Sequels strife

Ahh, vague omens and mysterious portents. Tangled webs of fate intertwined with the branches of destiny, blown by the capricious winds of happenstance. News, news....uh, actually there is some news!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Shiver
Arilou wiseguy

Re: Sequels strife

Post by Shiver » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:49 am

vok3 wrote:Something I've been wondering about. Given that Brad has apparently decided this is a hostile environment, what are the odds of Stardock deciding that "star-control.com" is using their Star Control trademark without permission and benefiting thereby and taking legal action to gain control of the domain?
PoNaF is kind of a sleepy forum. I don't think I'd miss it too much if it went under. That would get cool cats like Eth and Bleeding Star to migrate to other forums. But then again, I started at UQMF, not here.

If you want to see some hostile territory for Stardock, take a look at r/starcontrol.

krulle
Ilwrath spawn

Post by krulle » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:04 pm

PoNaF mght just move to an URL like ponaf.com, or so.

chenjesuwizard
Malfunctioning M:bot

Post by chenjesuwizard » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:42 am

Shiver wrote:
vok3 wrote:Something I've been wondering about. Given that Brad has apparently decided this is a hostile environment, what are the odds of Stardock deciding that "star-control.com" is using their Star Control trademark without permission and benefiting thereby and taking legal action to gain control of the domain?
PoNaF is kind of a sleepy forum. I don't think I'd miss it too much if it went under. That would get cool cats like Eth and Bleeding Star to migrate to other forums. But then again, I started at UQMF, not here.

If you want to see some hostile territory for Stardock, take a look at r/starcontrol.
I think for people like me, who have been here, and only here, for 10 years come June (which is a stupid amount of time, but nothing in comparison to some of you oldies), losing this place would be quite sad. Obviously, I'm not a very regular poster or anything, but 10 years is alot of time to be somewhere, and it would be upsetting to lose it.
I very much doubt I would move to UQMF, just because I don't spend enough time on here for it to actually move somewhere else, and because I come back from time to time purely because of some weird loyalty I have specifically to this place.

Mormont
Hunam adventurer

Post by Mormont » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:25 am

It may be slow nowadays, but this is still the oldest SC site still (somewhat) active. Losing it would be a real blow to the fandom. I'm pretty sure the PNF is safe, though.

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:54 pm

Interesting watching:

Video about legal issues as discussed in this topic.

Edited by Alvarin
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo

krulle
Ilwrath spawn

Post by krulle » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:26 pm

video not found, also link itself not working [tag only works for http, not for https].
Furthermore lacking info of what to expect in this video....

edit:
Okay, link hat to be copied with https and www.... weird youtube...

Why can't people just give a written thing, instead of making videos and podcasts. Cannot listen long to someone talking and talking and talking....

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer

Post by glory_device » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:01 pm

krulle wrote:
Why can't people just give a written thing, instead of making videos and podcasts. Cannot listen long to someone talking and talking and talking....
Can't blame you on that one! :lol:
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:37 pm

A second part of video summary posted above.
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.

2-23-6
*squeezing* *juice*!!!

Post by 2-23-6 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:14 am

If something were to happen to PNF, I would step in and figure out a way to let it continue living.

Dyandod
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Dyandod » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:52 am

KYAAAAAIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!