Looking for ship ideas

Wish there was something new in the SC universe? Check out what fan based initiatives are going on.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

MyOtheHedgeFox
Silly Supox

Re: Looking for ship ideas

Post by MyOtheHedgeFox »

Tablet? Looks nice, Krystil!

(1):

I had almost the same laser idea recently: look in the previous posts. =)
I wouldn't call it "laser" (lasers don't need projectile, they are "i press -- it's damaged" attacks, not "i press -- it flies -- it's damaged"), but a "plasma beam".

Secondary attack looks nice.

(2):

Amazing idea!
Though I think it would need something more than just a SC engine.

I think it would be the bane of large and cumbersome ships. What if each whip hit makes it disappear, and you need to press primary attack again after each attack?
The Verse flows throughout Aquaria...
Through each ripple and wave...
Through every living being...
The Verse binds us all as one.
(Aquaria)
Cedric6014
Arilou wiseguy

Post by Cedric6014 »

Krystil wrote:here's two ship designs I drew out, kinda made em up on the spot
That whippy one is a really neat concept. I'd love to consider stealing it for P6014 :)

It probably needs a bit of work to differentiate it from the Pkunk though (in terms of how you use it)
oldlaptop
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by oldlaptop »

Well, there's already ships with significant similarities in tactics/general design (Chenjesu/Kohr-Ah springs to mind, as does Earthling/Mycon), the whip ship would probably even more different from Pkunk in practice than those are from each other.
Play Supermelee online in #uqm-arena!
Netmelee Improvement Mod
Krystil
ZEXy Beast

Post by Krystil »

thanks for the votes of approval, havin a design of mine in a game is a passion since I do game modding myself

and about similarities, there seem to be several ship pairs that do similar things but they're just different methods

anyway, here's a third schematic I cooked up
http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad30 ... rystil.gif
Additional Details
- forgot to write that the special costs 8 battery
- the wave beam has no effect on the umgah's antimatter cone
- the gravity effect, like other inertial-based features has less effect on higher-mass objects and greater on lower, along with having no effect on a normal skiff or probe
- the special can affect any projectile that may be affected by gravity
- orz marines can be repelled by the special
- both types of shielding have no effect on the special
- as it says, the wave projectile will destroy projectiles even if their base damage is higher than the wave's, for instance a 5-damage projectile would be cancelled and the wave would have 1 HP left, and on the other hand it will collide with a dreadnought bolt, along with any 7+ damage mycon plasmoid or FRIED burst, but only one at a time
- the wave beam will get removed from its permanent travel if the ship fires over its limit or it collides with the ship(it won't be damaged), or if 2 is the limit they will cancel each other out
MyOtheHedgeFox
Silly Supox

Post by MyOtheHedgeFox »

It looks nice!

Infinite range in melee equals Arse-Whopping Menacing Projectile of Looping Around The Arena Infinitely Until It Hits Your Ship's Tail When You Pillbox. =) Maybe Druuge's range would be enough?

Speaking of infinite range, try playing Crazy Mode. Druuge primary shot gets infinite range there -- and you really can hit your tail with your own shot if it does not find a planet or an asteroid on its way.
VUX Intruder gets infinite range laser there -- and there you can see what "infinite range" means: the beam literally tears through the whole screen multiple times. However, that laser does not hit your ship.
The Verse flows throughout Aquaria...
Through each ripple and wave...
Through every living being...
The Verse binds us all as one.
(Aquaria)
oldlaptop
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by oldlaptop »

MyOtheHedgeFox wrote:It looks nice!

Infinite range in melee equals Arse-Whopping Menacing Projectile of Looping Around The Arena Infinitely Until It Hits Your Ship's Tail When You Pillbox. =) Maybe Druuge's range would be enough?

Speaking of infinite range, try playing Crazy Mode. Druuge primary shot gets infinite range there -- and you really can hit your tail with your own shot if it does not find a planet or an asteroid on its way.
VUX Intruder gets infinite range laser there -- and there you can see what "infinite range" means: the beam literally tears through the whole screen multiple times. However, that laser does not hit your ship.
One could give it screen-and-a-quarter range or so, enough to be infinite for most purposes without too much risk of getting silly like that. Of course, one could always cancel it out by firing another shot if tail-hitting is a concern.
Play Supermelee online in #uqm-arena!
Netmelee Improvement Mod
Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela »

MyOtheHedgeFox wrote:Infinite range in melee equals Arse-Whopping Menacing Projectile of Looping Around The Arena Infinitely Until It Hits Your Ship's Tail When You Pillbox. =) Maybe Druuge's range would be enough?
The Crazy Mod has a VUX with pretty much infinite range, it's amazing how many times that laser beam loops around the screen.

A cool twist in the game would be a projectile that has actual infinite range, but damages both parties. So you'd have to weigh spamming shots to fil lthe arena against the real possibility of injuring yourself.
Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 »

I noticed this after a long time...
Shiver wrote:Vanilla Androsynth is a pain in the ass. ... I don't see how one can design a counter for the 15pt Androsynth without the counter-ship itself being ridiculous in other match-ups just like Shofixti.
Umm, just previously in the thread...
Death 999 wrote:Another anti-Androsynth weapon would be a ship that carries, say, 3 very closely orbiting repulsor mines - basically spikes extending from the hull. If one is hit by incoming fire or the enemy ship, it explodes for several damage on what it touched, and emits a wave which flings you and the enemy ship (if that is within the range of the wave) away. You can replenish the repulsor mines as a secondary. If the ship is decently fast, it would be hard for a synth to get in without taking a mine, which would then move you out of contact. Primary weapon could be just about anything.
More things that would more heavily affect Androsynth than others:

The ship is small. It has a very high delay on its thrust, but that thrust comes in big packets. The jerky acceleration could easily throw off a comet form, forcing it to come around for a second pass, by which time the thrust is ready again. Other ships can re-aim before the thrust is ready again.

The ship's secondary is a modestly-improved version of the Vyro-Ingo shield. As it's primarily a shield, not a ramming weapon, the ship it's on does not need to be fast and depend on it as a primary attack. if this is the same ship as the previous item, it's still somewhat viable for ramming even without the ship being terribly fast on the whole. The shield only does damage to incoming fire, doesn't simply absorb it, so it's permeable to heavy shots.

The ship's primary is something long-ranged enough to get across a bubble-field, tough enough to take a bubble hit or two on the way in.

~~~~

Very good ship concepts there, Krystil, especially the first two.