Author Topic: What a waste!!  (Read 1509 times)

Offline Rider

• Ur-Quan Lord
    • View Profile
    • Cubicle Webcomic
What a waste!!
« on: February 19, 2008, 10:22:37 am »
Hmm, according to the forum software my total time logged in is:

4 days, 1 hours and 12 minutes.

Did I really waste that much of my life with reading rants, debating futilities and being a postwh0re?

Guess I did...
You wish you had a signature like mine

Offline Lukipela

• ZFP Peace Corps
  • Ur-Quan Lord
  • The Ancient One
    • View Profile
Re: What a waste!!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 10:29:04 am »
Don't trust the forum timekeeping, it's all wonky. I think it only counts time you're actually doing something. For example, my time is:

12d 11h 57m

However, during the summer I'd often leave the computer on when at work, and all through the night, with my browser on and loggged into the forum. If it counted the idle time, I'd have a much higher number, that there is hardly a week of usage last summer
Round and round it goes, where it stops nobody knows

Valaggar Redux

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 10:31:28 am »
Exactly as Luki said. I sometimes leave the browser open at this forum to increase my Total Time Logged In, just for laughs (yes I'm a cheater), but there's the following bug:
If you keep it open for more than an hour, when you refresh, the hour+something you have just spent on the forum are completely gone. You need to refresh often, and log out and in again after an hour (actually I'm not sure if it's exactly an hour, might be more).

Offline Lukipela

• ZFP Peace Corps
  • Ur-Quan Lord
  • The Ancient One
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 10:34:12 am »
Exactly as Luki said. I sometimes leave the browser open at this forum to increase my Total Time Logged In, just for laughs (yes I'm a cheater), but there's the following bug:
If you keep it open for more than an hour, when you refresh, the hour+something you have just spent on the forum are completely gone. You need to refresh often, and log out and in again after an hour (actually I'm not sure if it's exactly an hour, might be more).

I'm glad someone else can confirm this, it seems odd. Also, don't feel bad. I used to leave it open to catch up to Sedodes :) Maybe the forum is teaching us an important lesson...
Round and round it goes, where it stops nobody knows

Offline Sage

• Talking Pet
  • Hurm
    • View Profile
    • An Infintesimal Speck on an Inconsequential Shard of the Metaverse
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 11:18:56 am »
Currently at 3 days, 20 hours and 57 minutes.

Yeah, it would only reasonably capture some fixed amount of time (say, a minute) after you did something within the forum. I guess in my case since I'm largely in "lurker" mode my ratio of writing posts to anything else is much higher. Now, if you kludged something together that would cause the forum page to refresh once a minute, then you could really rack up the time!

Offline FreakyM

• Ur-Quan Lord
  • GENOCIDE CUTTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 07:59:27 pm »
2 days, 18 hours and 8 minutes.
Sounds just about right.
The Controversial Subject lives on.

Offline Scott_Irving

• ZFP Peace Corps
  • Ur-Quan Lord