Project6014 demo release

Wish there was something new in the SC universe? Check out what fan based initiatives are going on.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

Angelfish
Slylandro gasbags

Re: Project6014 demo release

Post by Angelfish » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:37 am

Niffiwan wrote:Oh, I just remembered the thing that bugged me the most about the Syreen - the text when they talk (I don't remember which one in particular, maybe the ship captain) shows right atop their face. It's distracting. Is there a way to have that text show up at the bottom of the image instead of at the top, maybe?
yeah some of the text alignment and positioning needs work. i'm sure the team realizes that ;)

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:43 am

I didn't find it reported yet, so minor bug (unless intentional) - Melnorme bridge is red, even when engaged in commerce. I thought Zelnik already WAS in trade relations, so should have been purple... In addition, some reply options end conversation and throw you out to navigation.
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.

superbutcherx
Hunam adventurer

Post by superbutcherx » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:59 am

Rigel wrote:I'm having a display problem with the Syreen starbase captain. Only a single block is displayed, and the text doesn't get cleared it just keep stacking on top.

Screenshot here:

]http://www.hyperspacebook.com/images/sy ... arbase.png
Ah, dang! It seems that the .ani file of the Syreen starbase captain, (content/ base/ comm/ syreenbase/ syreenbase.ani) is a bit corrupted in the OSX version's resources. There is a misspelling in the name of the first .png file.

This has been now fixed for 0.1.1 version which we will release hopefully shortly.

If you want to make it work yourself in your current copy, navigate inside the .app and inside the base content .uqm (the .uqm files are ordinary .zip files, just with a diffferent filename ending.) Look for the aforementioned .ani file there and correct the spelling of the .png file name.

Quinarbre
Orz *camper*

Post by Quinarbre » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:24 pm

Angelfish wrote:yeah some of the text alignment and positioning needs work. i'm sure the team realizes that ;)
Damn right, that's been one of my priorities for a month but other pressing matters kept piling on top.
Alvarin wrote:In addition, some reply options end conversation and throw you out to navigation.
Could you be more specific ? If it's with the Melnorme, don't bother, they need a general rehaul anyway.

Alvarin
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Alvarin » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:56 pm

Yes, it was specifically with Melnorme.
To be angry is to punish yourself for the errors of others.

Lukipela
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Lukipela » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:49 pm

Quinarbre wrote: Damn right, that's been one of my priorities for a month but other pressing matters kept piling on top.
Starbase commander is also pretty hard to read against the backdrop of a free Earth.

Nuclear
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Nuclear » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:37 am

One time, after ending conversations with a Kohr-ah, I engaged in battle and after selecting my Utwig, the game brought me back to the title screen as if it was game over. I should also note that the Kohr-ah music didn't play and neither did the Hyperspace music play before the encounter.
Hackers never die. They just terminate and stay resident.

BaVB
Arilou wiseguy

Post by BaVB » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:36 am

Nuclear wrote:One time, after ending conversations with a Kohr-ah, I engaged in battle and after selecting my Utwig, the game brought me back to the title screen as if it was game over. I should also note that the Kohr-ah music didn't play and neither did the Hyperspace music play before the encounter.
The same thing happened to me.

Lartil
Hunam adventurer

Post by Lartil » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:55 pm

60%
61%
Wow I am bored waiting for this to load, and it doesn't help that my computer has no music...
Well it's better that the glitched up mouse comuter
XD
Oh hey it's done!
BONSAI!!!! TREE.... Mindwise I'm a kid

Draxas
Atum-ta the Sixth

Post by Draxas » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:34 pm

Nuclear wrote:One time, after ending conversations with a Kohr-ah, I engaged in battle and after selecting my Utwig, the game brought me back to the title screen as if it was game over. I should also note that the Kohr-ah music didn't play and neither did the Hyperspace music play before the encounter.
And here I thought I was the only one that had this problem. The no music bug and title screen dump bug seem to be related, as the second always seems to follow the first. To avoid it, if you get the no music bug you can save, uit, and restart, and it will fix itself. Fortunately, it doesn't happen terribly often, and only kicks in after a lot of conversations.