Drawing every single race!

Wish there was something new in the SC universe? Check out what fan based initiatives are going on.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

palmpet
Ilwrath torturer
Location: Hillopia, currently imprisoned in Invictler Slave Hive.

Re: Drawing every single race!

Post by palmpet » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:31 am

Also there is something I drew early but it has to do with an unimportant melnorme quote that you some how missed and won't be able to get....does that count as a spoiler?
"What's the point in being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes."

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:10 pm

palmpet wrote:Also there is something I drew early but it has to do with an unimportant melnorme quote that you some how missed and won't be able to get....does that count as a spoiler?
Ok, that will be fine, as long as it's unimportant. There were some additional quotes from the Melnorme I had obtained during my early-goings on my playthrough when I first met the Melnorme and attacked them; I went back and talked with them after using the emergency warp-out and they said a few more things, but I decided to not include it in my story since it would probably make my Captain Zelnick's character seem a bit cold-hearted and hostile, so I'm wondering if your quote might be along those lines.

Also, thanks for your Ilwrath picture! I like that you threw in the Zelnick in the corner cowering in fear! :)
“He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him! I’ll chase him ’round the moons of Nibia and ’round the Antares maelstrom and ’round Perdition’s flames before I give him up!” ― Khan Noonien Singh

palmpet
Ilwrath torturer

Post by palmpet » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:20 pm

The Algolites are a race that have only been mentioned by a Melnorme Trade Master. The reference was to an unfortunate incident regarding a Spathi base on Algol IV: "They didn't like the climate there so they decided to make just a few minor climatic adjustments'. Their equipment went haywire, they panicked and fled, and the entire atmosphere was stripped off the planet, much to the native Algolites' sincere, though short-lived regret."

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:24 pm

palmpet wrote:The Algolites are a race that have only been mentioned by a Melnorme Trade Master. The reference was to an unfortunate incident regarding a Spathi base on Algol IV: "They didn't like the climate there so they decided to make just a few minor climatic adjustments'. Their equipment went haywire, they panicked and fled, and the entire atmosphere was stripped off the planet, much to the native Algolites' sincere, though short-lived regret."
Oh, okay. So, are you going to do your own representation of your interpretation of the events?
“He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him! I’ll chase him ’round the moons of Nibia and ’round the Antares maelstrom and ’round Perdition’s flames before I give him up!” ― Khan Noonien Singh

palmpet
Ilwrath torturer

Post by palmpet » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:26 pm

More so my interpretations on the algolites....essentially my idea was that the algolites were tribal since by the description they appear to not be space faring...

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:36 pm

palmpet wrote:More so my interpretations on the algolites....essentially my idea was that the algolites were tribal since by the description they appear to not be space faring...
Oh, I see. There's not much to go on to make a determination of how they would look like, but I could see how you could draw the conclusion of their technology level. Plus their probably pretty simple folk since "Algolite" isn't very imaginative. What do you envision them looking like?

palmpet
Ilwrath torturer

Post by palmpet » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:38 pm

Baically i imagine them as some sort of wierd hamerhead creatutes. With long arms and legs. For some reason I had this weird Idea that they worship a crystal that fell from space (Supposedly a dead chenjesu) and basically thought It was god. They wore headdress this mimic the crystal and Carried spears with tipped with small black crystals...or atleast thats my headcanon...and as far as I know im the only one who ever made an idea on them...also you can see their impending doom in the sky lol

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:59 pm

palmpet wrote:
Baically i imagine them as some sort of wierd hamerhead creatutes. With long arms and legs. For some reason I had this weird Idea that they worship a crystal that fell from space (Supposedly a dead chenjesu) and basically thought It was god. They wore headdress this mimic the crystal and Carried spears with tipped with small black crystals...or atleast thats my headcanon...and as far as I know im the only one who ever made an idea on them...also you can see their impending doom in the sky lol
Nice! Are you going to color it in too? :mrgreen: I like your interpretation and it's cool how you incorporated a religious system into their appearance and everything. Old, primitive cultures most often centered their society's structure around their religious beliefs, which were sometimes brought about by random monumental events and accepted by the people as profound divination. Excellent. :D Also, they couldn't be too intimidating-looking or have anything like slavering jaws with rows of sharp teeth and such, because otherwise the Spathi would've been too scared to meet them! ;)

palmpet
Ilwrath torturer

Post by palmpet » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:03 pm

Yes I am going to Color it! Also I would say they dont look intimidating they are pretty derpy looking infact XD

palmpet
Ilwrath torturer

Post by palmpet » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:16 pm

And....ta da!