About to try to beat Star Control 2...no spoilers!

This is the place to talk about all things Star Control.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Re: About to try to beat Star Control 2...no spoilers!

Post by The Troglodyte » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:26 pm

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Captain's Log (cont.) - Feb 23, 2156 - Gamma Vulpeculae - Yellow Alert

When trying to understand something that has already been roughly interpreted into English, there are going to be many different things to take into account when determining what is trying to be said, and the most important factor seems to be the context. My Communications Officer asked me to write this phrase down as she dictated it to me for an example:

“I’ve determined whether states in the United States that are good.”

Then she asked me, “What message is trying to be conveyed here?” Maybe it just needs “or not” added on to the ending, so the phrase would be adjusted to read, “I’ve determined whether states in the U.S. that are good or not.” But then we could change the beginning of the sentence and omit the word "that" to adjust the grammar, so it becomes, “I am determining whether states in the U.S. are good or not.” But a different interpretation would keep the verb usage in its past tense but insert an adjective, move around a few words, and drop the conjunctions entirely, so it would then say:

“I’ve determined which states are good in the U.S.”

Okay, this seems sensible enough, now only very little has actually been changed and the message seems to coincide with what the speaker was trying to say, so I provided the aforementioned phrase as my answer to the message. There’s just one problem… our Comm. Off. then informed me that I actually misspelled the word “whether,” which was supposed to be the word “weather,” and this of course changes everything. The final solution would then have been a much different outcome:

“I’ve determined states in the U.S. that have good weather.”

This is indeed a crude example, but it shows what we’re basically up against. Of course the Orz aren’t misspelling words, so to speak, but they’re obviously associating words that best describe things from their perspective, based on how those terms apply to the reality as they understand it, which is why words like “camper,” “party,” “house,” “games,” “dancing” and other various words have a different meaning to them, but it is likely the closest equivalent when it pertains to how they see things, and how our translation computer puts them into words we can perceive and try to comprehend, which of course is further complicated by the Orz’ much different application of past, present and future tense usage, which seems to present its own conundrum.

Summary of First Encounter Conversation:

When we first contacted the Orz, they greeted us as campers and hoped we like to play, asking if it was time to play yet. “Campers” possibly comes from their ideology of any sentient being in this dimension to have a temporary residence, or a finite existence, hence the camping insinuation. Then again, it could be about how we travel the stars using spacefaring technology, and even a more basic reason would be that it is assigned to any unknown stranger they've met. "Playing" to them may be along the lines of being friendly, peaceful and cooperative, but could also mean fighting on the same side, or possibly us fighting each other for sport; even after many encounters it’s still difficult for us to know for sure, since some of their more innocent-sounding words sometimes have violent meanings in application.

When we asked them various questions about themselves, they described themselves as being happy people energy from the outside, but they like being here on the inside, where it is bright and smooth while the other place is frumple and hurts them, but they can germinate here. We’ve interpreted this to mean how they correlate the different dimensions (inside and outside) and described ours as best as they could (bright and smooth), and how they can exist and develop (germinate) in this realm, and they prefer it over the other, to which they added they never want to go back, whereas the description of “frumple” seems to be a derogatory term, and they’ve also been looking for us, which is kind of scary.

This is when we began asking about the Androsynth, to which the Orz asked if we wanted to see their toys, and they inferred that we do not, and they also don’t want to tell stories about the silly Androsynth. When we persisted, they claimed we are too close and sick for the last time, and they are now squeezing the juice, which they followed up by attacking us. When we later tried a different approach when asking about the Androsynth, they described it as frumple several times, and warned us that if we ask the question again they will be dancing and dissolving us campers.

Looking back, in the first case, the Orz were probably threatening us at first, saying that the Androsynth are not here while they, the Orz, are here, and unless we’d like to see their weapons (toys) in action, we’d better stop asking questions about the Androsynth. Then, after pressing the issue, we were now considered to be too suspicious and meddling (silly), this was the last straw (sick for the last time) and squeezing the juice somehow means they are infuriated and are going to attack, perhaps it refers to the action of having to do something arduous to accomplish something, but that may be a reach. “Dancing” would then be the action of engaging in battle and “dissolving” seems to imply destroying us. Well, at least now we know.

