About to try to beat Star Control 2...no spoilers!

This is the place to talk about all things Star Control.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

Re: About to try to beat Star Control 2...no spoilers!

Post by Draxas » Thu May 02, 2019 4:56 pm

The Troglodyte wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 12:55 am
I don’t follow. Here’s all of the dialogue I’ve recorded from the Kohr-Ah thus far, and I’ve never seen them use the word “annihilate” (or weird misspellings of it) even once:

(snicker-snack for space)
All will become clear in time. Let's just leave it at that.

I don't even know why I would leave a spoiler here. Trog is likely quite literally the only person on the forum who doesn't get this reference.

Also, Krulle, have a great big sigh of exasperation in your direction for that "explanation."

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Thu May 09, 2019 12:18 am

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Captain’s Log – Mar 3, 2158 – Zeta Hyades VI-b – Red Alert

We’ve got 5 Druuge Mauler warships blocking our way to the surface of Zeta Hyades VI-b, and we’ve spoken with the Druuge to find out what they’re up to, and they said they’ve have traveled all the way out here to redeem what they believe is rightfully theirs; that of course being the Utwig Bomb on the surface.

They told us how it was they who originally brought the Utwig the Ultron device years ago, hoping that they could use it to trade for the bomb. Then came some Utwig proctor impersonation, whereas the Druuge captain approximated the proctor’s whiny voice, asking if the Ultron would give them the powers they crave, and the Druuge basically said ‘Sure, whatever. Yeah, it’ll give you psychic powers and make all of your wildest dreams come true!’ I mean seriously, the Druuge would’ve told them the Ultron would predict lottery numbers, wash dishes, chop wood and bring you your slippers if it would convince the Utwig to make the deal!

However, to help facilitate the final closing, they allowed the top dog Utwig to hold the device, but once the High Proctor touched it, she went into weird convulsions and contorted her body while babbling incoherent nonsense and howling like an ortog in heat! The Druuge had always figured they’d be willing to go for the trade, but this was getting ridiculous, especially since they thought the Utwig were performing some kind of elaborate act, but now I’m not so sure about that. Curious.

Anyway, as the Druuge were about to lay claim to their sought after prize, the Proctor proclaimed the Ultron itself had revealed what the Druuge really wanted, which just so happened to big a big pile of useless junk (but including ironically an Ultron replacement part) What could the Druuge do but accept the offer? It wasn’t as if they could call out the Utwig for not being the certified functional foreseeing artifact the Druuge claimed it was!

The Druuge have demanded that we leave and allow them to proceed to the surface to obtain the device, but we told them the device is ours fair and square! Finders keepers! Well, I guess we’ll just have to have a race to the surface and see once and for all who has the fastest shuttlecraft in the galaxy and mark my words, we shall be victor-- What? There’s not going to be a race? Well then, how do they want to settle this? Like a game of Poker or something? Oh, so they’d rather destroy us instead? Oh… well, that’s different. Guess we’re going to battle stations. Captain out.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him! I’ll chase him ’round the moons of Nibia and ’round the Antares maelstrom and ’round Perdition’s flames before I give him up!” ― Khan Noonien Singh

Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

Post by Draxas » Thu May 09, 2019 5:19 pm

The Troglodyte wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 12:18 am
... which just so happened to big a big pile of useless junk (but including ironically an Ultron replacement part)
Funnily enough, the Druuge describe Wimbli's Trident and the Glowing Rod accurately, but completely omit any mention of the Rosy Sphere in their tirade.

That is because, of course, that the sphere is actually a legitimate and useful artifact that they ascribe real value to. The planet description from the lander team post-death-march for the Druuge homeworld makes this abundantly clear, but you are unlikely to ever see that during this playthrough.

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 » Mon May 13, 2019 3:01 pm

First sentence of that spoiler appears to me to not be a spoiler.

What order is the death march in, again? Druuge THEN Utwig? Or is it Utwig first so there isn't really a point to the sphere by the time it becomes available that way?

krulle
Ilwrath torturer

Post by krulle » Mon May 13, 2019 4:45 pm

Death 999 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 3:01 pm
First sentence of that spoiler appears to me to not be a spoiler.

What order is the death march in, again? Druuge THEN Utwig? Or is it Utwig first so there isn't really a point to the sphere by the time it becomes available that way?
clockwise, First Utwig, then Druuge, iirc
edit: I'm wrong
They start with Druuge, according to wiki.uqm.stack.nl/Death_March, then clockwise to Orz, then up to Thraddash, clockwise to Utwig, then cross to Yehat, lower left corner, Humanity...
slihtly a clockwise spiral....
/edit