Star Control Discussion Board

All About Star Control
It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:50 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: I made a Table Top Game... (Spoilers Inside)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:24 pm 
Offline
Ilwrath torturer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:21 pm
Posts: 421
So I made a modified version of D&D using star control II as the template... Tomorrow night is our second session. The characters were created last time and it was a huge success with my friends (All of whom have never played SC). They learned about Earth from Hayes, they explored the moon and found the abandoned base and they got the radioactives from Mercury. They were talking about getting Hayes to join them when the Ilwrath showed up. But right as the Ilwrath was about to give them their doom speech, one of the players had to leave. Such suspense! I'll keep you guys posted as it continues. Any questions, feel free to ask. Also, my friends are all aware that none of the art I'm using or the story, are mine. I've told them where I'm getting all my material and that they are dead if they look up spoilers. lol.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I made a Table Top Game... (Spoilers Inside)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:20 am 
Offline
Yehat Revolutionist
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:16 am
Posts: 621
Location: Illinois
That sounds really cool! I'd love to be a part of that. Well, except, I'd know what to do and everything but yeah.

Good luck- I bet they'll enjoy it!

…and keep us updated too!

_________________
KYAAAAAIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I made a Table Top Game... (Spoilers Inside)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:47 pm 
Offline
Reborn Shofixti
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:29 am
Posts: 528
Location: South Africa
Sounds pretty cool, how'd the second session go?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I made a Table Top Game... (Spoilers Inside)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:00 pm 
Offline
Ilwrath torturer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:21 pm
Posts: 421
Dragon wrote:
Sounds pretty cool, how'd the second session go?

They're all coming over in a few hours for it. It's super exciting. I think it's going to be a huge success. I work as a security guard at a glass factory and on the overnight shifts, when nothing happens, I get to sit there and continually work on this project. All that time put into it is what I think is making it so fun.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I made a Table Top Game... (Spoilers Inside)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:08 pm 
Offline
Ilwrath torturer

Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:02 am
Posts: 439
Location: Laval, Canada
Keep us posted :) and also, if you can... what did you homebrew in order to transfer the d&D mechanics to SC2? How do you handle ship battle for instance?

_________________
''I swiftly matured into a fine example of my species and with my parents' assistance, achieved independence.
Specifically, they pried me from the doorjamb, and rolled me into the street.'' -Fwiffo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I made a Table Top Game... (Spoilers Inside)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:21 pm 
Offline
Ilwrath torturer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:21 pm
Posts: 421
glory_device wrote:
Keep us posted :) and also, if you can... what did you homebrew in order to transfer the d&D mechanics to SC2? How do you handle ship battle for instance?

Well, i made some cut outs of the ships and cut outs of the modules the ships can hold. Different modules include weapons, comms, shields, engines, helm, etc. When in combat the ships fight like they do in ftl. By targeting systems or even crew.

Different modules get different effects. And they can upgrade their ship to use higher level weapons once they acquire the tech from the melnormae.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I made a Table Top Game... (Spoilers Inside)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:03 pm 
Offline
Reborn Shofixti
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:10 am
Posts: 528
Location: Sweden
Maloo Oture wrote:
...acquire the tech from the melnormae.


*Ahem*... It's spelled Melnorme. That "a" has no reason to be there, so in case you've used the same spelling throughout the entire game, I'd suggest fixing it...

_________________
The square root of rope is string.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I made a Table Top Game... (Spoilers Inside)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:46 pm 
Offline
Slylandro gasbags
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:10 pm
Posts: 1568
Quasispatial wrote:
Maloo Oture wrote:
...acquire the tech from the melnormae.


*Ahem*... It's spelled Melnorme. That "a" has no reason to be there, so in case you've used the same spelling throughout the entire game, I'd suggest fixing it...


When you speak a different language than terran English it might be the correct spelling.. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I made a Table Top Game... (Spoilers Inside)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:53 pm 
Offline
Ilwrath torturer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:21 pm
Posts: 421
Quasispatial wrote:
Maloo Oture wrote:
...acquire the tech from the melnormae.


*Ahem*... It's spelled Melnorme. That "a" has no reason to be there, so in case you've used the same spelling throughout the entire game, I'd suggest fixing it...

Right. I was typing on my phone for that post and I can't use it's keyboard in any efficient way.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I made a Table Top Game... (Spoilers Inside)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:37 am 
Offline
ZEXy Beast

Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 8:21 pm
Posts: 2
Maloo Oture wrote:
So I made a modified version of D&D using star control II as the template... Tomorrow night is our second session. The characters were created last time and it was a huge success with my friends (All of whom have never played SC). They learned about Earth from Hayes, they explored the moon and found the abandoned base and they got the radioactives from Mercury. They were talking about getting Hayes to join them when the Ilwrath showed up. But right as the Ilwrath was about to give them their doom speech, one of the players had to leave. Such suspense! I'll keep you guys posted as it continues. Any questions, feel free to ask. Also, my friends are all aware that none of the art I'm using or the story, are mine. I've told them where I'm getting all my material and that they are dead if they look up spoilers. lol.

Would I be able to get a copy of whatever you have so that I could try this to, I have a couple of freinds that like to play dnd together but after some issues we have chosen to try some new games out. I think that this might be intresting to try out and if you could send me some of the stuff you created it would save me some time having to attemt to create a star control clone myself.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group - Theme modification by Lukipela and custom theme art by Zensmurfy