About to try to beat Star Control 2...no spoilers!

This is the place to talk about all things Star Control.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Re: About to try to beat Star Control 2...no spoilers!

Post by Quasispatial » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:15 am

Death 999 wrote:
Tormuse wrote:I'm enjoying reading your analysis of the Orz's speech. Of the many mysteries in this game, I think that's the one that confounds people the most. :)
Death 999 wrote:Non-spoiler: that's not water, but alcohol.
I don't remember that from the game. ???-smf Are you joking? Or is there a line somewhere that I don't remember?
The official hint book ('resource guide') says it. The game text does not contain the string 'lcohol', so I guess that's the only support for this assertion.
It makes sense, though.
They're drunk! That's why they are behaving so oddly. :P
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:27 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Captain's Log - Feb 29, 2156 - Delta Vulpeculae, Planet 8

And to think only yesterday I was willing to pass this planet by, just to satisfy my scientific curiosity! What a mistake that would've been! This Metal World has a nice, thick atmosphere (1.62 atm,) a cold temperature of -189° C, class 4 tectonics, a small mass (0.06 e.s.) with half of Earth's gravity (0.51 g), along with 3 corrosives, 6 base metals, 4 precious metals, 1 deposit of radioactives plus an astonishing 25 biological lifeforms! This should work out very nice for when we travel to Alpha Vulpeculae, which just so happens to be a supergiant star where a Melnorme Trader can be found!

We will send the Lander down to the surface. Captain out.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Captain's Log - Supplemental:

I had to activate the time portal to save a unit of fuel, since I forgot to inform Cargo Bay they needed to jettison 100 units of base metals before we had sent down the Lander to the surface. After that oversight was corrected, we proceeded to planetside where we gathered 20 units of uranium, 46 units of silver and filled the remainder of the Lander's hold with 34 units of iron as we began to pick up the lifeforms.

This planet had a high amount of purple slugs (see also Beta Centauri IIIb), which slowly tried to chase us, so they were easy to corral and grab after 2 easy stuns. The hovering 3-eyed jellyfish (Beta Caeli II) were also simple and easy grabs since their linear motion is both slow and predictable.

Finally, we went ahead and zapped each of the blue squatty, mushroom accordion creatures (Delta Gorno IV) that are more stun resistant than the previous two, but they are stationary and worth more than the others. We had to return two more times to empty the Lander's bio-data collection table into the Vindicator's main bio-data computer grid apparatus thing-a-ma-jig, or whatever the Cargo Chief calls it.

We have set course for the 2nd planet...maximum impulse speed! Zelnick out.
Captain's Log - Feb 29, 2156 - Delta Vulpeculae - Near Planet 2

We slipped past the Slylandro Probe that was now circling outside the innermost planet, and we made our way to the 2nd planet, and as we drew nearer to it, SRS revealed it also has 3 moons: 1 Blue, 1 Green and 1 Yellow.

The information given to us by the Melnorme told us the old Taalo Homeworld would be a moon around the 2nd planet, but they never said which one... so I guess we'll have to check them out one-by-one! We have added an exploration path: m1-P-m2-m3

I'm a little surprised that we haven't detected any Orz ships as of yet; the way they talked about this place made it seem like they'd probably be here in numbers, but so far there's been no sign of them. For some reason I was expecting a greeting party, and the lack thereof makes me feel a bit uneasy.

If there is a fleet of them in orbit around one of these moons, I'm not exactly sure how they will accept our arrival, even though it seems that they practically invited us here. Still, the Orz have proven to be a difficult bunch to understand...and at times equally as unpredictable.

We will set course for the 1st moon. We are now going to Yellow Alert. Captain out.
“He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him! I’ll chase him ’round the moons of Nibia and ’round the Antares maelstrom and ’round Perdition’s flames before I give him up!” ― Khan Noonien Singh

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:43 pm

Captain's Log - Feb 29, 2156 - Delta Vulpeculae, Planet 2, Moon 1 - Yellow Alert

No playground yet.

We have just entered orbit of an Ultramarine World with a thick 1.94 atmosphere, -101° C temperature, class 3 weather, low gravity (0.08 g), 3 base metals, 4 noble gases and 4 rare earth deposits. We have jettisoned the remaining 55 units of base metals; in the future, we'll have to discover something pretty great to start parting with our obtained noble gases!

