Author Topic: Where are you heading?  (Read 32356 times)

Offline Bleeding Star

• Ur-Quan Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Where are you heading?
« Reply #105 on: August 31, 2009, 04:28:19 am »
Rider said:

Wacken was awesome!!

We got to interview a bunch of cool bands, among which GWAR, which was pretty cool, and the band that ended up winning the Wacken Metal Battle. We seem to have a sixth sense for that kind of thing. On top of official business, the festival was great, the atmosphere awesome and the bands stunning. Most notably Heaven & Hell and Doro.

I'm pooped now, and off to bed.

Glad you enjoyed it. Is this music journalism stuff something you see as a career, or do you just do it for love of music? Despite my metal ignorance I have heard of GWAR, so it seems you got to rub shoulders with some big shots. Anything else on the calendar?

Offline Rider

• Ur-Quan Lord
    • View Profile
    • Cubicle Webcomic
« Reply #106 on: September 01, 2009, 01:48:25 am »
Well it's a great way to talk to people in the industry, and that's pretty cool, but I mostly do it because I love the whole scene. I don't know, or rather... don't think, that I will make my job out of journalism, since it's the music I love :)

Yeah we've got another gig coming up with our band, and some others in the works. We're also still trying to get a Demo together but we're all too picky so that might take a little while longer. Our drummer has his own studio so we have the liberty to take forever.
You wish you had a signature like mine

Offline Rider

• Ur-Quan Lord
    • View Profile
    • Cubicle Webcomic
« Reply #107 on: November 10, 2009, 04:25:53 pm »
Well, not quite forever it seems. We've just released the Demo and you can check out one of the songs on the myspace page.

It's only going to get better now!
You wish you had a signature like mine

Offline Alen

• Ur-Quan Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 10, 2009, 06:47:17 pm »
Sounds pretty sick Rider, good job!
And that's all I got to say about that.

Offline Sedodes

• Ur-Quan Lord
  • Ironic self-hating narcissist superhero!
    • View Profile
    • Clickity
Finally heading somewhere!
« Reply #109 on: November 13, 2009, 01:15:22 pm »
Well, I've finally got a direction in my life that I'm passionate about.  The primal force of creation itself has guided my hand toward writing.  I'm on a short break from work right now so I don't have time to go into it, but I'll update later as time allows.
In a world where one man could change the world,
One man changed the world!

WORLD CHANGER: CHANGER OF WORLDS

The day the world changed
Will be known as the day that changed the world

SPRING 2010

Offline Alen

• Ur-Quan Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 13, 2009, 02:21:08 pm »
I'd think you'd be a good writer Sedodes, your good with words.

Offline Nuclear

• Ur-Quan Lord
  • "Da Da Da, Da Da, Da!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 13, 2009, 03:31:37 pm »
He's good at manipulating people WITH words :) .
Lever1: Hey, I want too push the button
Lever2: No! I want too!
Lever3: Stop whining you two!
Button: Hey Lever 3, can we switch jobs? I'm getting bored of pushing the button....
Lever3: Sweet!
Lever1/2: awww no fair!

Offline Eth

• ZFP Peace Corps
  • Ur-Quan Lord
  • an animal on a stick!
    • View Profile
    • Famous Battles of the Ur-Quan Conflict
Re: Finally heading somewhere!
« Reply #112 on: November 14, 2009, 12:43:01 am »
Well, I've finally got a direction in my life that I'm passionate about.  The primal force of creation itself has guided my hand toward writing.  I'm on a short break from work right now so I don't have time to go into it, but I'll update later as time allows.

I'd love to hear about it. 

As for me, my cousin and I are collaborating on a cell phone game.  We'll see if that goes anywhere.  He's doing the game design and coding, and I'm doing the art, animation and sound effects. 

Offline Alen

• Ur-Quan Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 14, 2009, 10:19:33 am »
Cell phone games can make a killing, same with I pod apps. I remember this story of two people making a fart button app on the I pod and they made millions of dollars.

Offline Lukipela

• ZFP Peace Corps
  • Ur-Quan Lord
  • The Ancient One
    • View Profile
Re: Finally heading somewhere!
« Reply #114 on: November 15, 2009, 03:52:36 am »

As I recall, you had several half-finished novels a few years back. Are you finishing up these, or is it a new project?

As for myself, I'm breaking my back working in a foreign country. It's great fun and all, but very time consuming. Thankfully Christmas is coming up and I'll get to go home and celebrate. I'm slightly worried about getting more and more experience with oil, it seems immoral on some level. But hopefully it'll lead me into other parts of the energy sector eventually.
Round and round it goes, where it stops nobody knows

Offline Draxas

• *Happy Camper*
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 16, 2009, 09:24:48 am »
Come Nov. 1st, wherever married life takes me. Already that means I've gone from New Jersey to Pennsylvania. Perhaps going other places is in the future, though our current plans have us staying put for a while.

Oh hey, look. I've arrived!

Everyone said before that being married changes your relationship. I haven't felt any of that yet (probably because we don't want kids immediately), it seems pretty much the same as before. It did give us an excellent excuse to spend 11 days in the tropics, though! ;D

Offline Alen

• Ur-Quan Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 16, 2009, 12:03:22 pm »
Always fun Draxis, any excuse to vacate for abit.  :D

Offline Sedodes

• Ur-Quan Lord
  • Ironic self-hating narcissist superhero!
    • View Profile
    • Clickity
« Reply #117 on: November 17, 2009, 11:35:09 am »
Everyone said before that being married changes your relationship. I haven't felt any of that yet (probably because we don't want kids immediately), it seems pretty much the same as before. It did give us an excellent excuse to spend 11 days in the tropics, though! ;D

Give it time.  The problem is that women expect men to change, and men expect women not to.  Seems funny now, right?  Just wait... I said this same thing to my wife when we met.  She laughed.  Now when I remind her she gets pissed off that I've proven to be as insightful as I claim.

Men and women tend to have a "dog and cat" personality difference which eventually manifests - this is why women have a tendency to "dish it out but not take it" when it comes to such things as sarcasm.  Not surprisingly, the cat doesn't like the "dopey" dog to be right.  Some men will play along so as to make things proceed with ease; others (such as yours truly) will remind the cat of all the times it got its tail caught beneath the rocking chair.  Women hate a kick to the ego as much as men hate leaving something unresolved.

It all depends on how much conflict is tolerable/desired in the relationship.  The wife and I feel that none or too little leads to stagnation, so we're content with smashing our thick heads against each other until one of us calms down enough to realize we're simply giving ourselves a headache.  Essentially, we tend to disagree until one of us gets sick of it - in our relationship compromise is merely the process by which BOTH people feel they've "lost".
In a world where one man could change the world,
One man changed the world!

WORLD CHANGER: CHANGER OF WORLDS

The day the world changed
Will be known as the day that changed the world

SPRING 2010

Offline Alen

• Ur-Quan Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 17, 2009, 11:51:56 am »
And no one can ask for any more that that Sedodes...  ;)

Offline Draxas

• *Happy Camper*
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 17, 2009, 02:14:47 pm »
Eh, Sedodes' relationship doesn't sound any more or less healthy than most of the other couples I know. Some of the happiest couples I know seemingly spend 90% of the time either snarking or screaming at each other, oddly enough.