Author Topic: Board Posting Policy  (Read 5657 times)

Offline Chad

• Evil One
  • Ur-Quan Lord
  • PNF Webmaster
    • View Profile
    • The Pages of Now and Forever
Board Posting Policy
« on: March 06, 2003, 05:19:18 am »
I've gotten off my butt and created a board posting policy.  Most of it should be common sense and this is what the moderators should be enforcing as well as living by themselves.

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~starcontrol/board/policy.shtml

Any problems or questions, post them here.  This isn't meant to stifle discussion or fun, but merely to lay it out for those rare people that need it spelled out word by word :-*

Oh yeah, this link is also at the top of almost every page with the current date and your name.  So no "oh I didn't see that link" *nonsense* :)
"...Dogar And Kazon Clack Their Mandibles Against One Another And Snicker With Amusement."

Offline HappyHamster

• Hunam
  • The Space Hamster found on many planets in SC2
    • View Profile
Re: Board Posting Policy
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2003, 09:39:25 pm »
Aww, my fun has been stifled!!!

:)

So basically behave like normal hunam beings, and we're ok?
"You will soon die. Make whatever rituals are necessary for your species." - Ur-Quan Kohr-Ah
GameFAQS ID:  HappyHamster

Offline Lukipela

• ZFP Peace Corps
  • Ur-Quan Lord
  • The Ancient One
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2003, 10:31:04 pm »
All except for me, cause I haven't see nanything about a board posting policy.

I'll just keep on being horrible to anyone  ;)
Round and round it goes, where it stops nobody knows

timothy spencer

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2003, 11:56:09 am »
someone find me pc sc3 please. Icant find it anywheres.         yetimoth@aol.com       thanks

Offline Eth

• ZFP Peace Corps
  • Ur-Quan Lord
  • an animal on a stick!
    • View Profile
    • Famous Battles of the Ur-Quan Conflict
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2003, 01:45:41 pm »
  Chad, is there any way you could change the censorship thing so instead of changing shit to nuts, it changes shit to sh*t, or s***, or something?  Somehow I find it extremely irritating when my words are changed to a completely different word, whereas when my words are merely partially obscured I am merely bemused.  Also, the censor isn't case sensitive, so it you say shit at the beginning of the sentance, it changes it to nuts with a lower-case "n", causing me to look more stupid than usual.  Thanks.  

Viropher

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2003, 11:21:14 pm »
I agree.

Offline Chad

• Evil One
  • Ur-Quan Lord
  • PNF Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2003, 01:45:08 am »
Somehow I find it extremely irritating when my words are changed to a completely different word, whereas when my words are merely partially obscured I am merely bemused.

Some of these words it censors are not so bad, but most of them are censored because they incite hatred and flaming.  Those, will remain censored.

I've changed the couple you complained about, as with a previous word, they aren't that bad (are not racial or flame words)

And look, I'll change words on a case-by-case, preferrable if you Private Message me with your case.  BUT, I am not going to sit here and use my valuable time and change all the words OR turn off the censor feature.

I mean, if you can't talk here in a civil and somewhat "clean" tone, what's the point?  But I agree, shit and damn are just about every day words for most people.  At least in their "heads/minds".  :-/

My final word on this is that there is a lot better things for me and for you to be doing than cursing up a storm, using flame words and for worrying about 10 stupid words getting censored on a VERY small and niche discussion board.  :P
"...Dogar And Kazon Clack Their Mandibles Against One Another And Snicker With Amusement."

Offline Eth

• ZFP Peace Corps
  • Ur-Quan Lord
  • an animal on a stick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2003, 12:59:56 pm »
  Okay, sorry to have taken up your valuable time with this trivial matter.   :-/  Thanks.   :)

Offline Phosis

• Hunam
  • Ex Infernis
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2003, 12:46:20 pm »
Though the question had nothing to do with the policy...the answer to your question of finding SC3 is a site called www.the-underdogs.org   keep in mind, it is NOT a warez site. It is an abandonware site, meaning it is legal to download this stuff.
Hurrah!

