but they aren't exactly bright or civilized yet.)

And back to voices:

Spathi = cute. ZFP = ADORABLE, I WANT TO KIDNAP THE BLUE ONE AND LET HIM BABBLE AT ME ABOUT FRUNGY, AWW. I enjoy the Yehat voices, especially at the "wareware wa Spathi de wa nai!" part. ZEX has just the right amount of pervy old man going on to make me laugh-in-the-good-way; the VUX in general sound pretty niftily angry and stick-in-the-mud.

Most of the rest don't really pop out at me.
Proud to have a "very special fondness" for Admiral ZEX
<3

Offline waywardoctagon

• Hunam
  • More information...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2008, 11:26:51 am »
If he really was into the touchy feely stuff, he’d have thawed them out long ago to get some rodent action.

Maybe he did, and they tried to kill him so he thought better of it. :P Or maybe he captured a Shofixti ship, and froze them himself after they tried to kill him and/or themselves. (That would explain why he had them in the first place, at least.)

Offline Shiver

• Talking Pet
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2008, 11:36:33 am »
So what did you think of the voices? And on a related note I think it's pretty hilarious that this poll has gotten 3 votes and the Punk vs metal thing is at 8 votes. I guess I know what I should do to make the front page posts more attractive.

I think people don't pay attention to your polls because there isn't anyone who seriously looks at them and says "NO, THAT'S NOT RELEVANT. RAAARGH!!" It's not necessarily a bad thing that they go under the radar.

Offline Rider

• Ur-Quan Lord
    • View Profile
    • Cubicle Webcomic
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2008, 12:06:24 pm »
*votes for good measure*

Guess that solves that mystery...
You wish you had a signature like mine

Offline Eth

• ZFP Peace Corps
  • Ur-Quan Lord
  • an animal on a stick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2008, 12:46:33 am »
  Yompin yiminy!  I finally clicked on the link.  Wow, a whole parallel SC fandom that I knew nothing about.  Amazing!  And prolific!  I feel like we haven't really paid much attention to SC here in years; I almost feel guilty. 

Listened to the Japanese voices.  The little blue Zoq (Fot?) is so cute!  I really like Fwiffo and the Utwig, too. 

WTF?  Why is Admiral ZEX a human in a lot of these pictures.  Old Man Eth = So confused. 

Offline Alana

• Hunam
  • deviant schoolgirl on speed <3
    • View Profile
    • The New Alliance of Free Stars : A SC2 RP
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2008, 06:32:07 am »
  Yompin yiminy!  I finally clicked on the link.  Wow, a whole parallel SC fandom that I knew nothing about.  Amazing!  And prolific!  I feel like we haven't really paid much attention to SC here in years; I almost feel guilty. 

Listened to the Japanese voices.  The little blue Zoq (Fot?) is so cute!  I really like Fwiffo and the Utwig, too. 

WTF?  Why is Admiral ZEX a human in a lot of these pictures.  Old Man Eth = So confused. 
Hahaha. No need to feel guilty. XD We're insanely prolific, I've never been in a fandom that had such high productivity for so few members.

I always assumed the one in the back was the Fot.  ;D

Human!ZEX is because some of us are insane about AUs 1. one of our beloved members had a dream that all the SC2 aliens got turned human, and we ran with it, or 2. a few of us play in a pan-fandom RP where non-humans get turned into humans, and everyone is told everything they've ever known is a delusion cooked up by their ill minds, but don't worry dear, we're here to help you get better, and don't mind the Silent Hill-esque nighttimes! The latter is characterized by the Captain wielding a skillet of +5 Flail and lots of smiley-face shirts. :B
Proud to have a "very special fondness" for Admiral ZEX
<3

Offline Lukipela

• ZFP Peace Corps
  • Ur-Quan Lord
  • The Ancient One
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2008, 07:10:02 am »
Shiver: I suppose you're right. When I started doing posts I was going to do some fairly off-topic ones as well and since I have to do polls anyway I figured it'd be a good way to grade them. No one of those have worked out yet though, although one is getting close to fruition. Still, I suspect that if someone doesn't like it they'll say so, rendering the poll pretty pointless anyhow.

ETth: I'm glad you got around to clicking the link this topic is all about old man. And you should be scared by what you see, if you haven't already become tainted.

Alana: I think it's a good thing you have your own place. I think you'd give a few of our members heart attacks if all that was posted here (And FreakyM would start stalking you).

Offline Eth

• ZFP Peace Corps
  • Ur-Quan Lord
  • an animal on a stick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2008, 08:54:37 am »
ETth: I'm glad you got around to clicking the link this topic is all about old man. And you should be scared by what you see, if you haven't already become tainted.

Yeah, I do a lot of surfing at work, and I figured that a slashfic site would be NSFW.  I suppose I'm a LITTLE scared, but mostly delighted that there are active and interested fans that have, ahem, a VERY different take on SC than a lot of us do here.  I suppose I'm pretty tainted, too.   :P

Offline FreakyM

• Ur-Quan Lord
  • GENOCIDE CUTTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2008, 09:47:37 am »
Hmmh, some of these voices were really nice, in my opinion. Particularly the Druuge, ZFP, and the Kohr-Ah.
The Controversial Subject lives on.