We will send down the Lander to grab the lanthanides and also the gases if there's any room left afterwards. Zelnick out.

We picked up 45 units of holmium, so we still had enough room for 10 units of krypton.

We have set course for the planet. Captain out.
Captain's Log - Mar 1, 2156 - Delta Vulpeculae, Planet 2 - Yellow Alert

Nothing unusual here.

We have just entered orbit of a Red Gas Giant, but there are no abnormal readings on sensors, so we'll be moving on.

We will set course for the 2nd moon. Zelnick out.
Captain's Log - Mar 1, 2156 - Delta Vulpeculae, Planet 2, Moon 2 - Yellow Alert

Still no playground yet. We better not just be chasing ghosts.

We have just entered orbit of an Alkali World with good conditions, but only 4 base metals, so we'll be moving on.

We have set course for the 3rd and final moon. This had better be it! Captain out.
Captain’s Log – Mar 1, 2156 – Delta Vulpeculae, Planet 2, Moon 3

Well, that was certainly much easier than I thought it was going to be! We have just entered orbit of the 3rd moon after briefly speaking with the Orz. They said they were “squirting nice colors,” which I took meant a good thing, and they confirmed we had arrived at the Taalo Playground.

It seems that there are properties present that are either outside of our visual spectrum or are only detectable and understood by extra-dimensional beings like the Orz, who declared that the surface is not fun in “slow time,” but they still said it was okay if we wanted to explore the surface, and so they let us pass.

Our Planetary Sensors have revealed a Treasure World with nice deposits of precious metals, but more importantly, our energy scans have detected an object in the northwestern hemisphere. Could this perhaps be the psychic immunity device we seek?

We will dispatch the Lander at once to find out! Zelnick out.
“He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him! I’ll chase him ’round the moons of Nibia and ’round the Antares maelstrom and ’round Perdition’s flames before I give him up!” ― Khan Noonien Singh

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:05 pm

Wow! What an amazing discovery! The Lander approached what appeared to be a huge, dark greyish-colored rock-like structure that glows a fluorescent red. The landing party was able to determine its age to be around 20,000 years old! It has also been confirmed that it is definitely of Taalo design -- and it appears to still be working! Well, at least it seems to be working fine...but I guess we won't know that for certain until someone or something tries to take over our minds! On that note... we’re in no rush to test it.

They also reported it is also giving some crew members within the group some awfully bad headaches, and they've recommended we need to let the scientists back at Starbase analyze it for how it functions plus any potential danger it could pose to the crew, but we've gone ahead and brought the device onboard, something the Vindicator's internal manifest sensors are calling a "Taalo Shield." Well, I guess with the entire Human race (among others) depending on our success, it would appear that normal science mission quarantine protocol procedures are simply a luxury we cannot afford! I sure hope this thing doesn't make all of our heads explode!

Speaking of protocol, I got so caught up in the excitement of the Taalo Shield discovery that I totally forgot to mention the other aspects of the mission before leaving orbit. Let's see...oh yeah! I’m not sure what the specific planetary conditions were, but there weren’t any notably bad conditions on the surface. There were a bunch of deposits of silver and stuff on the surface, and we had to let 100 units of noble gases bleed out into space to make room for the 100 units of precious metals. That’s all I can remember.

Now that we've been successful at obtaining this intriguing device, I am going to initiate a time portal for this present timeline and activate a previous one to see what else we can learn from the Orz orbiting the "Taalo Playground." Captain out.
Captain's Log - Mar 1, 2156 - Delta Vulpeculae, Planet 2, Moon 3

The more we talk with the Orz, the more I think we actually begin to understand them, at least a little bit. While everything they say has a mixture of confusion and obscurities, I think I've been able to put a few ideas together to formulate one possible notion that my mind keeps returning to: Is the Orz's main purpose for existence to entertain themselves?

I mean, think about it. So much of their language revolves around keywords that are closely related to concepts like recreation and pleasure, such as campers, play, fun, games, parties, toys, dessert, celebration, happy town, partytime, happy days, dancing, silly cows, happy time and playgrounds. It's almost like they're a bunch of immature little children trying to find somebody to play with, but it just so happens that their form of play sometimes involves destroying other ships! Anyway, it's probably just a weird coincidence and the truth is their culture has been thrust into a sea of unknown, and the Orz are just trying to figure everything out and how stuff operates in our dimension, while anybody else who encounters them is just trying to figure out how to communicate with them.

