Author Topic: Works in progress  (Read 1657 times)

Offline Rider

• Ur-Quan Lord
    • View Profile
    • Cubicle Webcomic
Works in progress
« on: May 03, 2008, 02:54:03 am »
What are you currently working on? Any projects on the way? Job stuff? Talk about your own works in progress here!

I myself am currently working on 2 mayor things. One of them is my band, Varbag. We've been invited to play a gig at my mom's birthday May 27th so we've been working on the one song we already have getting it in a fit state to be played.

The band's current formation has only existed for a month or so, so there's a lot to do but I'm confident we can pull off a decent show by then!

--

Something else I've been working on is getting the hang of C++. Now I've been doing that for some months now (on and off, with more on's as of late) and I've started a project to get the hang of SDL, the Simple Directmedia Layer. I'm going to be making a fun top-down RPG that breaks the mold of common RPGs by having non-grinding combat and puzzle elements. For the purpose of keeping myself motivated (and any friends informed about the progress) I've set up a Blog for it, and any other game projects I might be doing.

Seeing how most of these will be "Backyard game development" I've decided to call myself Backyard Interactive and release everything under this name.

--

So that's what I'm up to lately. How about yourselves?
You wish you had a signature like mine

Offline Dabir

• Talking Pet
    • View Profile
Re: Works in progress
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 04:30:30 am »
Trying to find a quiet place around school to do voice acting for Untherapy Green. It's not as easy as you might think.

Offline Sage

• Talking Pet
  • Hurm
    • View Profile
    • An Infintesimal Speck on an Inconsequential Shard of the Metaverse
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 09:49:20 am »
Lately I find myself scrawling my various, random thoughts into a wiki I set up a few months ago. Eventually some of the main story will have to go in there, but for right now the wiki is a collection of articles about, among other things,  Life, The Universe, and Everything.

Offline Eth

• ZFP Peace Corps
  • Ur-Quan Lord
  • ½ an animal on a stick!
    • View Profile
    • Famous Battles of the Ur-Quan Conflict
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 09:56:14 am »
  I'm working on a music video for a song called "Ultrafoot," animated in Flash. 

I'm also working on new episodes of "Ruby Rocket, Private Detective," which is très hilarious.  This is also in flash, though the techniques used are pretty traditional.  I didn't work on the pilot that I linked to, but I'll be working on subsequent episodes. 

Also also, I'm working on a project called "Exit, Cage Left," which is a completely traditional, hand-drawn cartoon.  (No link yet, I'm afraid.  You'll just have to wait.)

Blimey!  I'm busy!

Valaggar Redux

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 09:58:18 am »
Well, I'm helping Nicholai with the dialogue of a certain race for his mod... I've also been planning to take a second race, and I have two options in my head, and I'm not sure which one, if any, I'm going to take. Either way, he said he loved the dialogue I wrote so far for the first race.

Offline Dabir

• Talking Pet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 11:06:09 am »
Yes, I'll have to look into seeing if I can contribute to that mod.

Offline Lukipela

• ZFP Peace Corps
  • Ur-Quan Lord
  • The Ancient One
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 09:52:58 am »
Well, I'm helping Nicholai with the dialogue of a certain race for his mod... I've also been planning to take a second race, and I have two options in my head, and I'm not sure which one, if any, I'm going to take. Either way, he said he loved the dialogue I wrote so far for the first race.

That's what I should be doing, but work is murder and I've got horrible discipline. Thanks for reminding me though, I'll have to get back on the wagon.
Round and round it goes, where it stops nobody knows