Got some new stuff. Please let me know what you think.

Wish there was something new in the SC universe? Check out what fan based initiatives are going on.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

User avatar
kingschosen
Pkunk Captain
Posts: 287
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:22 am
Location: Baton Rouge

Got some new stuff. Please let me know what you think.

Post by kingschosen » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:04 pm

EDIT: All new races (except for one - it's in the works) have been finished. The Slylandro have also been revamped.

Bm'MP
http://www.star-control.com/community/v ... p?f=9&t=73

Shu-Seng
http://www.star-control.com/community/v ... p?f=9&t=74

Fo'lo'ti
http://www.star-control.com/community/v ... p?f=9&t=83

Golkli
http://www.star-control.com/community/v ... p?f=9&t=96

Dhrk
http://www.star-control.com/community/v ... ?f=9&t=100

Mala-Kasa
http://www.star-control.com/community/v ... ?f=9&t=111

Regothe
http://www.star-control.com/community/v ... ?f=9&t=118

Hmsph
http://www.star-control.com/community/v ... ?f=9&t=125

Ttslatur
http://www.star-control.com/community/v ... ?f=9&t=308

Keetron
http://www.star-control.com/community/v ... ?f=9&t=309

Fo'ki'pa
http://www.star-control.com/community/v ... ?f=9&t=331

Durreaux
http://www.star-control.com/community/v ... ?f=9&t=334

Slylandro
http://www.star-control.com/community/v ... ?f=9&t=319

So, I’m doing a little writing and a little creating. Tell what you think about the preamble to all of this. Tell me if there are any discrepancies that I overlooked. I’ll go into further detail on the races that I created later.

I will start off by explaining the timeline of events that are taking place in my SC world. Since most of SC3 is considered non-canon, I am acting as if the event of SC3 never took place; however, I am including the races along with the Kessari Quadrant because I feel that they are essentially good ideas but were used poorly.

It is 150 years since the destruction of the Sa-Matra and 22 years since the discovery of the Kessari Quadrant. Captain Zelnick is remembered as the savior of the galaxy. Races that are united under the cause of freedom are known as the United League. Relative peace has been obtain albeit minor altercations. Hyperspace still works. Warp Bubble technology has been discovered, but instead of it being located via starship, it is stationary. Translocators have been built by the League and placed near the Human, Chmmr, Utwig, and Yehat homeworlds. These Translocators are guarded by the respective races and send travelers to the Kessari Quadrant. Likewise, Translocators have been placed in the Kessari Quadrant and are guarded by fellow League members who have taken residence within the Kessari Quadrant.

Diplomatic efforts have been moderately successful for the League within the Kessari Quadrant. The Kessari Coalition have joined forces with the League. Certain races have been suppressed by the League because of their history thus limiting their starfleets (ala Germany/Japan post WWII).

Recently, there have unidentified attacks, and the League has suffered significant casualties. Only in the past few months has the League identified the new threat. A race called the Keetron has inexplicably appeared in the two quadrants. They have encased races in a slave shield that is very similar to the Kzer-Za's that was used in the Doctrinal Conflict. Their motives are unclear; however, it is clear that they are volatile and unfriendly with any race that wears League or Coalition colors. They have begun to recruit other races to their cause called The Turning which is causing dissension within the quadrants. Mysteriously, the Kohr-Ah have reappeared with the arrival of the Keetron, and much to the chagrin of the League, the League was surprisingly attacked by Chenjesu Broodhomes and Mmrnmhrm X-Forms.

Allegiances:

League-
Human, Chmmr, Shofixti, Yehat, Syreen, Spathi, Pkunk, Slylando, Supox, Utwig, Thraddash, and the Zoq-Fot-Pik
League Suppressed-
Ur-Quan Kzer-Za, Ilwrath, Mycon, and the VUX

Kessari Coalition
Clairconctlar, Doog, Harika and Yorn, Bm’Mp, Shu-Seng, Dhrk, Exquivan, and the Regothe

The Turning-
Keetron, Ur-Quan Kohr-Ah, Chenjesu, Mmrnmhrm, Ploxis, K’tang, Ysioglaf (Herald), Vyro-Ingo, Golkli, Ttslatur, Fo’lo’ti, and the Mala-Kasa
The Turning Encased
Owa, Lk, Xchagger

Unaligned-
Druuge, Melnorme, Daktaklakpak, Arilou, Orz, and the Umgah

Unknown
Durreaux, Fo'ki'pa, Hmsph
Last edited by kingschosen on Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:00 am, edited 7 times in total.