The Orz informed us what makes this place (the playground) so significant to them is that there are good places to "spread" into "Pretty Space," and there they can "play" with the Taalo. This might mean that there are either portals or weaknesses present that the Orz can use to go back and forth between the dimensions, and they also mentioned the Taalo are no longer here in "Heavy Space," but they are now in "Pretty Space," but we of course cannot go there because we’re just measly ole "Campers." They proceeded to elaborate on the issue when we asked about the playground:

Orz - "Yes. Yes. You say words, then I say. It is fun *in between*. More fun than *dancing*. Many *gravity centers* in *heavy space* make good *party places*. This is why we like the *New Town*. So many *Campers* and then what? Even the *Playgrounds*! Such a surprise! At this *Playground*, Taalo are making *Time jokes*. It is too funny for the Orz. Taalo are in *heavy space* and next what? They spread to *Pretty Space* because Dnyarri are chasing them. Now Dnyarri are sleeping, so Orz can *chase* them. Then we can have a *party*. They are even better *campers* then you. Do not feeling bad. You are good enough *campers*, but not yet."

Not only do they enjoy travelling between the dimensions, but it's apparently even more enjoyable than blowing things up! The gravity centers may be pointing towards the conditions needed for their inter-dimensional space travel, or it might be about conducting gravity whips during battle -- It's difficult to differentiate the two, considering the context.

What is really confusing is how they say the Taalo are making "Time jokes" at this "Playground." I wonder how literally this could be, even possibly to the point that the other dimension is on a completely different set of time parameters, a time setting that could be by comparison in our distant past or future, or outside of normal temporal mechanics altogether.

It does seem that the Taalo did perhaps escape the Dnyarri's judgement, but what isn't clear is what the Orz meant by how they are now chasing them. That could mean they are now really good friends... or the Taalo are in turmoil being pursued by the Orz; neither of which would surprise me.

I'm going to activate the time portal to far back when we first entered the Gamma Vulpeculae System, which was before our first contact with the Orz, and see what would happen if we headed to the Taalo Playground before ever having met the Orz yet. Zelnick out.

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:49 pm

Captain's Log - Mar 1, 2156 - Delta Vulpeculae, Planet 2, Moon 3

We have returned from our visit to the past where we experimented with communicating with the Orz in different situations as it relates to the Taalo Playground, and we are currently back in orbit of that world. As I'll sometimes do when re-acquainting myself with the “present” timeline, I'll do something that helps bring my memory back up to speed and the goings-on with the ship and crew, so I swung by Cargo Bay to make sure our newly acquired Taalo Shield was still within the Device Manifest Chamber, but now I may need to go and get some aspirin from Sickbay.

From Gamma Vulpeculae, we avoided the Orz within the system and ventured straight to Delta Vulpeculae and the Taalo Playground, but the greeting we received from the Orz was slightly different this time around. Instead of widely dispersed Orz vessels occasionally drifting by like they were when we visited this world as allies, we were at once swarmed by fourteen Orz Nemeses with all of their Howitzer Cannons aimed at the Vindicator in an unusual but effective attack posture. The jaws of the bridge crew collectively dropped as a sudden gasp for air was followed by stunned silence; after all, this was the first time they were encountering the Orz, and not under the most ideal of circumstances.

However, the Orz exclaimed how it was "Happy pieces!" that we were there, and they responded to our original inquiries in similar fashion, but when we asked if we could visit the surface, they declined permission this time. Apparently, we hadn't even achieved the status of "Campers" quite yet, and they offered that "alliance parties" are a good idea, and even better for "picnics": a new recreational term the Orz introduced to us. We asked how we could become campers, so they gave us the coordinates for their homeworld and told us to go there because they are now very busy. To offer more reassurance, they urged us to not be "terrified," which I found...well, uh...terrifying actually! We asked why they are so busy, and they replied:

Orz - "Busy is because Orz have reason. It is secret for *campers*. You must going quickly to my *house*. It is too bad you cannot *HYUIVBHJHG* there, but flying the *heavy* ship is okay. Perhaps next time we will show you our toys. But do not look!!! Now you will go to my *house*."

