About to try to beat Star Control 2...no spoilers!

This is the place to talk about all things Star Control.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Flashy
ZEXy Beast

Re: About to try to beat Star Control 2...no spoilers!

Post by Flashy » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:13 am

The Troglodyte wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:39 am
UTWIG – “We are the stewards of the Bomb. Taunting us buys you nothing. Go now.”
At the DOS version, the Utwig would have said:

"Foolish tricksters! Don't you know the Druuge tried that ploy on us just a few days ago?
You say you have the Ultron, that you wish to return it to us... LIES!
The moment our back is turned, you will sneak down to the surface of this world...
...and deprive us of our destructive device of dignity.
If you truly had our Ultron, repaired to its state of perfection...
...you would surely take it to the Proctors at our homeworld at [sorry, don't want to spoil too much]
Speak no more of this subject."
"...the Beast!?... Escaped!!
No, Sub-Commander, this is impossible. It couldn't escape from our strongest containment system...
...IT'S WHAT?!! Decks five and six?! Eleven Crewmen!!"
-Admiral ZEX, about to get killed by The Beast

EnderSE15
ZEXy Beast

Post by EnderSE15 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:09 pm

The Troglodyte wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:27 pm
a newly christened Scout and Torch; the H.M.S. Chikuma, Captain Wasabe commanding, and the H.M.S. Chariots of Fire, Captain Znork commanding, respectively.
Why does a Texan prefix his ships with HMS?

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:25 am

EnderSE15 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:09 pm
The Troglodyte wrote:
a newly christened Scout and Torch; the H.M.S. Chikuma, Captain Wasabe commanding, and the H.M.S. Chariots of Fire, Captain Znork commanding, respectively.
The former stands for "Heroes in Making" and the latter - "Huge and Mean".
Or just "Human Made".
For technicians which can not believe their eyes at the accomplishment - "Holy Moly - a Ship!"
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.

EnderSE15
ZEXy Beast

Post by EnderSE15 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:50 pm

Alvarin wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:25 am
EnderSE15 wrote:
The Troglodyte wrote:
The former stands for "Heroes in Making" and the latter - "Huge and Mean".
Or just "Human Made".
For technicians which can not believe their eyes at the accomplishment - "Holy Moly - a Ship!"
Should be NAFSS, surely? Or just NAS. In Wing Commander they were all TCS (Terran Confederation Ship) and B5 EAS (Earth Alliance Ship). I always wondered why Star Trek was USS when the United States has long since passed into history.

krulle
Ilwrath torturer

Post by krulle » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:12 am

United Federation of Planets Space Ship.
http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/USS

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:11 am

SEZS - Slave Empire of Zelnick Ship. For the aspiring tyrant.
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:36 am

EnderSE15 wrote:
I decided a good while back that I would refer to all ships in my fleet as "Her Majesty's Ship" but instead of the usual British allegiance, 'her majesty' in this case refers to mother earth, whom I am trying to free. Read back on page 44 for more details on the initiation of this implemented protocol.
“He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him! I’ll chase him ’round the moons of Nibia and ’round the Antares maelstrom and ’round Perdition’s flames before I give him up!” ― Khan Noonien Singh

Stickman_king_28
Silly Supox

Post by Stickman_king_28 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:20 pm

The HMS Vindicator is a vindictive ship capable of vindicating like a true vindicative vindicator.
Soo... What were primitive ur-quan like? I just love to speculate about my favorite slave-master caterpillars. That wheezy voice acting tho
I have legal bulls**t phobia

krulle
Ilwrath torturer

Post by krulle » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:34 am

The Troglodyte wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:36 am
EnderSE15 wrote:
I decided a good while back that I would refer to all ships in my fleet as "Her Majesty's Ship" but instead of the usual British allegiance, 'her majesty' in this case refers to mother earth, whom I am trying to free. Read back on page 44 for more details on the initiation of this implemented protocol.
HMS: Holy Mother's Ship, a ship from Humanity's holy Mother, the planet that gave birth to us, Mother Earth.
Edit: Humanity's Mother's Ship....

