p6014 storyline & history ****SPOILERS****

Wish there was something new in the SC universe? Check out what fan based initiatives are going on.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Chenjesu
Hunam adventurer

Re: New SC3 Storyline and SC2 History ****SPOILERS****

Post by Chenjesu »

Dabir wrote:Er... those are the Chenjesu. The explosion of light is the Sun Device.
They were already "awake", that's why they were fighting in the Alliance and they go through effort to protect various races like the Zoq-Fot-Pik, how could the captain "disturb" them? And when the captain approached Procyon for the first time the Chmmr weren't angry with him at all, in fact they would have helped had they completed the merging process at that point.
Alvarin wrote:ORZ, for example, state specifically that it is a singular being. It also is logical and easy to grasp concept. Think of a hand half protruding from beneath a water surface. Each finger appears to be slightly different, but with clear anatomical/structural similarity. Each finger has distinct sensory abilities. The fingers are still a part of single whole despite appearing separate, individual beings. The fingers are NOT able to evolve to be separate things...
It's a good idea to have and I realy wish we could do it for the Orz, but after thinking about it, each "finger" has two eyes, a mouth, a brain and limbs which is a striking resemblance to almost every other race in the galaxy, and other races as we know are biologically not the same organism and that can't be ignored. Either we should use this for the Nnngn, or we need some better way to explain it.

Furthermore I was looking through the SC2 sa-matra quotes and found this http://www.sa-matra.net/quotes/orz/

"Ahaa! I am told other Orz *cousins* you are *connected* for *camping*."

If they were all the same organism, why would they need to tell each other anything? If one Orz learned something then they would all automatically know what that single "finger" had learned.

And though they usually use the term "Orz are" they still use the terms "We are" and "We are not" as opposed to "I am/am not" and say even "Hello, we are Orz", suggesting that whenever they use the term "Orz" they are referring to the plural form and not the singular form when talking about the culmination of their species.

There is however this dialogue

"We are not trusting. We like to be *together*.
Do you want to be *together* with us?
Always the other *sad animals* go away, but first we have lots of fun.
Too many fun is not enough!! Do you agree?
I think you *smell* like you do.
This is the story about trusting.
It is sad and makes many Orz *dissolve* or burst into several.
Why is it that you are trusting? What a funny question.
I am tired."

Based on what I've seen, dissolve seems either to mean sliding through into another dimension or destroying something, or fading into a lower dimensional plane. Since they offered the captain to be *together* with them, perhaps there is still some different way we can play off being the same organism. Maybe they want to merge dimensions or something? I don't know right now.

They do say however "*Dangerous* is not the way! Orz are happy *fun* days all the time." so I don't think their secrets are destructive or sinister.
Alvarin wrote:Chenjesu - I think that you should perhaps thoroughly re-play SC2. The discrepancies with the original plot are really a downer.
If you want to join the team as a fact checker because you have every line of SC2 memorized and can quickly catch "discrepancies" you're more than welcome to join, in fact I've been seeking out people like that so mistakes can be caught sooner. Otherwise I've played through the game 5 times, I only remember most of what I had been said in the dialogue, and this is also why I'm going though multiple drafts (which I guess you didn't notice).
Last edited by Chenjesu on Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:06 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin »

I am quite bad with story-telling skills... Fact checking I can do, but my real life schedule does not leave me with enough time to participate in any project with dedication. I don't think that being able to provide occasional inputs is enough to be a part of a writing team.
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.
Chenjesu
Hunam adventurer

Post by Chenjesu »

Alvarin wrote:I am quite bad with story-telling skills... Fact checking I can do, but my real life schedule does not leave me with enough time to participate in any project with dedication. I don't think that being able to provide occasional inputs is enough to be a part of a writing team.
Then I guess you'll just have to be happy with me sticking stuff up here. Although we've actually had a sort of change in heart. We are going to try and create the p6014 plot first, and then modify it and create the history necessary for it to be logical.
Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin »

Heh, pretty polite way to say GTFO...
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.
Maloo Oture
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Maloo Oture »

SO MUCH HOSTILITY!!!!

haha. No We're all happy to be getting this done. we've got stardock, p6014, uqm HD... these are the times people!
Chenjesu
Hunam adventurer

Post by Chenjesu »

Well I guess with the Orz we have three options.
A: use the "one higher dimensional organism" idea anyway, but the Nnngn won't be as interesting and it won't make complete biological sense,
B: use it for the Nnngn but come up with a most likely less awesome idea that involves the Orz true form in a hyper dimension,
C: Have both of those races have that property but seem somewhat lazy and redundant in the eyes of people who play the game.

