My Star Control Fanart

Wish there was something new in the SC universe? Check out what fan based initiatives are going on.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

User avatar
Saria
Pkunk Elder
Posts: 308
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:17 am
Location: Can Town
Contact:

Re: My Star Control Fanart

Post by Saria » Mon May 07, 2012 2:59 am

Angelfish wrote:
Saria wrote:@ zenzmurfy: that looks awesome!

--

i'm only dropping this here because it's the official sponsor image doodled in 20 seconds of "wait the captain and fwiffo no what the hell is that ship is that even a ship saria no get out"
Image
Does fwiffo use an emergency induction port for drinking?
It's called a straw Angelfish !!

User avatar
Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags
Posts: 1611
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: My Star Control Fanart

Post by Angelfish » Mon May 07, 2012 12:01 pm

Saria wrote:
Angelfish wrote:
Saria wrote:@ zenzmurfy: that looks awesome!

--

i'm only dropping this here because it's the official sponsor image doodled in 20 seconds of "wait the captain and fwiffo no what the hell is that ship is that even a ship saria no get out"
Image
Does fwiffo use an emergency induction port for drinking?
It's called a straw Angelfish !!
eeeemeergency induuuction..port! BURP

User avatar
Nuclear
Yehat Revolutionist
Posts: 756
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:28 am
Location: Citadel Station

Re: My Star Control Fanart

Post by Nuclear » Mon May 07, 2012 11:46 pm

Lukipela wrote:That is really awesome, extremely well drawn and very funny.
And yet, I still wouldn't want to encounter something like that in a dark alley. Infact, I don't think I'd want to ecounter a Spathi in a dark alley either.
Hackers never die. They just terminate and stay resident.

User avatar
Saria
Pkunk Elder
Posts: 308
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:17 am
Location: Can Town
Contact:

Re: My Star Control Fanart

Post by Saria » Sun May 13, 2012 8:43 am

Image
yea i do research on dimensional fatigue. you probably haven’t heard of it.
Image
he’s only conforming w/ his uniform ironically

User avatar
zenzmurfy
Arilou wiseguy
Posts: 206
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:12 pm
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: My Star Control Fanart

Post by zenzmurfy » Mon May 14, 2012 6:49 am

Saria wrote:@ zenzmurfy: that looks awesome!
Thank you! :D

By the way. Your picture has got me thinking about something. Where, how, what does a spathi use to ingest food and/drink? Maybe a mouth we haven't seen yet?

User avatar
Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags
Posts: 1611
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: My Star Control Fanart

Post by Angelfish » Wed May 16, 2012 10:42 pm

zenzmurfy wrote:
Saria wrote:@ zenzmurfy: that looks awesome!
Thank you! :D

By the way. Your picture has got me thinking about something. Where, how, what does a spathi use to ingest food and/drink? Maybe a mouth we haven't seen yet?
eeeeeeeeeeemerrggunsyyyyyyyyy inducttttion porrrrtttttttttttthiccup

User avatar
Megagun
Salesman
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:29 pm

Re: My Star Control Fanart

Post by Megagun » Thu May 17, 2012 12:22 am

Spathi have a mouth. It's actually in UQM's content files (including the animation definition file), but for some reason it's not used in the actual animation code.

http://mooses.nl/temp/aarghspathi.avi

User avatar
Saria
Pkunk Elder
Posts: 308
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:17 am
Location: Can Town
Contact:

Re: My Star Control Fanart

Post by Saria » Thu May 17, 2012 1:20 am

Megagun wrote:Spathi have a mouth. It's actually in UQM's content files (including the animation definition file), but for some reason it's not used in the actual animation code.

http://mooses.nl/temp/aarghspathi.avi
That is quite possiblly the most unnerving thing I've seen. :?

User avatar
Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper
Posts: 2881
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:03 pm
Location: Dead World

Re: My Star Control Fanart

Post by Lukipela » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:29 pm

That's a terrifying mouth. I can see why they left it out.

User avatar
zenzmurfy
Arilou wiseguy
Posts: 206
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:12 pm
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: My Star Control Fanart

Post by zenzmurfy » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:41 am

Randomly drawing stuff to try to learn basic oil painting in Corel Painter.
Attachments
syreen-profile_1024.jpg
high res version at DeviantArt
syreen-profile_1024.jpg (84.56 KiB) Viewed 4259 times

Post Reply