Sequels strife

Ahh, vague omens and mysterious portents. Tangled webs of fate intertwined with the branches of destiny, blown by the capricious winds of happenstance. News, news....uh, actually there is some news!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

User avatar
Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth
Posts: 1291
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:09 am
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Re: Sequels strife

Post by Draxas » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:25 pm

This looks more like a doubling down on his claims to the IP. That does not bode well for settling this suit out of court.

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:02 am
Location: Laval, Canada

Re: Sequels strife

Post by glory_device » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:03 pm

Draxas, did you had any remaining hope of a out of court settlement?
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo

User avatar
Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper
Posts: 2035
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:12 am
Location: Israel

Re: Sequels strife

Post by Alvarin » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:28 am

To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.

User avatar
Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth
Posts: 1291
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:09 am
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Re: Sequels strife

Post by Draxas » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:14 pm

glory_device wrote:Draxas, did you had any remaining hope of a out of court settlement?
I would have liked to think so. Even though Stardock's first settlement salvo was completely unreasonable, lawyers are supposed to be able to negotiate those terms down to a more agreeable compromise. It could have wrapped this up faster and (one could hope) in a mutually beneficial way. Now, it looks like we have years of court battles to look forward to. As I've said before, the likely intent is to try to bleed Fred and Paul dry by dragging things out as long as possible, until they have no choice but to settle at a disadvantage. Bad news for everyone, really.

Elestan
Hunam adventurer
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:28 pm

Re: Sequels strife

Post by Elestan » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:59 am

Draxas wrote:...the likely intent is to try to bleed Fred and Paul dry by dragging things out as long as possible, until they have no choice but to settle at a disadvantage.
Well, someone is pledging a match for all donations to P&F's defense fund between now and Saturday, so this would seem to be the right time to donate (and spread the word).

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:02 am
Location: Laval, Canada

Re: Sequels strife

Post by glory_device » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:04 am

Draxas wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:14 pm
glory_device wrote:Draxas, did you had any remaining hope of a out of court settlement?
I would have liked to think so. Even though Stardock's first settlement salvo was completely unreasonable, lawyers are supposed to be able to negotiate those terms down to a more agreeable compromise. It could have wrapped this up faster and (one could hope) in a mutually beneficial way. Now, it looks like we have years of court battles to look forward to. As I've said before, the likely intent is to try to bleed Fred and Paul dry by dragging things out as long as possible, until they have no choice but to settle at a disadvantage. Bad news for everyone, really.
I might have become cynical over the years...I understand completely your point and it is really sound indeed! However, I didn't feed much hope on that scenario :(
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo

User avatar
Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper
Posts: 2035
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:12 am
Location: Israel

Re: Sequels strife

Post by Alvarin » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:28 pm

Part 3 of lawsuit explanation, including comments from both sides of the issue. Also - solution proposal.

To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.

Post Reply