StarDiver :: Back from the dead

Wish there was something new in the SC universe? Check out what fan based initiatives are going on.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

friken
Orz *camper*

Re: StarDiver :: Back from the dead

Post by friken » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:44 am

Kwayne wrote:I love the art to bits!
And the music is great too. I like the combat music especially for the way it pounds my floor with my subwoofer. Puts me in proper combat mood.
I just noticed your deviant link. Huge Kudos on all the star control HD art! You really nailed the Starcon feel with it all.

ThriveDev
Silly Supox

Post by ThriveDev » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:26 am

I like how combat looks, and music is really cool. Hyperspace theme feels like Starcon2 hyperspace theme. :)

Also, can we contribute somehow? Recently i worked on writing about a essentialy Star Control 2 but with different story, races and stuff so i'd really like to give you some of my ideas.
*Sees quasispace portal* Yes! *Portal dissapears*

friken
Orz *camper*

Post by friken » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:44 pm

ThriveDev wrote:I like how combat looks, and music is really cool. Hyperspace theme feels like Starcon2 hyperspace theme. :)

Also, can we contribute somehow? Recently i worked on writing about a essentialy Star Control 2 but with different story, races and stuff so i'd really like to give you some of my ideas.
I'm glad you like it so far. We have a loooong ways to go but the motivation is still very high around here and the feedback always helps. I definitely do not want to pull any talent or story from the UQM/6014 team, but if you have ideas that are not attached to those projects, feel free to pm me.

We have a pile of rough ideas for our story, races etc but nothing is in stone yet -- though we need to start finalizing it as we are getting close to starting work on the alien dialog system.

friken
Orz *camper*

Post by friken » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:44 pm

We have been working on the sun surface and plasma trail. It has been difficult to get the sun/trails looking great independent of the background (stars/nebulas/different colors). This is one of those cases where a lot of work goes in but I'm not sure if many people will notice the differences.

Video:

ThriveDev
Silly Supox

Post by ThriveDev » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:23 pm

friken wrote:
ThriveDev wrote:I like how combat looks, and music is really cool. Hyperspace theme feels like Starcon2 hyperspace theme. :)

I'm glad you like it so far. We have a loooong ways to go but the motivation is still very high around here and the feedback always helps. I definitely do not want to pull any talent or story from the UQM/6014 team, but if you have ideas that are not attached to those projects, feel free to pm me.

We have a pile of rough ideas for our story, races etc but nothing is in stone yet -- though we need to start finalizing it as we are getting close to starting work on the alien dialog system.
Of course it has nothing to do with UQM and 6014. Lol

friken
Orz *camper*

Post by friken » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:30 pm

Sounds good. Always open to good ideas.

ThriveDev
Silly Supox

Post by ThriveDev » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:45 am

friken wrote:Sounds good. Always open to good ideas.
I've got an idea for a race which i think would fit well.

Nah-Ah (Their name would sound funny with voice overs, that's why it is like that!)
Nah-Ah are crab like creatures with snail like eyes who use their titanium exoskeletons to survive on land as much as they can. Their control boards on spaceships are organized as spider webs (12 strings, 6 on each side, as that is how many legs they have) which they press and pull to control their spaceship.

They call their homeworld Na-Mo (Would sound funny to!), a over flooded several island oceania with no icecaps.
Their homeworld is in right down corner of map.

EDIT: Also, can you please upload that music on YT, its lagging on the curent site for me.

friken
Orz *camper*

Post by friken » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:46 am

ThriveDev wrote:
friken wrote:Sounds good. Always open to good ideas.
I've got an idea for a race which i think would fit well.

Nah-Ah (Their name would sound funny with voice overs, that's why it is like that!)
Nah-Ah are crab like creatures with snail like eyes who use their titanium exoskeletons to survive on land as much as they can. Their control boards on spaceships are organized as spider webs (12 strings, 6 on each side, as that is how many legs they have) which they press and pull to control their spaceship.

They call their homeworld Na-Mo (Would sound funny to!), a over flooded several island oceania with no icecaps.
Their homeworld is in right down corner of map.

EDIT: Also, can you please upload that music on YT, its lagging on the curent site for me.
Interesting, thanks for sharing. We'll add it to the alien idea bin. It is a big todo on our minds to start finalizing story elements sooner than later. We have a lot of tidbits for the art we've already made but it needs a good polishing.

We put the music on our IndieDB page at:

http://www.indiedb.com/games/stardiver/videos

friken
Orz *camper*

Post by friken » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:50 am

Slowing getting our initial art workflow and style sorted. The first bridge for the Frik race. They live underground in burrows. Now to move from rough animation to something usable in story dialogue.

ImageImage

ThriveDev
Silly Supox

Post by ThriveDev » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:17 am

friken wrote:Slowing getting our initial art workflow and style sorted. The first bridge for the Frik race. They live underground in burrows. Now to move from rough animation to something usable in story dialogue.

ImageImage
I like it!