It just keeps getting stranger and stranger. I'm guessing they don't want to reveal too much about their inter-dimensional activities, and they're suggesting we should contact the Orz at their homeworld to begin alliance negotiations. When they used the word...uh...HYUIVB...yeah, the word with a bunch of random capital letters, which was incoherent and sounded like a buzzing sound. I wonder if this word could possibly be part of their native tongue, and its meaning must have something to do with how they travel, maybe by using the folds in the fabric of space to instantaneously arrive at their destination via dimensional portals, something of which our "Heavy" ship is unable to achieve.

The first time I heard them use the term "toys," I thought it was referring to their weapons, as if they were saying, "Say hello to my little friend!" Now I'm wondering what these toys could really be, and I fear they could be the same type of devices that were responsible for the Androsynth's fate, or another train of thought might consider this could be alluding to their true nature, and merely being in their presence or their space, in which the alternate dimension could be manifested in a non-physical reality outside of our laws of physics, which could be incompatible with our state of being and therefore potentially disastrous, so we'll try to keep clear of the Orz's "toy box"...just in case.

I wanted to make sure we had “covered all of our bases,” so we went back and tried again, but this time we approached Delta Vulpeculae II-c after instigating conflict and fighting several battles with the Orz. When the confrontation wasn’t as a result of asking too much about the Androsynth, they had some interesting things to say when we arrived at the Taalo Playground:

Orz - "Who is it? It is the *not Campers*. Maybe you have come to Taalo *playground* for a *Picnic*. No!!! It is not the case! *Silly Cows* can never have a *picnic*. Of course. Not even a party. If you are gone, Orz can have fun some more."

We had once again received “Silly Cow” status, plus a demotion to where we’re considered “not campers,” which those two titles in conjunction is clearly the lowest of the low, but it was obvious at this point they were annoyed by our presence. When we wanted more of an explanation, they responded with:

Orz - "Why explaining? You are not a *camper*! You are too *hard*! If you want *words with fluid* then you must be *campers*! Of course you are so silly. That is too much. Do not asking about *playgrounds*. If you want to be a *camper* you can go to my *house*. Silly name is Gamma Vulpeculae."

But, of course, we didn’t stop there. When we pressed the issue and demanded that they allowed us to visit the surface, we were met with the response of:

Orz - "NNNNggggghhhhh!!!!!! You are *frumple*! You are silly!! Is this happy? NO!!! I cannot *spit* words with *Cows*! There is no demanding! We will *dance* now for several *pieces*."

Orz Rule # 1: You do not talk about Androsynth!
Orz Rule # 2: You DO NOT talk about Androsynth!
Orz Rule # 3: Don’t talk to cows either.

They of course terminated communications and opened fire on our ship, which is right about the time when I felt we’ve probably learned about all we are going to for now about these weird playgrounds where picnics and parties occur, and so I activated the time portal, and now we’re finally ready to finish exploring the rest of this system back in our regular timeline where the Orz actually like us and aren’t constantly trying to “dissolve” us.

We will set course for the 1st planet. Captain out.

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:47 pm

Captain's Log - Mar 1, 2156 - Delta Vulpeculae, Planet 1

We have just entered orbit of a Halide World with a 1.58 atmosphere, 424° C temperature, class 4 weather, class 3 tectonics, low gravity (0.17g), 6 corrosives, 4 radioactives and 13 biological lifeforms. We've expelled more of our nobles gases to make room for the radioactives.

We will dispatch the Lander to the surface. Zelnick out.

We gathered all of the radioactives on our first trip, totalling 51 units of astatine. We tried to grab between 2 to 4 lifeforms during each trip, but the searing hot climate and severe storms made it very difficult, but we eventually prevailed and it took a net total of 4 more trips to pick up the 9 gummy bears (Beta Centauri III-b) and 4 celery stalks (Zeta Centauri I-a) for a total of 76 units of bio-data (289 grand total.)

We have set course for the 4th planet. Captain out.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Captain's Log - Mar 3, 2156 - Delta Vulpeculae, Planet 3

The 4th planet was an Azure World with class 4 tectonics but only had a dozen base metals, so we've made it to the 3rd planet. It looks as if we're not making it home with any noble gases. We have just entered orbit of an Auric World with class 3 tectonics and 6 deposits of precious metals.

