Where are you heading?

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

User avatar
The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags
Posts: 1380
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:16 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: Where are you heading?

Post by The Troglodyte » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:20 am

Saria wrote:
The Troglodyte wrote:What the heck are Gamergaters?
I say this with the utmost respect: please google it. I'd rather not derail this thread further into that direction. It has already been covered extensively by other sources and discussed in the thread I linked.

I felt that this was an appropriate place to post an apology since this is "where I am going" - to a place of recognizing my own wrongs - without bumping a topic that didn't need to be bumped, but if my post is going to derail this thread Into a discussion about that event then please delete my post. I refuse to be part of another problem.
Saria, please pardon my ill-timed rapid-fire response. I have taken the time to visit that thread and read more about that topic and I now realize the level of scrutiny it endured, but I won't say more on the subject so I don't come across as trying to continue this line of discussion.
“He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him! I’ll chase him ’round the moons of Nibia and ’round the Antares maelstrom and ’round Perdition’s flames before I give him up!” ― Khan Noonien Singh

User avatar
Saria
Pkunk Elder
Posts: 308
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:17 am
Location: Can Town
Contact:

Re: Where are you heading?

Post by Saria » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:51 am

The Troglodyte wrote:
Saria wrote:
The Troglodyte wrote:What the heck are Gamergaters?
I say this with the utmost respect: please google it. I'd rather not derail this thread further into that direction. It has already been covered extensively by other sources and discussed in the thread I linked.

I felt that this was an appropriate place to post an apology since this is "where I am going" - to a place of recognizing my own wrongs - without bumping a topic that didn't need to be bumped, but if my post is going to derail this thread Into a discussion about that event then please delete my post. I refuse to be part of another problem.
Saria, please pardon my ill-timed rapid-fire response. I have taken the time to visit that thread and read more about that topic and I now realize the level of scrutiny it endured, but I won't say more on the subject so I don't come across as trying to continue this line of discussion.
Thank you The Troglodyte, and please don't worry, I'm the one who brought it up in the first place, I just don't want to give it more attention beyond my apology. I'd welcome any private messages from you (and anyone else) on the subject, since me posting such a message, referencing said event, and then requesting that the event itself not being discussed in the thread where I posted the message is problematic. Unfortunately, to give context on how I want to move forward, I felt it necessary to reflect on the past momentarily within this thread.

User avatar
The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags
Posts: 1380
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:16 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: Where are you heading?

Post by The Troglodyte » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:16 pm

Saria wrote:Thank you The Troglodyte, and please don't worry, I'm the one who brought it up in the first place, I just don't want to give it more attention beyond my apology. I'd welcome any private messages from you (and anyone else) on the subject, since me posting such a message, referencing said event, and then requesting that the event itself not being discussed in the thread where I posted the message is problematic. Unfortunately, to give context on how I want to move forward, I felt it necessary to reflect on the past momentarily within this thread.
Thanks for your amicable response and the pm request as well, which I certainly will do, once I've had ample time to review the subject matter more thoroughly and formulate a more well-informed opinion.
“He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him! I’ll chase him ’round the moons of Nibia and ’round the Antares maelstrom and ’round Perdition’s flames before I give him up!” ― Khan Noonien Singh

User avatar
Bleeding Star
Ilwrath spawn
Posts: 359
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:04 pm
Location: Transiting

Re: Where are you heading?

Post by Bleeding Star » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:56 pm

So ah, what about that local sports team huh?

In unrelated news, I just moved to China. I am insane.

User avatar
palmpet
Ilwrath torturer
Posts: 462
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:36 pm
Location: Hillopia, currently imprisoned in Invictler Slave Hive.

Re: Where are you heading?

Post by palmpet » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:44 pm

Bleeding Star wrote:So ah, what about that local sports team huh?

In unrelated news, I just moved to China. I am insane.
GO LOCAL SPORTS TEAM!|
"What's the point in being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes."

User avatar
Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth
Posts: 1340
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:09 am
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Re: Where are you heading?

Post by Draxas » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:47 pm

Yaaaay Sports!

I'm guessing you're in China for business? How'd you get roped into that assignment?

User avatar
Saria
Pkunk Elder
Posts: 308
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:17 am
Location: Can Town
Contact:

Re: Where are you heading?

Post by Saria » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:49 pm

Bleeding Star wrote:So ah, what about that local sports team huh?

In unrelated news, I just moved to China. I am insane.
Where in China?

User avatar
Bleeding Star
Ilwrath spawn
Posts: 359
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:04 pm
Location: Transiting

Re: Where are you heading?

Post by Bleeding Star » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:37 am

I'm in Tianjin, of all places, working at one of the Universities. Talk about culture shock!

glory_device
Ilwrath torturer
Posts: 461
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:02 am
Location: Laval, Canada

Re: Where are you heading?

Post by glory_device » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:59 pm

It certainly must be! Don't hesitate to share stories..Always interesting to hear about how it is to be a foreigner in a country.
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo

User avatar
The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags
Posts: 1380
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:16 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: Where are you heading?

Post by The Troglodyte » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:55 pm

Bleeding Star wrote:I'm in Tianjin, of all places, working at one of the Universities. Talk about culture shock!
Wow, having never been out of my own country, I can't even imagine what that must be like!
“He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him! I’ll chase him ’round the moons of Nibia and ’round the Antares maelstrom and ’round Perdition’s flames before I give him up!” ― Khan Noonien Singh

Post Reply