And we still have to explain why the Orz would still be so defensive about other races knowing they are all one organism.
oldlaptop
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by oldlaptop »

Chenjesu wrote: It's a good idea to have and I realy wish we could do it for the Orz, but after thinking about it, each "finger" has two eyes, a mouth, a brain and limbs which is a striking resemblance to almost every other race in the galaxy, and other races as we know are biologically not the same organism and that can't be ignored. Either we should use this for the Nnngn, or we need some better way to explain it.
Go argue with TFB about how the Orz can't be one being, if you're so sure they were wrong.
Play Supermelee online in #uqm-arena!
Netmelee Improvement Mod
Chenjesu
Hunam adventurer

Post by Chenjesu »

oldlaptop wrote:
Chenjesu wrote: It's a good idea to have and I realy wish we could do it for the Orz, but after thinking about it, each "finger" has two eyes, a mouth, a brain and limbs which is a striking resemblance to almost every other race in the galaxy, and other races as we know are biologically not the same organism and that can't be ignored. Either we should use this for the Nnngn, or we need some better way to explain it.
Go argue with TFB about how the Orz can't be one being, if you're so sure they were wrong.
I didn't say it's impossible for them to be, but TBD did not give enough evidence to confirm it, they didn't even give enough evidence to confirm the Taalo, they had to flat out say "yes the Taalo are still alive". Did you even read the rest of my post or did your eyes somehow fixate on that single sentence? I gave numerous reasons to doubt it and why we either need a better way to explain it or a different idea so that we can use that idea for the Nnngn, which is not a bad idea considering they are hive minded.
Maloo Oture
Ilwrath torturer

Post by Maloo Oture »

Chenjesu wrote:
oldlaptop wrote:
I didn't say it's impossible for them to be, but TBD did not give enough evidence to confirm it, they didn't even give enough evidence to confirm the Taalo, they had to flat out say "yes the Taalo are still alive". Did you even read the rest of my post or did your eyes somehow fixate on that single sentence? I gave numerous reasons to doubt it and why we either need a better way to explain it or a different idea so that we can use that idea for the Nnngn, which is not a bad idea considering they are hive minded.

Here is the dialogue with the Orz about them being one...

That is *funny*. You think you *see* Orz but Orz are not *light reflections*.
Maybe you think Orz are *many bubbles* too. It is such a joke.
Orz are not *many bubbles* like *campers*. Orz are just Orz.
I am Orz. I am one with many *fingers*.
My *fingers* reach through into *heavy space* and you *see* *Orz bubbles*
but it is really *fingers*.
Maybe you do not even *smell*? That is sad.
*Smelling* *pretty colors* is the best *game*.

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

Hello! I will say again for extra enjoyment. So much a fun game.
Hello! Hello! Next I will *spit* *slow time* words to you for better *dancing*.
Do you know? Orz can *dance* very well.
Now you are a *happy camper* and Orz can make *heavy space* ships for *dancing*.
Orz ships have the *GO! GO!*. Do you know?
These are best for letting go near *heavy space* planet bodies.
Then *GO! GO!* can going fastest to enter ships of the *other*.
Then it is *happy time*.

Even more *pleasant combinations*. I am *successful* the most.
Perhaps after the biggest *party* you will understanding the Orz
and I can showing you other *levels*.
There are so many, but you only *play* on this one.
One is not enough.
We are *friends* now. Never be afraid to *open* enough and *spread the wax*.
Chenjesu
Hunam adventurer

Post by Chenjesu »

There is one last thing though, which can perhaps finally explain the Orz motives. Perhaps originally the Orz were not the same organism. If you read back on one of my lasts quotes, the Orz say something like "Do you want to be *together*?", which to me sounds like they are offering the Humans the chance to become one organism with them. An individual or still implied that other Orz had knowledge that That particular Orz didn't have, so perhaps they sort of "hook up" and attach themselves in a higher dimension, and their ultimate goal is to become one "organism" with various races that they like, and not the ones they dislike. I'd imagine they still have to have some small sense of individuality, but they can perhaps all hear each other's thoughts and they are induced into a sort of hive-minded trance during their individual experiences as being one organism. The thing I can best relate it to is the "Borg" from Star Trek: Next Generation.