Author Topic: Space Empires IV Gold -- Star Control II Mod  (Read 3441 times)

Offline John_McKraken

• Hunam
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Space Empires IV Gold -- Star Control II Mod
« on: March 03, 2003, 01:26:16 pm »
Hey everyone.  I have loved Star Control II and the Star Control universe ever since I started playing Star Control when I was a young boy on my Sega Genesis.  However it was Star Control II that really got me hooked.  I have been hoping for a sequel by the orignal creators ever since I finished Star Control II.  Maybe that will happen someday.  

But the reason I have decided to come out of hiding and post today is to ask if anyone knows about a good Star Control II mod for the turn based strategy game called Space Empires IV Gold.  I have had very little luck finding one and would be willing to create one if I can not.  So my second question is would anyone be willing to help out on such a project?  Please let me know.  Take care everyone and lets hope for a bright future for the Star Control universe!  :)  

John Phillips
captn1i@insightbb.com
« Last Edit: March 03, 2003, 06:35:11 pm by John_McKraken »

Offline Chad

• Evil One
  • Ur-Quan Lord
  • PNF Webmaster
    • View Profile
    • The Pages of Now and Forever
Re: Space Empires IV Gold -- Star Control II Mod
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2003, 01:42:49 am »
Thats a fairly new game right?  I'd be willing to check out something like that if it was available  ;)

What kind of help do you need?  Generally, I'm not available as I spend enough time keeping this site maintainted  :-/
"...Dogar And Kazon Clack Their Mandibles Against One Another And Snicker With Amusement."

Offline Scott_Irving

• ZFP Peace Corps
  • Ur-Quan Lord
  • XR Webmaster / PNF Deputy
    • View Profile
    • XR: The Movie Project
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2003, 12:35:33 pm »
Space Empires... awsome game! it's modable?????
Id certainly help with that, mostly limited to graphics mind you, but i could help in other areas to a limited degree, due to the fact that im busy with the XR projects.

John Phillips

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2003, 02:25:33 pm »
Actually graphics are where I could use the most help!  :)  Please let me know what kind of stuff you can do.  I guess if you do original art what I would need is more ship designs for each race.  Like some different Ur-Quan ship designs for the different ships classes in the game.  Send me and e-mail and we can talk about it some more.  I am excited to get this mod going.  :)  Take care.

John Phillips

Offline Scott_Irving

• ZFP Peace Corps
  • Ur-Quan Lord
  • XR Webmaster / PNF Deputy
    • View Profile
    • XR: The Movie Project
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2003, 12:41:03 pm »
Just so yee all know work is proceeding on this mod! we hope to have a site up soon where we will start posting files from the mod =)

Also the mod will be semi-compatible with the demo version! =) though the demo is limited to 100 turns...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2003, 12:41:41 pm by Scott_Irving »