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:01 am

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(aboard the Vindicator in the conference room -- all of the officers of the Vindicator and captains from each ship in the fleet are gathered around a large conference table)

Captain Zelnick – “Okay, people… here’s where we’re at: We have got to find the crucial information which will point us in the right direction, so we can finally find the missing piece to the broken Ultron! I have spent the last three weeks reading and re-reading all of my log entries and I still haven’t found anything!”

(the crowd begins mumbling in grumbling while begrudgingly nodding their heads in agreement; everyone that is except for Fwiffo)

Fwiffo – “Huh?”

1st Officer – “Yeah, and ever since you required the rest of the crew to go over your logs until we found the answer… morale is now at an all-time low!”

Thraddash - "Ugh! And all of this reading is giving me a massive headache!"

Umgah – “It reminds me of a joke I heard! What do you get when you cross an elephant with a rhinoceros?”

Thraddash – “Hell if I know!”

Umgah – “Hey! That’s actually right! How did you know that?”

Thraddash – “What? Hey! Why I oughta!!”

(Thraddash draws a huge battle axe and slices the Umgah in half)

Umgah – “Uh… ouch. Now I’m the one with the splitting headache! Har har har!” (the other Umgah half also begins laughing)

Captain Zelnick – “Quiet you two! And you too! We need Ultron answers! NOW!”

Fwiffo – “Hello? What about the Druuge and the Rosy Sphere? Isn’t it obvious?”

(two scantily clad Syreen enter and drape themselves over Zelnick)

Captain Zelnick – “What are you babbling about now Fwiffo?”

(as one Syreen sits in his lap and caresses his chest while the other stand behind him and begins nibbling on his ear)

Captain Zelnick (continues as he raises his arms pretentiously) – “Can’t you see we’re all very busy?”

Fwiffo – “But Captain!”

Captain Zelnick – “Shut-up! What were you about to say Tik?”

Zoq – “I was reviewing one the log entries and I came across this entry made back on March second, twenty-one fifty-eight:”
----------------------------------------------------
Communications Officer – “And here’s one last one, Captain. But, you see, it’s much like the previous one, except more of a brief summary.”

Melnorme – “The Utwig, who live in the Aquarii constellation, have grown very depressed of late. They accidentally broke the supposed ‘Ultron’ sold to them by the felonious Druuge. As a consequence, they are morose and melancholic and will probably be unwilling to help you fight the Ur-Quan. If you wish to gain them as allies, we recommend that you acquire the broken Ultron (as if it EVER worked) and find some suitable replacement parts. Our information indicates that you can find these items in three different places: A Rosy Sphere at the Druuge trade world, an Aqua Helix somewhere in Thraddash space, and a Clear Spindle, which is currently in the possession of the Pkunk. Captain, that was the last current event we have for sale.”

---------------------------------------------------
Captain Zelnick – “Was that supposed to mean something to me?”

Fwiffo – “Wait, what?”

Zoq – “You know, now that you mention it, I haven’t the foggiest idea why I brought that to your attention! It has absolutely nothing to do with anything we could use to fix the broken Ultron! Never mind!”

Fwiffo – “Huh? It has everything to do with it! What the heck is going on here?”

Captain Zelnick – “Well, for starters… we’re all trying to work together to find the answer while you keep interrupting and spouting out rubbish about nonsense! Another suggestion? Yes *FatFun*?”

Fwiffo – “This should be good”

Orz – “I find that problems are difficult. I will tell you again about the many pieces of pertinent evidence I found in the logs. This is a good plan. I have some anticipation and then I’ll show you the inside track. Don’t you agree?”

Fwiffo – “Is it just me or is he sounding a tad bit more comprehensible?”
-------------------------------------------------
The Burvixese race, who had been warned by their neighbors the Gg that the Kohr-Ah were attacking and also had already detected the Druuge, so the Burvixese contacted the Druuge and warned them of the Kohr-Ah threat. To show their twisted sense of gratitude, the Druuge in turn saved themselves from detection by shutting down all of their transmitters and erected a powerful HyperWave Transmitter on the Burvixese moon. The Kohr-Ah were alerted to the signal and annihilated the entire Burvixese race on their homeworld, Arcturus One, in a matter of days. I bet the Burvixese would like a do-over.