We will dispatch the Lander to the surface. Zelnick out.

Supplemental:

We filled up the Lander's hold with as much gold as it could carry, 76 units in total. Unless we find a planet completely covered in radioactives or with giant deposits of exotic minerals, our 1800 units of lanthanides should be reasonably safe.

We have set course for the 5th planet. Captain out.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Captain's Log - Mar 5, 2156 - Delta Vulpeculae, Planet 7

The 5th planet was blue Hydrocarbon World with a blue Azure World moon. Hmmm...a blue planet with a blue moon! How often does that happen? Anyway, neither had very valuable minerals, nor did the 6th planet, a Chondrite World, so we proceeded towards the 7th planet.

As we approached the 7th planet, SRS reveal it has a Slylandro Probe in orbit, so as per ship's protocol, we are going to Yellow Alert.

We will continue towards the planet when the Probe is opposite us on the other side of the planet. Zelnick out.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Captain's Log - Mar 5, 2156 - Delta Vulpeculae, Planet 6 - Yellow Alert

Those Probes are just too darn quick, so since we couldn't avoid it, we had to destroy it. Also, another Probe was entering SRS range as we began to enter orbit, so we'll maintain Yellow Alert status. We will be leaving orbit shortly, because this Pellucid World has no minerals whatsoever.

We will set course for Alpha Vulpeculae. Captain out.

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:53 pm

MORE CARGO BAYS!

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:37 pm

Death 999 wrote:MORE CARGO BAYS!
Indeed. From the very beginning and throughout this journey, it’s fair to say that many people have tried to drop subtle hints on the necessity of acquiring more cargo pods:
Quasispatial wrote:Oh, and by the way, I would also recommend getting more than one "slot" with storage, at least in the early game, for the sake of fuel efficiency. The more you can bring back in one go, the less fuel you have to spend getting to the places you are going to mine, as you won't need to go back and forth as many times. Just a suggestion.
Draxas wrote:Also, do yourself a favor and have at least 2 cargo bays on board when you are harvesting raw materials. Having only one will make your trips back and forth to the starbase extremely inefficient, because fuel is pretty expensive.
Draxas wrote:However, having that second (or third!) cargo bay is essential in order to avoid going back and forth to the starbase pretty much constantly, which is a huge waste of expensive fuel.
Tormuse wrote:… use the resources you saved to get other stuff like extra thrusters, storage bays, or fuel.
Tormuse wrote:
The Troglodyte wrote:...I'm definitely getting more storage bays when we return to Starbase!
Please do! Or we'll have to nickname Captain Zelnick the Litterbug! ;)
Tormuse wrote:The way you're going, I'd suggest filling up all remaining empty slots with storage bays, if possible.
Death 999 wrote:I see. And how many cargo pods? Each Fury you didn't scrap counted for almost 3 cargo pods.
Death 999 wrote:So yeah, having 7 instead of 4 would have been nice.
Tormuse wrote:Psst... get more storage bays!
I guess I was just so concerned with getting hopelessly outgunned out in space, I figured that continuing to add a few more storage bays each time upon returning to Starbase would be sufficient, and I was also getting worried with the growth rate of Probes that I felt it necessary to give offensive capabilities a high priority, since I’m not terrific at combat. In hindsight, I probably could've purchased a few more the last time I had the chance.

It has been nice, however, to have the ability of using a bold approach when facing different and unknown alien cultures like the VUX and the Orz, and I might not have had the same inclination if I had sacrificed weapons for storage, and scrapping some of my fleet just didn’t feel right to me.

I've also surmised that with my high dedication to grinding and cleaning out systems, I will eventually have a surplus of resource units; I may be wrong, but this was the case in other resource gathering games I’ve played (e.g. Starflight, Mass Effect 2, etc.)

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:37 pm

Captain's Log - Mar 7, 2156 - Alpha Vulpeculae - Status: Green

With the other Slylandro Probe nipping at our heels, the helm used manual navigational controls to fly away from the incoming Probe at maximum impulse speed, which gave our navigator a chance to lay in our new course for Alpha Vulpeculae and initiate the ship's navigational computer.

