The perfect storm

Ahh, vague omens and mysterious portents. Tangled webs of fate intertwined with the branches of destiny, blown by the capricious winds of happenstance. News, news....uh, actually there is some news!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

The perfect storm

Post by Lukipela » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:36 pm

Have you ever heard of a perfect storm? You know how sometimes completely unrelated matters come together to create a fierce, unstoppable and exciting event? Well, you're living it right now. This weekend is a perfect storm. Yesterday I showed you our new ship section. That was the beginning. Tomorrow, I have another piece of news for you. That is the end. But now? Well, right now we are at the middle of the storm. And this isn't one of those sissy storms that has a calm in the middle. This is an all out storm, wind, lightning, thunder, you name it. And here we are, enjoying the moment. Living for it.

And what is the moment? Well, it's like this. The comic page has been updated. It no longer features only That Ur-Quan Master and Groombridge Log - Prologue. It now also features Groombridge Log - Chapter 1. That's right. The SC comic world just expanded.

So without further ado, I'll let you get on to reading Groombridge Log - Chapter 1. Hope you enjoy it. And let Tiberian know, because he has invested a lot of time, effort and even money into this.

Eth
Shining Being of Pure Light and Blissful Love

Re: The perfect storm

Post by Eth » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:10 pm

Nice work, Tiberian and *unknown colorist*. Much more interesting than the Prologue. Favorite character so far: Dave.

Cedric6014
Arilou wiseguy

Post by Cedric6014 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:22 pm

Tiberian, I'm speechless. That's fantastic. But have sympathy. We're going to have to wait an age between each chapter! ARG!

When this is complete it will be a real treasure in SC fandom. It'll keep the flame flickering!

Fred
ZEXy Beast

Post by Fred » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:03 am

What a nice surprise on my daughter's tenth birthday! I can't even fathom how much work you have put before you, Tiberian, but for both you and Eth I look forward to continuing installments.

As I read the comic I was reminded that Paul used my as a model for Commander Hayes; however, I fear I more resemble Gruber than Hayes these days and I definitely require more radioactives than I once did to get my deep space radar functioning in the morning.

Best,
Fred

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:12 am

Me likes alot!

And it is really nice that poster above me keeps in touch :)
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.

Zeracles
Pootworm

Post by Zeracles » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:14 pm

Fred wrote:As I read the comic I was reminded that Paul used my as a model for Commander Hayes
This reminds me of an old question. Fred Hayes? Hopefully I haven't missed you giving him a first name already.
Twinkle twinkle Paul and Fred (more)

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:18 pm

Eth wrote:Nice work, Tiberian and *unknown colorist*. Much more interesting than the Prologue. Favorite character so far: Dave.
I'm partial to Wu myself. he spent half the chapter searching for something that ultimately was of no special use. Much like my work really. I am waiting for the appearances of Jonathan and Matthew though, hopefully they'll make it into the next chapter.

Tiberian
Orz *camper*

Post by Tiberian » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:43 am

Pointing to Lukipela's post:

Community-made side characters are still very much welcomed.
Author of Star Control novelizations Groombridge Log and Eternal Doctrine. www.tommisalminenbooks.com

Dragon
Reborn Shofixti

Post by Dragon » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:55 am

Lukipela wrote:Well, you're living it right now. This weekend is a perfect storm. Yesterday I showed you our new ship section.
Oh wow! As luck would have it I was wondering if VileRancour's SC2 ship screens had stats and labels and was actually going to ask if you lot felt like coming up with them sometime this week. Looks like someone already has :)

Hooray!

Dragon
Reborn Shofixti

Post by Dragon » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:07 am

ps: The updated site looks great also. Probably should have mentioned that but I was/am distracted by GL: Chapter one.