The Turning - New Race IX: Ttslatur

Wish there was something new in the SC universe? Check out what fan based initiatives are going on.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

kingschosen
Pkunk Captain

The Turning - New Race IX: Ttslatur

Post by kingschosen » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:39 pm

Well... they're back. I'm going to continue the races until they are done.

EDIT: Expanded on the Mach.

I like how the Ttslatur turned out... I honestly had no idea what their history was going to be until I started writing. I hope you like it.

It is evident that the Ttslatur are previous allies of the Keetron. They began scouting the Kessari Quadrant before the appearance of The Turning. For months, they stayed away from Kessari life and reported back to the Keetron who were preparing their fleets on their homeworld. Their careful calculations and observations proved to play a major role in the success of the invasion. Their unparalleled reconnaissance ability kept them hidden from Kessari radar and out of the immediate sight of the Arilou. It wasn’t until after the first attack that the Kessari races even knew the Ttslatur existed.

Ttslatur have natural camouflage ability, and this enable them to evolve into the top predator on their homeworld. Much like humans and their ingenuity, Ttslaturs used their hunting ability to advance their society and eventually, over time, discovered space flight.

They are lizard like in appearance and have one single eye. They have advanced senses which enable then to react more quickly and predict enemy attacks more precisely. They are deadly and methodical, and they live for the hunt. The Ttslatur devastated League ranks by hiding behind the Keetron and Mala-Kasa. They would focus their precision on the commander ships in order to eliminate leadership within the League.

Their ship, the Mach, naturally blends in with the darkness of space, and the hulls are coated with a light absorbing material which helps to further their camouflage. The Mach is a very, very fast ship with advanced turning jets. Ttslaturs excel in guerrilla warfare, as such; they have designed the Mach to encompass the mentality of a hunter. A Ttslatur will not go toe-to-toe with an enemy vessel but opt for “Hit” and “Run”.

During Run the ship is full throttle. Its thrusters and turning jets are burning as fast as they can. When the Mach is in Run the Ttslatur will try to separate, give chase, or set up an ambush with the enemy. A Ttslatur’s goal is to get distance and blast the opponent with its highly destructive sniper cannon. The Mach’s cannon is nonfunctional during Run because it has to be “holstered” in order for the ship to obtain the blinding speeds.

When the Ttslatur switches to Hit, four bracing jets plant the Mach into place, stopping all movement and inertia. The cannon quickly unfolds, and thanks to far superior and advanced targeting, the Ttslatur is able to fire the deadly sniper shot. The Mach is unable to run during Hit, but it is able to turn.

Unlike other ships, the Mach doesn't use battery power. Instead, it uses a projectile of unknown origin and makeup. The Mach can house two shots in its cannon before it has to be reloaded. Reloading cannot be done during Hit but only during Run. The Mach only houses two Ttslaturs - the sniper and the spotter.

Last edited by kingschosen on Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:03 am, edited 3 times in total.

oldlaptop
Yehat Revolutionist

Re: New Race IX: Ttslatur

Post by oldlaptop » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:52 pm

That is one interesting ship design. I wonder if (say) Project6014 or the mysterious Fred and Paul project could use some of this stuff?
Play Supermelee online in #uqm-arena!
Netmelee Improvement Mod

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:14 am

So the ship is Druuge/Mmrnmhrm equivalent? Should be interesting to mellee both with and against.
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.

kingschosen
Pkunk Captain

Post by kingschosen » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:34 am

oldlaptop wrote:That is one interesting ship design. I wonder if (say) Project6014 or the mysterious Fred and Paul project could use some of this stuff?
Heh, that would be pretty cool. I had abandoned this for awhile.
Alvarin wrote:So the ship is Druuge/Mmrnmhrm equivalent? Should be interesting to mellee both with and against.
No, it would be vastly different than the Mmrnmhrm. With the Mmrnmhrm there is a give and take, but with the Ttslatur its more of a all or nothing. As for the Druuge, the only similarities would be length of the cannon shot. There is no maximum range with the Ttslatur... if you're targeted and the captain fires, it's going to hit you... and, the cannon is one of the more devastating weapons if not the most.

The ship would be the faster than any ship and the turning would be roughly equivalent to the Arilou. The ship has to be this way given its nature and in order to be competitive and balanced.