It’s been less than two days later, and we're now entering the Alpha Vulpeculae System, which is a massive green supergiant star with only one planet in a pretty far orbit, but the extraordinary amount of radiation and heat coming from the sun has still kept the green planet within the warm zone, and IPLRS are already detecting a Melnorme Trader in orbit.

We will set course for the planet/Melnorme...whichever comes first. Captain out.
Captain's Log - Mar 7, 2156 - Alpha Vulpeculae, Near Planet 1

We made contact with the Melnorme and sold our biological data for 578 credits, which we used to finish purchasing all remaining information about current events, and we began buying the data intel on alien races with the rest of our credits.

When we departed ways with the Trader vessel, we approached the 1st planet, which SRS have revealed a small cyan moon, and we have just entered orbit of the planet, an Iodine World with a thick 4.18 atmosphere, a scorching 2377° Celsius, class 5 weather and tectonics, but it only has 1 deposit of corrosives and 3 of base metals, so we'll be moving on.

We have set course for the planet's moon. Captain out.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Captain's Log - Mar 7, 2156 - Alpha Vulpeculae, Planet 1, Moon 1

We have just entered orbit of an Opalescent World with no atmosphere, 1892° C, class 4 tectonics, 8 common minerals, 3 noble gases, and 6 lanthanides, so we'll be moving on.

We will set course for Eta Vulpeculae. Zelnick out.
Captain's Log - Mar 8, 2156 - Eta Vulpeculae

We have just arrived on the outskirts of the Eta Vulpeculae System, a green dwarf star with 8 planets:

Planet 1 - Small Red (green zone)
Planet 2 - Medium Blue (Orz)
Planet 3 - Medium Violet (cool zone) (Orz)
Planet 4 - Small Purple
Planet 5 - Medium Green (cold zone)
Planet 6 - Green Gas Giant
Planet 7 - Small Yellow (Orz)
Planet 8 - Medium Green

We have plotted a planetary exploration path: 5-left-6-left-8-upright-4-downright-3-up-2-upleft-1-upright-7

I'm hoping that this system will give some insights or at least some better clues as to what happened to the Androsynth. According to Commander Hayes, this is the system where their homeworld is located, and is possibly the source of where the Inter-Dimensional Fatigue experiments were being worked on by Androsynth scientists.

What were they trying to accomplish? Where they trying to harness a great energy or power source, maybe to become more powerful themselves? Perhaps even to fight back against their Ur-Quan masters? Or could it have been something along the lines of what the Taalo did, and they were trying to find an escape? Or was it more like how the Melnorme partially implied, and the research was more related to finding different possible means for something even faster than superphotonic flight? Faster than HyperDrive and beyond HyperSpace? Something perhaps like *HYUIVBHJHG*? (Whatever that's supposed to be.) Or was it simply just curiosity that ended up getting the best of them? Perhaps we'll find our answers somewhere on one of these planets, and hopefully our own curiosity won't be our final downfall!

As indicated by our standard planetary layout, this system also has at least 4 separate Orz patrols scattered about, and while their presence makes me feel slightly apprehensive, we will continue to maintain level Green Status...for now. However, if even for a moment it seems as if the Orz are taking any type of aggressive action due to our "snooping around" and continuing to investigate the Androsynth's disappearance, we will act swiftly and with strong resolve.

We will set course for the 5th planet. Captain out.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tormuse
Orz *camper*

Post by Tormuse » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:37 am

The Troglodyte wrote:
Death 999 wrote:MORE CARGO BAYS!
Indeed. From the very beginning and throughout this journey, it’s fair to say that many people have tried to drop subtle hints on the necessity of acquiring more cargo pods:
Guys, we're being too subtle. Get out the neon lights and megaphones! :D
The Troglodyte wrote: I've also surmised that with my high dedication to grinding and cleaning out systems, I will eventually have a surplus of resource units; I may be wrong, but this was the case in other resource gathering games I’ve played (e.g. Starflight, Mass Effect 2, etc.)
Well, yes, you will definitely have a surplus. There's no worry about running out of resources; even if you did somehow completely clean out every system in the galaxy, (which would be absurd) you could still get resources from destroying enemy ships and there's an unlimited supply of those.

It's just a bit silly to be dumping so much of them; that's all. :)