User avatar
Nuclear
Yehat Revolutionist
Posts: 756
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:28 am
Location: Citadel Station

Re: Got some new stuff. Please let me know what you think.

Post by Nuclear » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:00 pm

I'm pretty sure that its part of the DakTakLacPacs corupted programing to join any alliance that will best help them find precourser artifacts so it would be somewhat unusual for them to remain unaligned when there are plenty of races to join up with. Then again, I'm not sure anyone can understand them without the translation records but just look at the Orz :P
Hackers never die. They just terminate and stay resident.

User avatar
Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper
Posts: 2882
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:03 pm
Location: Dead World

Re: Got some new stuff. Please let me know what you think.

Post by Lukipela » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Hmm, some general comments. You may already have thought of these, but it's not mentioned in your material, so who knows?

If SC3 didn't happen, why does the Alliance go to the Kessari Quadrant? In SC3 there is a clear reason for going there, that's where Bad Things will happen and need to be stopped. But if there is no vision and no bogeyman, why would the Alliance pick that quadrant? Colonisation isn't really a good reason, surely there's a lot of free space in close-by Quadrants that can be easily reached by Hyperspace. There has to be an impedus, some reason that a far away Quadrant is at all interesting, other than "some other races live there".

Also, Hyperspace brings another problem. The main Crux races aren't native to the Kessari Quadrant, they came from the Crux Quadrant. the reason they could snare so many races was because of the fact that everyone was stuck without HyperSpace. I mean, do you think the Ploxis could have just dropped in and kidnapped the Stone Queen if the Claircontlar fleet had been able to move between systems instead of being isolated. there were plenty of races resisiting the Crux even with being stuck, and more would have resisted if Hyperspace was around.

I'm also unsure to way the enemy races in the Kessari Quadrant haven't been suppressed, or driven back to their Home Quadrant. If the Alliance is tough enough to keep our local bad boys in check, why not the two or three races that would actively oppose us in the Kessari Quadrant?

And if we managed to capture and surpress the kzer-Za, there needs to be some pretty good reason that the Kohr-Ah managed to just up and vanish for 150 years. The alliance has faster ships and even if it couldn't stop them, it should've ben able to keep an eye on them. A race of genocidal maniacs would probably be a priority for the Alliance to keep tabs on. if nothing else, you could warn any races in their path.

And the Kohr-Ah don't really play well with others, so having them on a team needs some really good reason. I can't think of a single thing that'd let join a group of others.

So that's some comments. Hope they helped.

User avatar
kingschosen
Pkunk Captain
Posts: 287
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:22 am
Location: Baton Rouge

Re: Got some new stuff. Please let me know what you think.

Post by kingschosen » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:35 am

Lukipela wrote:Hmm, some general comments. You may already have thought of these, but it's not mentioned in your material, so who knows?

If SC3 didn't happen, why does the Alliance go to the Kessari Quadrant? In SC3 there is a clear reason for going there, that's where Bad Things will happen and need to be stopped. But if there is no vision and no bogeyman, why would the Alliance pick that quadrant? Colonisation isn't really a good reason, surely there's a lot of free space in close-by Quadrants that can be easily reached by Hyperspace. There has to be an impedus, some reason that a far away Quadrant is at all interesting, other than "some other races live there".

Also, Hyperspace brings another problem. The main Crux races aren't native to the Kessari Quadrant, they came from the Crux Quadrant. the reason they could snare so many races was because of the fact that everyone was stuck without HyperSpace. I mean, do you think the Ploxis could have just dropped in and kidnapped the Stone Queen if the Claircontlar fleet had been able to move between systems instead of being isolated. there were plenty of races resisiting the Crux even with being stuck, and more would have resisted if Hyperspace was around.

I'm also unsure to way the enemy races in the Kessari Quadrant haven't been suppressed, or driven back to their Home Quadrant. If the Alliance is tough enough to keep our local bad boys in check, why not the two or three races that would actively oppose us in the Kessari Quadrant?