Captain out.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him! I’ll chase him ’round the moons of Nibia and ’round the Antares maelstrom and ’round Perdition’s flames before I give him up!” ― Khan Noonien Singh

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:36 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Captain’s Log (cont.) – Feb 23, 2156 – Gamma Vulpeculae – Yellow Alert
Orz Communiqués: Part 2
We have finished combing over the conversations with the Orz, and I’m having those documents logged away for future reference. The following are a few cherry-picked conversations that include some pertinent materials and what it has revealed about the Orz:

Orz - "So much the better! Orz have been waiting for *alliance* time. I will show you the *inside*. It is so good that you will never leave. Oh, I am so excited for expecting *alliance parties*. Yes! Yes! Reconsider is best."

When we responded with the friendliest replies, the Orz immediately wanted to get an alliance underway, and they would act disappointed when we were reluctant to take them up on their offer. It’s really the “you will never leave” part that gives me the creeps. We still kept wanting to learn more about them, so we asked them many times about why they are here and where are they from, and one of their responses included their opinion about the Arilou Lalee'lay:

Orz - "You are a *silly* *camper*. I am always Orz. If I was not Orz, then I would not be, but of course I am Orz. We are from the *outside*. Also the Arilou *quick babies* are from *outside*. It is the same, but not. Orz are from *below*, Arilou are from *above*. Orz does not like Arilou. Arilou are too much trouble. We can not have *parties* when Arilou always *jumping in front*. It makes Orz *frumple* so much. These are *fat* words. Do you want to play this some more?"

They refer to them as “quick babies,” and this might have much to do with the speed and maneuverability of their Skiffs, along with its ability to teleport and who knows what else they’re capable of once they’re in the other dimension, which, according to the Orz, is from the same one as they are, but they don’t like the Arilou very much since they are troublesome and always getting in their way or stopping them somehow (jumping in front).

Their own version of “space” may be completely different than our own, since they refer to themselves as being from “below” while the Arilou are from “above,” so a simple comparison would be how a fish’s realm is much different than a bird’s, but the analogy may just be a reference to a different location and nothing else. They also offered a little bit of information on the nature of their existence, but it is very confusing and all we can really do is speculate as to what it really means:

Orz - "That is *funny*. You think you *see* Orz but Orz are not *light reflections*. Maybe you think Orz are *many bubbles* too. It is such a joke. Orz are not *many bubbles* like *campers*. Orz are just Orz. I am Orz. I am one with many *fingers*. My *fingers* reach through into *heavy space* and you *see* *Orz bubbles* but it is really *fingers*. Maybe you do not even *smell*? That is sad. *Smelling* *pretty colors* is the best *game*.”

Yeah, like I said…confusing. However, this does seem to explain as to why the Orz don’t really seem bothered by violence, destruction and death, for when I chose to act more challenging and demanded their compliance, they replied, "*Extra sick fish* need *special training* for extra *fun*." and then they attacked us. Even after destroying quite a lot of their ships in several skirmishes, each time we approached them they responded by recognizing our aggression, but they surprisingly wouldn’t react with extreme measures. In fact, they almost acted like it was all some sort of a “game” to them:

Orz - "Orz are find you! You do not *play* with Orz so it is not even *happy town*. Orz are think that *dissolving* is a better chance for you. This is a good plan. Orz are accomplishing this for better *games*. Now is time for *dissolving*."

Furthermore, if we apologized the Orz treated the whole situation like there was really no harm done, so it seems that they place a different value on life, since they may exist on a different set of terms than just our simple rules of “life and death.” They imply the claim that they are extensions of their existential selves (fingers), inferring that what we are seeing is not really who they are, but rather the part of them that has become present in this dimension (heavy space). When they say we can’t “smell,” it may be in reference to our limited capacity of sensory perception which may come naturally to those beings who can traverse the dimensions like they can.

I'm pretty positive now that they are indeed explorers, but on a set of parameters that is different from what is usually involved in conventional exploration, and thankfully their sphere of influence is currently confined to the Vulpecula stars; I think I'd prefer it to stay that way for now.

