Peeru Fanfic Comments

Do you want to *play* with us camper? This is where *fun games* are had!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Re: Peeru Fanfic Comments

Post by Quasispatial »

Alvarin wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:53 pm
Quasispatial wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:07 pm
Death 999 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:11 pm

Hmm. I'm not sure how these could be the same person without backtracking a substantial distance along their personal histories, to well before the beginning of the game.
Possible family relation then?
This line of posts makes is seem that you guys imagining the entire race as having mere handful of individuals. Just think of how many people on earth have the same first or last name, or even both with having no relations dozens of generations back...
Yes, but it's more fun this way.
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.
Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish »

Death 999 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:11 pm
Angelfish wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:09 pmSome people only get recognition after their death. This is also the case with Peeru, who gained only your interest after she had been killed in glorious battle :)
Hmm. I'm not sure how these could be the same person without backtracking a substantial distance along their personal histories, to well before the beginning of the game.
Somehow the comment 'poor peeru' made me think they were related :).
After all who would care about a random druuge named Peeru if it wasn't the hero of the Peeru stories :)
Niffiwan
Silly Supox

Post by Niffiwan »

Death 999 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:05 am I was actually working on chapter 50 a little while back after becoming mod of r/starcontrol... I have about 2/3 of a chapter ready. I'll see if I can get it done.
Nice to hear. :) I am still definitely hoping to read more, one day.
Although at this rate, it seems likely that if you do write another chapter, it'll take a few years before I check this forum again and realize it...
Member since March 14, 2003
Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin »

Channel your inner cicada!
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.
Niffiwan
Silly Supox

Post by Niffiwan »

Alvarin wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:50 am Channel your inner cicada!
Thanks for the advice. What with the last chapter being from 2013, I'll check back in 2026 or 2030, then. 8-)
Member since March 14, 2003
Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 »

Yikes, that comment was 4 years ago and my most recent chapter TEN?

It's all because I lost my train commute and gained a driving commute. That ate about 90% of my writing time. Right then, bam.

I do have that next chapter mostly done, but I wanted to have more that would lead into an arc rather just some things that happened next (even if they made sense). Also, I need to do more pre-work on the new characters…

I did some of that last month, and some of that can come in later chapters, not just right now. Okay… goal setting time. I want to publish this within 3 weeks from now (not down to the hour), and see if I can get the next chapter out 8 weeks after that.
Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 »

Update, as that deadline is this weekend:

I thought I had another week. I've definitely made progress. I have more ideas on where to take it in the short term. Could work out, if I manage to grab the time needed to make it real. Otherwise, I'll slip a week.
Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 »

Proximately, I've got roughly enough material for a chapter, but I think I need to take this latest idea and let it build over more narrative space. And that means I need to fill in the gap left by pulling part of it off the end of the chapter.

More generally, one of the things that bugs me about this story is the arc around what Nuun did to Peeru. It bugs me for a wide variety of reasons - mainly, SA and SA-adjacent things are delicate, overused, and I didn't have a strong enough point other than 'she sure is alien!'. I'm thinking of going back and altering it. But that would have ripple effects, unless I'm very careful.
Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 »

Uuugh. I had a VERY distracting weekend that weekend, and it threw me off for a week or two.

Then I had an idea on how to develop the scene better, so it wasn't all a loss, but developing it isn't quick. I think this weekend is looking good for getting it out.
krulle
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by krulle »

sorry, my fault, I stupidly commented in the story thread.
Here's the original message (which has otherwise now disappeared):
krulle wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:11 pm Wow, a continuation.... :)

YAY!

Now I'll be reading back uo, 'cause I forgot about a lot.
Thanks? You timewaster!

;)