And if we managed to capture and surpress the kzer-Za, there needs to be some pretty good reason that the Kohr-Ah managed to just up and vanish for 150 years. The alliance has faster ships and even if it couldn't stop them, it should've ben able to keep an eye on them. A race of genocidal maniacs would probably be a priority for the Alliance to keep tabs on. if nothing else, you could warn any races in their path.

And the Kohr-Ah don't really play well with others, so having them on a team needs some really good reason. I can't think of a single thing that'd let join a group of others.

So that's some comments. Hope they helped.
Actually, that helped a lot. It let me think of some other options that I have been toying around with. In fact, this almost solidifies the what I was thinking.

Your first question was why did the League go to the Kessari Quadrant?
Because the Arilou asked the help of the League. The Arilou knew that the races in the Kessari were not nearly strong enough to fight off the Keetron. It was also apparent that the Keetron's cross hairs were on the Home Quadrant as well.

Your second question was why are the SC3 races not in their home quadrant if there was no Crux?
Simple. Their home quadrant is the Kessari Quadrant. Again, there is no need to stick to a strict racial history of the SC3 races if SC3 never actually happened.

Your third question was why we haven't defeated or suppressed the hostile forces in the Kessari Quadrant?
We just recently join the fight in the Kessari Quadrant and the Keetron have a massive stranglehold on it.

Your fourth question was about the Kohr-Ah.
They were eliminated. They were extinct. This is part of my surprise, that I don't know if I want to reveal just yet... I may later. I'll tell you that the Keetron play a major role in their reappearance. This is also why the Kohr-Ah are loyal to them. In the same respect, this is also the reason why the Chenjesu and Mmrnmhrm have joined with the Keetron and violently attack the League.

User avatar
Smoke353
Turnip Farmer
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:26 pm

Re: Got some new stuff. Please let me know what you think.

Post by Smoke353 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:42 am

The Mmrnmhrm I could totally see switching if you say that the Kreeton made the Mother Ark, but I just can't see it with the Chenjesu. Not workin in my head. Also like Luki said with the Kohr-Ah, I can't see the Lk working with anyone. And as much as I loved the Xchagger, you could really do pretty much anything with them if you decide the Crux never wiped them out. Just food for thought.
I was here.

User avatar
kingschosen
Pkunk Captain
Posts: 287
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:22 am
Location: Baton Rouge

Re: Got some new stuff. Please let me know what you think.

Post by kingschosen » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:55 am

Smoke353 wrote:The Mmrnmhrm I could totally see switching if you say that the Kreeton made the Mother Ark, but I just can't see it with the Chenjesu. Not workin in my head. Also like Luki said with the Kohr-Ah, I can't see the Lk working with anyone. And as much as I loved the Xchagger, you could really do pretty much anything with them if you decide the Crux never wiped them out. Just food for thought.
Well, the Chenjesu are have a very good reason... as do the Mmrnmhrm. Hmm, and you're probably right about the Lk... I might switch them to unaligned. Oh, and what do you mean about the Xchagger?

User avatar
Smoke353
Turnip Farmer
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:26 pm

Re: Got some new stuff. Please let me know what you think.

Post by Smoke353 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:58 am

kingschosen wrote: Oh, and what do you mean about the Xchagger?
As I recall, you find a single Xchagger ship off in the middle of nowhere with a single crew, because the Crux destroyed most of their race, then you revive the race similar to the Shofixti in SC2 by finding the lost tribes or something of that nature.


While writing this it occured to me to go back and check your race list, I had thought you put Xchagger under the Turning, not unaligned. My point is now moot. =P
I was here.

User avatar
Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper
Posts: 2882
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:03 pm
Location: Dead World

Re: Got some new stuff. Please let me know what you think.

Post by Lukipela » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:29 am

Hmm, some further thoughts and comments.

First regarding the reasons for being in the Kessari Quadrant, they seem a bit off. The League is there because the Arilou told them to help out, but the Arilou are not in the League. Sidestepping the issue that several League races such as Syreen and Yehat have no reason to trust an ally who screwed them over once before, not all League races seem altruistic. Are the Spathi, ZFP and so forth really going to be that enthusiastic about going off to fight an enemy abroad when they face the same threat at home?Especially when the people telling them to fight aren't doing the same? Although I suppose it could make for some interesting dynamics if some League races are unenthusiastic and some Kessari races resent the foreign intrusion...