The main thing I find quite disturbing is our inability to understand their sense of values, and I wonder if it’s just not coming through from our translation and interpretation, or is it all just because their motives are more clandestine and fiendish than we’d like to believe and the truth is they’re really hiding daggers under their cloaks? It’s difficult to be certain.

We will continue to analyze the Orz transmissions. Zelnick out.
“He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him! I’ll chase him ’round the moons of Nibia and ’round the Antares maelstrom and ’round Perdition’s flames before I give him up!” ― Khan Noonien Singh

Tormuse
Nnnnnngaaaa!!!!

Post by Tormuse » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:34 pm

I'm enjoying reading your analysis of the Orz's speech. Of the many mysteries in this game, I think that's the one that confounds people the most. :)
Death 999 wrote:Non-spoiler: that's not water, but alcohol.
I don't remember that from the game. ???-smf Are you joking? Or is there a line somewhere that I don't remember?
The Troglodyte wrote:We got so turned around during the course of many battles that we lost sight of the planet and actually ended up running into it, inflicting massive damage to the hull and killing many of my crew in the process! I still can't even believe it! How can you accidentally run into a planet? Seems inconceivable to me.
I said it before, but I'll say it again:
Tormuse wrote:The top three things that annoy me most in Super Melee:

1) The planet
2) The planet
3) The planet

I'm sure I've lost more crew to the planet than all other ships I've fought combined. Forget freeing people from the Ur-Quan; we should end the tyranny of planets!

The worst is when you're at the edge of the screen and collide with the planet that's just off the edge. Can you imagine that happening in real life? I'm picturing the navigator saying something like, "Sorry sir, I didn't mean to crash into the planet; I just didn't see it coming."

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:38 pm

Tormuse wrote:I'm enjoying reading your analysis of the Orz's speech. Of the many mysteries in this game, I think that's the one that confounds people the most. :)
Thanks, and I’m sure there are several times where my interpretation might be much different than other people’s, but I felt a need to slice through the obscurities and draw some conclusions based on a little logic, a little intuition, and hopefully, a little luck.

I actually went through much of their dialogue and rewrote it according to what I felt like it was saying. For example:
Orz wrote:"*Campers* like to say 'hello' when they *smell* the Orz. We have learned this. It is *no funtion* but Orz want to make *campers* happy everyday. Okay... Hello! Now you are happy I am sure."
To me, this seems like they’re saying:

“Aliens like to say ‘Hello’ when they detect our presence. This is something we have learned. It doesn't accomplish anything important, but since we want you to be happy, ‘Hello.’ I’m sure you’re happy now.”

or

“We’ve learned that in this dimension the various aliens we encounter prefer to initiate a proper greeting when encountering each other to make certain we’re both identifying ourselves as being friendly. Very well then, it doesn’t seem to serve a purpose to us, but if that’s the custom here, then ‘Hello.’ We hope that is sufficient.”

I like to take a simple approach of deciphering followed by a more complex one, and then compare the results. Using this method, it's fairly safe to say that the simple translation probably misses some details behind the meaning, while the complex strategy is more about providing some comprehensive alternatives but in all likelihood over-analyzes and becomes superfluous, so it’s reasonable to believe the exact proper translation is somewhere in the middle, but by examining both sides it makes it much easier to see the general idea of what the Orz are saying, even though I admit it can get very tedious. Sometimes I even mix the two so I'll have something definitive to reference when the need arises.

Here's my personal favorite:
Captain Zelnick wrote:"Just tell me this. Are we in for the same fate as them?"
Orz wrote:"You are not same. You are *happy campers*, but already you know. I will not talking about *silly* Androsynth, now is stop asking. If you are say the question another time, it is *frumple* too much and Orz are *dancing* for *dissolving* the *campers*. I am clear!! You are not so *silly*!"
After mixing simple with complex, I came up with:

“You're not like them, and you should know better! I will not talk about those foolish Androsynth anymore, and you'd better stop asking about them! You're starting to piss me off, so if you ask us about them one more time, we will attack and destroy your vessel! Am I being crystal clear? Don’t be stupid!!”

