Star Control Discussion Board

All About Star Control
It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:03 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Star Control: Origins E3 trailer and PC Gamer Show Interview
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:37 pm 
ZEXy Beast

Director of Production Patrick Shaw was in L.A. yesterday to reveal the new Star Control: Origins trailer, official release date and never before seen gameplay at the PC Gaming Show! :)

PC Gaming Show:
https://youtu.be/5j0NKjLBQ7Y

E3 trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-EnCjcxsJE

Post subject: Re: Star Control: Origins E3 trailer and PC Gamer Show Inter
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:17 pm 
Ilwrath spawn

Somehow I'm losing interest in Origins the more they publish....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:57 pm 
Silly Supox

Given that Star**ck is actively trying to screw over Fred and Paul, I would NEVER buy any of their stuff, like... ever.

You know, I never particularly liked the 'publisher' model. I honestly never overtly liked capitalism (which sadly most people can't even tell apart from the concept of trade) to begin with... but I -really- don't like how publishers generally just decide what gets published whilst basically contractually stealing creators ideas. Sell your idea's or no one will ever get to see them. HATE that model. Basically it's legalized intellectual property theft in my book. And I'm glad the internet is a medium that finally seriously challenges that crap.

Now I like that Fred and Paul managed to keep their creations, and now some corporate little jerk is trying to legally screw them out of it!

Given this sort of stuff is already a HUGE pet peeve of mine, I think they pretty much fixed my setting in regards to Star**ck on ABHOR.

In fact... I'll be sure when this game comes out to take a close look on youtube, so I can write a review to properly tear it to shreds.

Honestly the only thing that Star**ck can do that'd cause ME to stop despising them is to simply GIVE what little of Star Control they do own back to F and P and to fire that Brad Wardell asshole.

Otherwise screw Origins.

Whilst I was never overtly interested in a non F&P Star Control to begin with (Whereas I actually would have LIKED a non-Star Control game in the SPIRIT of Star Control, so buying the title sure won Star**ck no favours with me to begin with.), I really hate Star**ck now.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:43 am 
Ilwrath spawn

You do realise that Brad Wardell will never be fired by Stardock, as he is the owner?

Not a fan of how it went either, and extremely sad at the way things are presented in the papers as published, espcially the settlement demands by Stardock.

Likely I'll get a discount version of Origins after I bought UQM2: GotP anyway, but my current situation is such I would not find the time to play anyway....

So, I'll be awaiting the outcomes of settlement and court someday, and consequently how it'll all play out after that.
Snd if Stardock becmes successful in preventing a sequel to the story by FF and PR3, I won't buy Origins (or any other module for their engine) either.

I've been waiting patiently to find out what the MarkII is, why the colour of the bridge changes,..., and I can wait longer....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:16 am 
*squeezing* *juice*!!!

Meh, it got F&P to get off their butt and build something. So I'm fine with the status quo.