Women on this board

Anything that isn't Star Control. Mind your manners!

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Post Reply
User avatar
Bleeding Star
Ilwrath spawn
Posts: 359
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:04 pm
Location: Transiting

Re: Women on this board

Post by Bleeding Star »

Shiver wrote:
Lukipela wrote:Man, frungylovers is really gone as well. Makes me sad.
You know what, I'm bored. Let's have this fight now. I assert that if Frungy Lovers had been all/mostly males, everyone would shit on them for being perverts. They would not get the occasional fond mention like you just posted, and there would not be a link to their page on the sidebar of PoNaF. Alternate reality Zarla would maybe get a pass for drawing good fan-art, but pretty much every other person from the place would be reviled. Your move.
I have to say when I first went to Frungylovers there weren't enough WTFs in the world. I vaguely knew about shipping and slashfic, but Jesus H Christ Star Control is such a niche interest that I never thought there'd be any of that around here. I do find it all a bit peculiar to be honest, people get so incredibly invested in this stuff. Can't you keep your porn and your computer games separate like normal people?

P.S. Yeah it'd be totally creepier if they were dudes.

P.P.S And I think Saria also draws good fan art. I don't think they're the same person.
User avatar
Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags
Posts: 1632
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: Women on this board

Post by Angelfish »

Bleeding Star wrote:
Shiver wrote:
Lukipela wrote:Man, frungylovers is really gone as well. Makes me sad.
You know what, I'm bored. Let's have this fight now. I assert that if Frungy Lovers had been all/mostly males, everyone would shit on them for being perverts. They would not get the occasional fond mention like you just posted, and there would not be a link to their page on the sidebar of PoNaF. Alternate reality Zarla would maybe get a pass for drawing good fan-art, but pretty much every other person from the place would be reviled. Your move.
I have to say when I first went to Frungylovers there weren't enough WTFs in the world. I vaguely knew about shipping and slashfic, but Jesus H Christ Star Control is such a niche interest that I never thought there'd be any of that around here. I do find it all a bit peculiar to be honest, people get so incredibly invested in this stuff. Can't you keep your porn and your computer games separate like normal people?

P.S. Yeah it'd be totally creepier if they were dudes.

P.P.S And I think Saria also draws good fan art. I don't think they're the same person.
To be honest I don't see why gender is such an issue on the internet.
Besides that I like the way that frungylovers explores sexuality, in ways that are way ahead of most people's cultures :).
User avatar
Shiver
Arilou wiseguy
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:03 am

Re: Women on this board

Post by Shiver »

Bleeding Star wrote:P.P.S And I think Saria also draws good fan art. I don't think they're the same person.
I don't either. I was talking about Zarla.
User avatar
Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper
Posts: 2882
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:03 pm
Location: Dead World

Re: Women on this board

Post by Lukipela »

Shiver wrote:Well that... wasn't much of an argument. ???-smf So much for my inflammatory post.

Sorry :( I'm old and too tired to argue and as I said I don't disagree, so we'll have to find somethign else to argue about.
Angelfish wrote:To be honest I don't see why gender is such an issue on the internet.
Probably for the same reasons that gender is an issue off the internet?
User avatar
Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags
Posts: 1632
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: Women on this board

Post by Angelfish »

Lukipela wrote: Probably for the same reasons that gender is an issue off the internet?
yeah I guess so, but the internet is a place where it doesn't really matter what gender you are, you can be judged by what you say, whether it's a man, a woman, or an eight headed monster with tentacles on the other side.. We fail to grasp its true potential! :)
chenjesuwizard
Malfunctioning M:bot
Posts: 849
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:17 am

Re: Women on this board

Post by chenjesuwizard »

It's an issue because although it would be great to live in a gender-blind society, we don't, so because of that its useful to look at trends on the internet of why certain genders are less apparent in some communities or others.
While I agree that you can just be anything you want on the internet, and good for you for doing so, it doesn't erase the fact that some men on the internet will attack women for their gender. That's why genders an issue, as some people still judge by it.
User avatar
Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags
Posts: 1632
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: Women on this board

Post by Angelfish »

chenjesuwizard wrote:It's an issue because although it would be great to live in a gender-blind society, we don't, so because of that its useful to look at trends on the internet of why certain genders are less apparent in some communities or others.
While I agree that you can just be anything you want on the internet, and good for you for doing so, it doesn't erase the fact that some men on the internet will attack women for their gender. That's why genders an issue, as some people still judge by it.
it's the other way around aswell..
chenjesuwizard
Malfunctioning M:bot
Posts: 849
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:17 am

Re: Women on this board

Post by chenjesuwizard »

Angelfish wrote:
chenjesuwizard wrote:It's an issue because although it would be great to live in a gender-blind society, we don't, so because of that its useful to look at trends on the internet of why certain genders are less apparent in some communities or others.
While I agree that you can just be anything you want on the internet, and good for you for doing so, it doesn't erase the fact that some men on the internet will attack women for their gender. That's why genders an issue, as some people still judge by it.
it's the other way around aswell..
Examples?
User avatar
Nuclear
Yehat Revolutionist
Posts: 756
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:28 am
Location: Citadel Station

Re: Women on this board

Post by Nuclear »

I got Angelfish covered in the gamergate thread :D-smf

In addition, there was recently a viral video presenting a woman pretending to be drunk in order to study the reaction of random men around her. The video was meant to be a "social experiment". Naturally, the men in the video were sleazy horndogs, offering the woman a ride to their home to get some drunk poon. This "experiment" stirred up a shitstorm among feminists everywhere.

The men later came forward on facebook and admitted that they were actually paid actors. Later, the "drunk girl" also came forward and exposed the entire video as a hoax. It was all a staged hate video designed to become viral and cash in on the recent trend of generalizing men as sex crazed monsters. It's sad that attacking men has become so fashionable.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/drunk-girl- ... -1.2107349
Hackers never die. They just terminate and stay resident.
User avatar
Eth
Shining Being of Pure Light and Blissful Love
Posts: 1042
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:39 am
Location: USA

Re: Women on this board

Post by Eth »

You're right Nuclear. This is clear evidence that no man has ever taken advantage of a drunk girl. We can all sleep soundly now.
Post Reply