To be honest, creatures like the Orz are what I find the most fascinating and they've become a fast favorite for me; at least the explorer side of me, that is. I really appreciate the unknown factor, which the Orz provide in great abundance! I also find it fun and rewarding to print out their dialogue and attempt to pinpoint what they’re really trying to say, and the foreknowledge that there’s liable to be some inaccuracies brings a better sense of diligence and makes the effort all the more worthwhile.

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:30 pm

Captain’s Log (cont.) – Feb 23, 2156 - Gamma Vulpeculae – Status: Green
Orz Communiqués: Final Report
The next time we ran into the Orz we hailed them and said it was good to see them again, and they revealed some information about the Taalo by giving us the coordinates of Delta Vulpeculae and referencing something they called the “Playground,” which could very well be the Taalo homeworld the Melnorme mentioned before, which we will definitely have to investigate upon leaving this system:

Orz - "Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*. The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go. It more fun than several. The *Playground* is 372.1, 261.9 your *silly* numbers. You can go there for too much fun."

A little bit later, they mentioned the Taalo again, along with more about the Androsynth and Arilou as well:

Orz - "I will tell you again the many *pieces*. You do not know *special things*. Here is some. *Time* is not one but many. *Space* is many. *Colors* are many. You are so *sticky*. You cannot *slide* like Orz from *outside* to *inside* and *in between*. It is sad, but Orz can *pull* the *campers* after being *connected*. This is soon. Orz are trying to *pull* the Androsynth, but they are so *silly*, they do not want. Arilou can *slide*. Also Taalo. Many can *slide*, but Orz are better of course."

The insights of "special things" they were willing to share didn't really reveal anything profound; it actually created more questions than answers. One thing we can surmise is that the Orz seem to be admitting at least some level of involvement as it pertains to the Androsynth, and they also described the Androsynth as not wanting to be "pulled" by the Orz. Very disturbing. Just like the Orz and Arilou, the Taalo can also "slide" between dimensions, which leaves an optimistic outlook that the Taalo race may still be alive, having escaped annihilation by fleeing to a different dimension! Then… the other shoe drops:

Orz - "Here is *good news*! Six or nine *pieces* ago, myself the Orz did not even *smell* your *level*. Can you believe? It is so silly! It is such a *happy town*. Then the Androsynth made some *slippery places* and then Orz can *smell* it. It *smells* so good Orz are surprised! I, myself pushed the *fingers* into the *new town* and there are so many *campers*. First the VUX, but they are such *silly cows* they ask so much about the Androsynth we must *dance* with them. Then we can *smell* the Arilou. Again they are *jumping in front*. It is always! Nnnnggaaahhhhh! There is *juice squeezing* and then we are not so *frumple*. Finally we find you, the *happy campers* and the Taalo *playground* for sliding through. Where are the Taalo? There they are. It is too much fun. We are too happy, in this *slow time* *heavy space*. It is a better *level* for games. This is the everything story. Now you know."

I myself go through a pretty long list of things before I use the word “cow” to describe the VUX. I find it interesting that the VUX, even with their amazing deciphering technology, haven’t appeared to have very productive encounters with the Orz. The discovery of their lost neighbors and the sudden appearance of the Orz in relatively close proximity must be a shocking nightmare for them!

Perhaps it's been a long time since the Orz were here in our space, it could have been as far back as when the Taalo were around, and this area of space may have undergone much experimentation by the Taalo that was similar to the Androsynth's Inter-Dimensional Fatigue research, which is probably when the Orz first discovered them. Later, when the Androsynth arrived and settled in this area, they may have detected some residual effect left by the Taalo's work, and began conducting experiments of their own, which would at least give a plausible explanation as to why strange dimensional occurrences happen around this region of space. Then, maybe the Orz were able to detect their presence by the crack the Androsynth had opened in the fabric of space, with the end result being vanishing Androsynth and appearing Orz. Just a few theories.

It's actually kind of sad when you think about the plight of the Androsynth, people who have fought so hard to gain their freedom from their Earth creators, only to find themselves enslaved again shortly thereafter by the Ur-Quan. Then consider the juxtaposition of finally finding freedom, but in the form of being forcedly taken from here while frantically clinging in desperation to their former lifestyle of slavery and deprivation as the Orz's ulterior motives come to fruition by means of trading places with the Androsynth, who are now likely trapped in a complete unknown. It’s very troubling indeed.