The Druuge had learned from the Burvixese (that is, while they were still alive) about a super-bomb the Utwig, who live in the Aquarii Constellation, possessed which they had found on Zeta Hyades Six B. The Druuge tried to make a trade for the bomb by offering the Utwig a device called the Ultron, which they claimed would greatly enrich their lives and alleviate their depression. The Utwig gave an assortment of odds and ends as payment instead, and the Druuge try to sell these trinkets to unwary travelers. Unfortunately, the Utwig accidentally broke the Ultron, which has deepened their depression even moreso, but if we can provide replacement parts, they may help us in our fight against the Ur-Quan. We already have one of them -- that being the Clear Spindle -- but we still need to obtain the Rosy Sphere from the Druuge and the Aqua Helix from the Thraddash.

The aforementioned Thraddash were reported to only respond to force, and the only way to gain their respect and admiration is to demonstrate superior power, so we can pound some appreciation out of them by going to the Draconis and Apodis star systems, with their homeworld being located in Delta Draconis, and they're guarding a relic (quite possibly the Aqua Helix we seek) in the Zeta Draconis System.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Captain Zelnick – “Is that it? I don’t get it.”

Fwiffo (shrugging his shoulder in disbelief) – “I can’t believe this.”

Orz – “Indeed. Those are certainly disappointing conclusions. Oh well. You’re still coming over to my house to help with the party, right? Would you like anything to drink, sir? I brought some oranges and I am about to start squeezing the juice. And remember, Captain, there will be much dancing! But don’t eat too much guacamole or…”

Captain Zelnick – “…or I’ll be squirting colors! Right!”

Orz – “It is too funny! It was only a joke!”

Fwiffo – “Am I going crazy here or is everybody simply missing the obvious evidence that points towards the Druuge and Rosy Sphere?”

Pkunk – “Here’s the rest of the information I researched about the Druuge, Captain. Doing research sucks. By the way, it dates back to June fourteenth, twenty-one fifty-six. Can I go back to bed now? I still have an awful hangover from the last Orz party.”

Captain Zelnick – “Sure! And thanks for the help!”

Pkunk – “Whatever jackass.”

Fwiffo – “A depressed Pkunk. Figures.”
----------------------------------------------------------
We spent the next several days following the Pkunk on their way back towards the Giclas Constellation, and during our conversations I’ve noticed they seem to have some kind of psychic connection with the Clear Spindle the Wise Ones gave us, even though beforehand they believed it be nothing more than a decorative paperweight. They shared a few stories where some of them have had some rather wacky dreams and visions connected with the strange artifact, including one of them reacting strangely while performing something called the “Trance of Plam Prikky,” and this is what she said:

“A Sphere of Rosy Color, a Ball of Red, grasped by the greedy hands of a Foul Race deep in Persei. The sphere waits. In a tiny voice it calls for its two mates. ‘Where are you, where are you, Clear Spindle Thing-a-ma-jig and other thing?’”

I also finally got to hear about the dream that Awkky Birdy had, which he had described as being completely surrounded by females who all wanted to mate with him, and right about the time they were swarming him, he sees the Clear Spindle along with a “blue twisty thing,” all spinning around above his head, and suddenly blurts out “DRACONIS!” during all the excitement.

Of course we are already aware of the three different replacements parts (Clear Spindle, Rosy Sphere and Aqua Helix) needed to repair the Ultron, as well as their possible locations, since we’ve purchased that information from the Melnorme, but it’s interesting nonetheless to see the peculiar manifestations of psychic energy on display in the extraordinary ways that only the Pkunk can pull off to portray their freaky visions.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Captain Zelnick – “This is getting ridiculous!”

Fwiffo – “No, Captain! You’re the one who’s getting ridiculous! Can’t you people see? We have got to go and seek out the Druuge! They’re the ones who have the Rosy Sphere! Don’t you get it? The Rosy Sphere is the final piece to fix the Ultron! What the hell is wrong with everybody? Wait a second! Why am I suddenly naked?”

(Fwiffo wakes up and sits up in his bed)

Fwiffo – “I knew I shouldn’t have ever taunted that foul Talking Pet… I think he’s been messing with my dreams!”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him! I’ll chase him ’round the moons of Nibia and ’round the Antares maelstrom and ’round Perdition’s flames before I give him up!” ― Khan Noonien Singh