News! Late but here!

Ahh, vague omens and mysterious portents. Tangled webs of fate intertwined with the branches of destiny, blown by the capricious winds of happenstance. News, news....uh, actually there is some news!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Re: News! Late but here!

Post by Lukipela » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:33 pm

It's not just getting a mod that actually wants to do them, it's also actually giving them the access and rights to be able to do stuff that tends to be the tricky part unfortunately.

Scott Irving
Site Admin

Post by Scott Irving » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:59 pm

The process for delayed registration was put in place to stop the unruly number of spam accounts that we're being registered. I honestly wasn't aware of it taking a week I just know it was delayed or required manual activation, which I was not doing and I don't believe I could even.

Help would be appreciated of course as yes I don't have allot of time. Being an adult sure takes allot of time away from things and I have a baby boy due near end of May so time will be even shorter though late nights with the baby might be an opportunity to sit and work on the site depending on freedom of hands...

I killed all the spam which I was supposed to be getting notices for when reported but that isn't working..
Site Admin and General Techie person. Also I'm batman.

krulle
Ilwrath spawn

Post by krulle » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:30 am

CONGRATULATIONS, Scott!

Say hello to our next baby Zelnick!

Zeracles
Pootworm

Post by Zeracles » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:16 pm

Scott Irving wrote:I honestly wasn't aware of it taking a week I just know it was delayed or required manual activation, which I was not doing and I don't believe I could even.
If there's still a problem with registrations then there is . . . still a problem. Are you saying you need elevated site access to fix it? It sounds like what Luki was talking about if so.
Scott Irving wrote:I killed all the spam which I was supposed to be getting notices for when reported but that isn't working..
Were you able to ban the spammer? His account still looks like any other member's, or should that be expected?

On and on I go with the complaints 8)-smf
Twinkle twinkle Paul and Fred (more)

Scott Irving
Site Admin

Post by Scott Irving » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:29 pm

Oh the account got the ban stick for sure. I don't believe it shows up any different however.

Lobsterguest

Post by Lobsterguest » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:19 am

So now that you are here Scott, how do I activate an old account? I think I requested a password reset or something in a drunken stupor a year ago or so, and I have to the best of my knowledge not gotten any mail, and when I try to log in with several different passwords I get "wrong password" until I hit what is presumably the right one where the error message is something like "account inactive". How do I do something about this?

- Lobsterman

Scott Irving
Site Admin

Post by Scott Irving » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:29 am

I'll check the account and see what I can do.

Zeracles
Pootworm

Post by Zeracles » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:36 am

The other thing you could do is get one of your new slaves volunteer mods to see what they can do ;)-smf I must be getting really annoying now
Twinkle twinkle Paul and Fred (more)

Lobsterguest

Post by Lobsterguest » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:48 am

Still can't log on. I can't remember if this account was tied to my hotmail account (long since discontinued) or my yahoo account (the real shizzle dizzle). can you give me any leads scott?
Because if it is hotmail tied I might have lost it all, otherwise if you have sendt a mail to yahoo I should be able to see it and maybe I just have to dig around in the spam folder.

2-23-6
*squeezing* *juice*!!!

Post by 2-23-6 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:03 am

I've a baby girl due in early August.