Uh… yeah. Well, maybe this isn't the best time to mention that I have finally decided for us to make an alliance with the Orz!! Too soon?

Orz - "Hello! I will say again for extra enjoyment. So much a fun game. Hello! Hello! I will *spit* *slow time* words for better *dancing*. Do you know? Orz can *dance* very well. Now you are a *happy camper* and Orz can give *heavy space* ships for *dancing*. Orz will give. Orz ships have the GO! GO!. Do you know? These are best for letting go near *heavy space* planet bodies. Then GO! GO! can going fastest to enter ships of the *other*. Then it is *happy time*."

I’ve never thought of boarding another ship and fighting in close quarters combat as “happy time,” but to each his own, I guess. I’m also assuming this means that as we speak, many Orz are on their way to our Starbase (which they referred to earlier as our “house”) and I never even had to give them directions.

It's a peculiar circumstance of how to go about measuring morality and ethics when it comes to the Orz. I do not by any means trust them, but it's not really about trust. My biggest fear is that we may have to deal with them on a larger scale if we are able to achieve success in our mission. However, I suppose for the meantime, the enemy of my enemy is my friend…

In the 2nd World War of Earth’s mid-20th century history, the Allies didn't want to allow the Soviet Union to join in the fight, but they acquiesced in the face of danger. I can now imagine how FDR and Winston Churchill must have felt when they agreed to ally with Stalin and the Soviet Union, but for the here and now we need allies anyway we can get them to defeat those Nazi caterpillars! I just hope I can live with myself if I were ever to discover I was turning a blind eye to genocide.

We will resume our explorations of Gamma Vulpeculae, so we've set course once again for the 5th planet. It has also just occurred to me that somebody should probably send a sub-space transmission to warn Commander Hayes! Yikes! Captain out.
EDIT: Highlighted for a later reference
Last edited by The Troglodyte on Wed May 31, 2017 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:26 pm

Captain's Log - Feb 26, 2156 - Gamma Vulpeculae, Near Planet 1

We’ve spent the last several days exploring planets in this system, but haven’t found very much of interest, except for the few instances where we encountered a few Orz along the way.

The 5th planet, a white gas giant, has 4 moons, 2 of which are Selenic Worlds with good conditions but only have base metals on the surface, while the other 2 only contained common minerals; one is a Chondrite World and the other a Urea World, and the 2nd planet was a Copper World with only base metals.

The 1st planet turned out to actually be the Orz's homeworld, which, being a blue planet within the green zone, I would take a gander that it might be a Water World, or some such similar world with oceans of ethanol.

We spoke with the Orz for a short time, and the massive number of Orz ships in close proximity triggered the same kind of special protocol within the Vindicator's navigational computer which activated just as it did when we visited the Pkunk’s homeworld in Gamma Krueger, because as soon as we finished our goodbyes, our newly commissioned Pkunk helmsman looked up at me helplessly as the Vindicator immediately left orbit with Orz escort vessels alongside before we could even get close enough to enter orbit and scan the surface or send down the Lander; not that we would've done either of those things, since it would likely offend the Orz for us to start such flagrant trespassing.

One other note: I also activated the time portal to learn how the reaction of the Orz would be if we had made first contact at their homeworld. Surprisingly, they weren’t the least bit offended and were their creepy, yet cordial selves. We’ve recorded the new dialogue for lingual analysis but preliminary results didn’t reveal any newfound information. I then returned back to our current timeline, which is now. (Of course it’s now, it’s always now…well, to me anyway.) As the Orz would say, I am tired.

We have set course for the 3rd planet. Captain out.
Captain's Log - Feb 27, 2156 - Gamma Vulpeculae, Planet 3

We have just entered orbit of the 3rd planet, another Copper World with good conditions but it only has base metals, 13 deposits in total, so we'll be moving on.

We will set course for Delta Vulpeculae. Zelnick out.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tormuse
Nnnnnngaaaa!!!!

