Where are you heading?

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Re: Where are you heading?

Post by The Troglodyte » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:07 pm

Unfortunately, I'm heading into surgery tomorrow. ADR. If you don't hear back from me soon, it's because I'm either dead... or worse...paralyzed.
“He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him! I’ll chase him ’round the moons of Nibia and ’round the Antares maelstrom and ’round Perdition’s flames before I give him up!” ― Khan Noonien Singh

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:08 pm

The Troglodyte wrote:Unfortunately, I'm heading into surgery tomorrow. ADR. If you don't hear back from me soon, it's because I'm either dead... or worse...paralyzed.
Best of luck with that. Hopefully everything goes well; it would be too bad if we lost your pleasant company.
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:25 pm

Quasispatial wrote:
The Troglodyte wrote:Unfortunately, I'm heading into surgery tomorrow. ADR. If you don't hear back from me soon, it's because I'm either dead... or worse...paralyzed.
Best of luck with that. Hopefully everything goes well; it would be too bad if we lost your pleasant company.
Thanks Quasi. Fortunately, medical technology is pretty awesome at what they can do these days and this is a fairly easy procedure. (knocks on wood)
“He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him! I’ll chase him ’round the moons of Nibia and ’round the Antares maelstrom and ’round Perdition’s flames before I give him up!” ― Khan Noonien Singh

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:01 pm

!!! Good luck!!!

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:17 pm

Death 999 wrote:!!! Good luck!!!
Just a quick update: I am alive and well following my disc replacement surgery! I'm currently undergoing my lengthy recovery on tons of pain meds and a big cone I have to wear to help keep my neck stable...which also prevents me from biting people, and I also find it much more difficult to scratch behind my ears!

Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

Post by Draxas » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:17 pm

I didn't even know they made E-collars for people.

Speedy recovery!

Bleeding Star
Ilwrath spawn

Post by Bleeding Star » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:17 am

So can you drink beer again now?

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:42 pm

Bleeding Star wrote:So can you drink beer again now?
Well, I'm not supposed to for a few more days... at least not until I've weaned myself off of the rest of my pain meds, which should be much easier now that the OxyCodone supply has been depleted. Man, that stuff was goooood! I can see why they don't like keeping you on it for very long!

Bleeding Star
Ilwrath spawn

Post by Bleeding Star » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:21 am

How about now?

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Post by Angelfish » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:29 am

I don't know what ADR means but I hope that you're fine :)