The Turning - New Race XII: Durreaux

Wish there was something new in the SC universe? Check out what fan based initiatives are going on.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

kingschosen
Pkunk Captain

The Turning - New Race XII: Durreaux

Post by kingschosen » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:20 pm

Well, this is my final race for The Turning. I had to add them because of the role they play. Anyway, I'm not wholly satisfied with the way the Catharsis turned out, but maybe, one day, a proper model will be made. Until then, I will just have to suffer with this pic.

From what can be deciphered from Kessari ancient history as well as the Arilou and the Orz, the Durreaux are possibly one of the oldest races in all history. Very little valid information is known about them because of their solitude and lack of communication.

The Durreaux are brilliant scientists and much of the current Kessari technology is based on Durreaux innovation and style. Their alignment is unknown, and over the years they have played the role of creator, benefactor, and conqueror. It is believed that the Durreaux left the Kessari Quadrant after their invasion of the Regothe. Since that day, a Durreaux has never been seen among the Kessari stars again.

Because of their nature, not much is known about the Durreaux ship either. The Catharsis, as it is known, is a sleek vessel. It comes equipped with a concussive cannon that, upon impact, will hurl ships out of control. Likewise, their repulsion implosive mines create their own gravitational pull by imploding upon themselves. If a ship wanders too close, it will be pulled toward the mine. The mine will then explode creating a repulsion field that thrusts the ship outward.

Last edited by kingschosen on Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oldlaptop
Yehat Revolutionist

Re: The Turning - New Race XII: Durreaux

Post by oldlaptop » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:43 pm

Can't say much about this really. The ship sounds interesting, as does backstory.
Play Supermelee online in #uqm-arena!
Netmelee Improvement Mod

Dragon
Reborn Shofixti

Post by Dragon » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:41 am

Just a slight nitpick. I think you mean hurl, not hurdle. Although ship hurdling could make a new and interesting Olympic sport. :P

kingschosen
Pkunk Captain

Post by kingschosen » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:36 pm

Dragon wrote:Just a slight nitpick. I think you mean hurl, not hurdle. Although ship hurdling could make a new and interesting Olympic sport. :P
Haha, thanks. It's fixed :)