Post by Tormuse » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:33 pm

I see Zelnick has been doing his homework! He knows an awful lot about Earth's history for someone born on Unzervalt. ;)

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:02 pm

Tormuse wrote:I see Zelnick has been doing his homework! He knows an awful lot about Earth's history for someone born on Unzervalt. ;)
I must give due credit to Professor Farnsworth, who, besides being an obnoxious, manipulative, egocentric jerk who didn't know squat about properly operating a Precursor computer, was actually a good teacher.

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:41 pm

Captain's Log - Feb 28, 2156 - Delta Vulpeculae

As we left the Gamma Vulpeculae System, we encountered another dumb Slylandro Probe, which is becoming a common occurrence when leaving star systems as of late. We hailed it, listened to it, and then of course destroyed it.

We have now just arrived on the outskirts of the Delta Vulpeculae System, which, just like Gamma Vulpeculae, is one of the six green dwarf stars surrounding the green supergiant Alpha Vulpeculae, and it has eight planets:

Planet 1 - Small Green (warm zone)
Planet 2 - Red Gas Giant (cool zone) (Taalo "Playground"?)
Planet 3 - Small Yellow (Slylandro Probe nearby)
Planet 4 - Small Blue (cold zone begins)
Planet 5 - Medium Blue
Planet 6 - Small Purple
Planet 7 - Small Purple
Planet 8 - Small Orange

Now that I've had the opportunity to plot a course within this constellation, I couldn't help but notice as we zoomed in on this star group how the six smaller surrounding stars are each equidistant from their adjacent neighboring star on either side, and also with the center supergiant star, thus creating a near perfect hexagonal-shaped star cluster. I wonder if there's a possible connection between these conditions and the research and experiments concerning Inter-Dimensional Fatigue by the Androsynth, or whatever the equivalent would have been for when the Taalo possibly performed their own vanishing act. Interesting.

It looks as if we may have the opportunity of finishing Tzzz-Tzer-Tzak's research, the Chenjesu historian who unfortunately, due to the hostile presence of the Androsynth during that time period, was only able to learn that there was an interstellar empire formed in this region of space, and one of those races was (or should I say is?) rock-like and lived somewhere in the Vulpeculae Constellation. Not only have we learned much about that empire, which was called the Sentient Milieu, but we also learned the race's name is the Taalo. Furthermore, we've even learned the location of their former homeworld thanks to the Melnorme, which was also corroborated by the Orz.

Since we're on the subject of the Taalo, I'd like to add how enormously tempting and easy it would be to set a direct course for the second planet and begin our investigation of the "Taalo Playground" the Orz mentioned earlier. This probably also means there will likely be Orz vessels present surrounding the planet; my only hope is that we can somehow talk them into letting us by to examine the planet, and hopefully we can locate the psychic immunity shield device the Melnorme alleged might still be intact, even after the other races of the milieu were forced to attack and eliminate the Taalo. Could the device have somehow survived planetary bombardment? Even if by some miracle it is still there, will it still work after all these thousands of years?

I must admit it's quite exhilarating to be on the threshold of such a possible important discovery, but we will have our answers soon enough. However, the eighth planet is simply too close to pass up, so we will travel there before heading to the second planet and then we'll work our way outwards through the rest of this system.

We have plotted a planetary exploration path: 8-upright-2-left-1-upright-4-downright-3-downright-5-upright-6-right-7

There's also a pesky Probe near the third planet we need to keep an eye on. We encounter them so often these days we have implemented a new policy to not go to Yellow Alert until within short-range sensors distance; this is to alleviate the mundane procedure of constantly switching alert status. Instead, we stay at Green Status, but with a "Purple Warning" (of course purple for Probe) on all consoles and within corridors, so that everybody is still aware that a Probe has been detected in the vicinity.

We will set course for the sec...the secon...I mean, the 8th planet. Zelnick out.

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:31 am

Tormuse wrote:I'm enjoying reading your analysis of the Orz's speech. Of the many mysteries in this game, I think that's the one that confounds people the most. :)
Death 999 wrote:Non-spoiler: that's not water, but alcohol.
I don't remember that from the game. ???-smf Are you joking? Or is there a line somewhere that I don't remember?
The official hint book ('resource guide') says it. The game text does not contain the string 'lcohol', so I guess that's the only support for this assertion.