Also, why are the Traddash not on the restricted list? If the Ilwrath qualify, wouldn't they?

As for the enemies... Did the League exterminate the Kohr-Ah? That seems brutal to say the least. I've a hard time seeing that happen. Also, irregardless of if the Kohr-Ah are zombies or whatnot, you're going to have to make major changes to make them fit. Large enough that they are Koh-Ah in name only really.

Regarding Crux races being mative to the Kessari quadrant, that means you need to rewrite some backstory. The K'tang and Ploxis stories kind of hinge on them already conquering a Quadrant and using the lack of HS to theiradvantage. If K'tang is a Kessari race, they'll probably have been at war with, and been defeated by, the likes of Claircontlar already. Your new race could shift that balanve much like the Ploxis did previousky though, but then what role do the Ploxis fill?

Just a few things off the top of my head. Also, you don't need to quote my entire post to respond ;)

User avatar
Smoke353
Turnip Farmer
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:26 pm

Re: Got some new stuff. Please let me know what you think.

Post by Smoke353 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:37 am

More food for thought.
Lukipela wrote:Are the Spathi, ZFP and so forth really going to be that enthusiastic about going off to fight an enemy abroad when they face the same threat at home?
I'm not sure it would be that implausible for the ZFP to follow the Hunams and the League into war after saving their race from the Ur-Quan crossfire, even 150 years later. The Spathi on the other hand... I think would have objected to it even if the Captain himself suggested/ordered it. 150 years later, I don't know how they could be convinced. Unless there is a way to push a Spathi far enough to want revenge (on the Chenjesu and Mmrnmhrm perhaps?), you discover the Black Spathi Squadron (which seems doubtful), or the Evil Ones have been kept in stasis all this time (although they may have been destroyed when the Sa-Matra was destroyed). I think the Syreen would be willing to follow the Hunams, but would certainly be uneasy about the Arilou. The Yehat/Pkunk might be weirder to convince (if a Pkunk is still queen), but not impossible. Especially if the Shofixti are willing, which seems quite likely as the hunams did save their race and the Shofixti love a good fight.

Lukipela wrote:Also, why are the Traddash not on the restricted list? If the Ilwrath qualify, wouldn't they?
It's entirely reasonable to assume that when the Captain leaves Thraddash space and doesn't go back (after stealing the Aqua Helix) that the Thraddash return to beating the crap out of each other instead of chasing down hunams, whereas the Ilwrath will always be out hunting other races if they can.
Lukipela wrote:As for the enemies... Did the League exterminate the Kohr-Ah? That seems brutal to say the least. I've a hard time seeing that happen. Also, irregardless of if the Kohr-Ah are zombies or whatnot, you're going to have to make major changes to make them fit. Large enough that they are Koh-Ah in name only really.
The Kohr-Ah were so absolute in their decision to never serve another species again that they destroyed their only friends, and then went on a galaxy-wide genocide to prevent it. I can't see the Kohr-Ah serving anyone unless your bringing back the Dynnari.

Lukipela wrote:Regarding Crux races being mative to the Kessari quadrant, that means you need to rewrite some backstory. The K'tang and Ploxis stories kind of hinge on them already conquering a Quadrant and using the lack of HS to theiradvantage. If K'tang is a Kessari race, they'll probably have been at war with, and been defeated by, the likes of Claircontlar already. Your new race could shift that balanve much like the Ploxis did previousky though, but then what role do the Ploxis fill?
I agree on the K'tang, they would have pissed off the Clairconctlar, Exquivan, or maybe the Hakira/Yorn very shortly after achieving space flight if they were native to the region, and I can't really see them holding their own in a fair fight (hyperspace working).

I don't think it would be much of a stretch to put the Ploxis in a similar role to the Druuge.



Hang on I just realized you seperated the Chmmr. Whered the Chenjesu and Mmrnmhrm come from?
Also did you come up with the Herald name or was that somewhere in SC3?
I was here.

Alen
Hunam adventurer
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:35 am

Re: Got some new stuff. Please let me know what you think.

Post by Alen » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:17 pm

I would suppose that it might be a good reason to go to the quadrant if they found out that Kor-Ah were there with a strong force.

Post Reply