Star Control Discussion Board

All About Star Control
It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:50 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: I made a Table Top Game... (Spoilers Inside)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:24 pm 
Ilwrath torturer

So I made a modified version of D&D using star control II as the template... Tomorrow night is our second session. The characters were created last time and it was a huge success with my friends (All of whom have never played SC). They learned about Earth from Hayes, they explored the moon and found the abandoned base and they got the radioactives from Mercury. They were talking about getting Hayes to join them when the Ilwrath showed up. But right as the Ilwrath was about to give them their doom speech, one of the players had to leave. Such suspense! I'll keep you guys posted as it continues. Any questions, feel free to ask. Also, my friends are all aware that none of the art I'm using or the story, are mine. I've told them where I'm getting all my material and that they are dead if they look up spoilers. lol.

Post subject: Re: I made a Table Top Game... (Spoilers Inside)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:20 am 
Yehat Revolutionist

That sounds really cool! I'd love to be a part of that. Well, except, I'd know what to do and everything but yeah.

Good luck- I bet they'll enjoy it!

…and keep us updated too!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:47 pm 
Reborn Shofixti

Sounds pretty cool, how'd the second session go?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:00 pm 
Ilwrath torturer

Dragon wrote:
Sounds pretty cool, how'd the second session go?

They're all coming over in a few hours for it. It's super exciting. I think it's going to be a huge success. I work as a security guard at a glass factory and on the overnight shifts, when nothing happens, I get to sit there and continually work on this project. All that time put into it is what I think is making it so fun.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:08 pm 
Ilwrath torturer

Keep us posted :) and also, if you can... what did you homebrew in order to transfer the d&D mechanics to SC2? How do you handle ship battle for instance?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:21 pm 
Ilwrath torturer

glory_device wrote:
Keep us posted :) and also, if you can... what did you homebrew in order to transfer the d&D mechanics to SC2? How do you handle ship battle for instance?

Well, i made some cut outs of the ships and cut outs of the modules the ships can hold. Different modules include weapons, comms, shields, engines, helm, etc. When in combat the ships fight like they do in ftl. By targeting systems or even crew.

Different modules get different effects. And they can upgrade their ship to use higher level weapons once they acquire the tech from the melnormae.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:03 pm 
Reborn Shofixti

Maloo Oture wrote:
...acquire the tech from the melnormae.

*Ahem*... It's spelled Melnorme. That "a" has no reason to be there, so in case you've used the same spelling throughout the entire game, I'd suggest fixing it...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:46 pm 
Slylandro gasbags

Quasispatial wrote:
Maloo Oture wrote:

*Ahem*... It's spelled Melnorme. That "a" has no reason to be there, so in case you've used the same spelling throughout the entire game, I'd suggest fixing it...

When you speak a different language than terran English it might be the correct spelling.. :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:53 pm 
Ilwrath torturer

Quasispatial wrote:
Maloo Oture wrote:

Right. I was typing on my phone for that post and I can't use it's keyboard in any efficient way.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:37 am 
ZEXy Beast

Maloo Oture wrote:
So I made a modified version of D&D using star control II as the template... Tomorrow night is our second session. The characters were created last time and it was a huge success with my friends (All of whom have never played SC). They learned about Earth from Hayes, they explored the moon and found the abandoned base and they got the radioactives from Mercury. They were talking about getting Hayes to join them when the Ilwrath showed up. But right as the Ilwrath was about to give them their doom speech, one of the players had to leave. Such suspense! I'll keep you guys posted as it continues. Any questions, feel free to ask. Also, my friends are all aware that none of the art I'm using or the story, are mine. I've told them where I'm getting all my material and that they are dead if they look up spoilers. lol.

Would I be able to get a copy of whatever you have so that I could try this to, I have a couple of freinds that like to play dnd together but after some issues we have chosen to try some new games out. I think that this might be intresting to try out and if you could send me some of the stuff you created it would save me some time having to attemt to create a star control clone myself.