Offline Chad

• Evil One
  • Ur-Quan Lord
  • PNF Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2003, 02:43:22 pm »
WELCOME Phosis!  ;D

It is an abandonware site, meaning it is legal to download this stuff.

Technically, you are wrong...
http://www.abandonwarering.com/?Page=FAQ#1B

Doesn't mean that a lot of people don't do it and people get away with it, but technically it is illegal and you are breaking laws.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2003, 02:43:59 pm by Chad »

Offline Phosis

• Hunam
  • Ex Infernis
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2003, 03:17:28 pm »
oops! O_o;   Btw, a bit more about me...I have been a starcon fan since I was like 7...when I had starcon 1 for Geni. I heard about starcon 2 when it came out for 3do, and was hooked....just 2, 3 years ago, I found it for PC, and struggled to get it to work...and now here I am. I woked at the Ecco the dolphin community for a long while, as site administrator assistant, and forum Moderator...so I am familiar with forum policies, etc. I was also the chat Moderator for our IRC server...I did this all for a year, but left, because of the instability of my admin. My original intentions were directed here...I reallly wanted to work at a starcon fansite. But when I was offered a job over there, well, my time was occupied. I am happy to finally be a user here...if you need help of any kind concerning site moderation, etc, I am free a helluva lot, and have a lot of experience dealing with that kinda thing.

Just letting you know, incase you need anyone in the future  ;)

Other than that, I am happy to be here! Starcon rules, etc.

The old site I worked at was www.arkonviox.com  so you can see what was going on.
Hurrah!

Viropher

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2003, 04:18:04 am »
Ah, new blood for my Disrevlante Off Topic Board.

Yes, that's right - I have claimed it as my own. My forces have already seized all banks, post offices, train stations, government buildings and telephone exchanges.

Offline Eth

• ZFP Peace Corps
  • Ur-Quan Lord
  • an animal on a stick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2005, 07:51:36 pm »
  Sorry to resurrect this extremely old thread, but I thought that we all should take a look at it.  I've seen a lot of problems with violations of some of these rules:

4. No posting other user's "real world" information without their permission. This includes registered as well as unregistered users.

9. Speak to each other in a mature, civil and respectful manner.

11. Keep interjections, humorous or otherwise, to a minimum. Yes, we all do it, but it should not become the new topic of conversation. If it warrants it, start a new thread.

12. No Personal attacks will be tolerated of any kind.

14. Posts that flame individuals, either by name or inference, will not be tolerated.

18. If you are here just to be confrontational you will be forced to leave, losing your posting privileges.

24. By registering and logging, you agree to and have accepted the above rules. Please remember, it is a privilege granted to you to post on this board; do not abuse it.

Play nice, kids. 

Offline Lukipela

• ZFP Peace Corps
  • Ur-Quan Lord
  • The Ancient One
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2005, 02:03:40 am »
Dangit Eth, this made me think Chad was back once more... I was so excited, and now I'm just sad.
Round and round it goes, where it stops nobody knows

Offline Scott_Irving

• ZFP Peace Corps
  • Ur-Quan Lord
  • XR Webmaster / PNF Deputy
    • View Profile
    • XR: The Movie Project
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2005, 04:15:50 pm »
indeed me to... lol,, i though the topic looked like something old...
On more sad news, Ive lost a bunch of the 3d models ive spent so long working on for XR
it would appear ive lost the earthling models, all of them including my very cool looking earthling fighter.... among other ive lost my ur-quan model to... i think it's backed up on floppy but course after moving out on my own... i can't find it =(. I think it's time to setup a raid array...

I guess Ill just have to start over but i know what im doing now so.....
I might switch to Maya anyway.. supposed to be much more powerful then 3d studio max...
who knows..