Star Control Discussion Board

All About Star Control
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: Card-Control: The Ur-Quan Masters
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:03 pm 
Yehat Revolutionist

So I just wanted to inform you people, Card-Control: The Ur-Quan Masters is back in development again. After a number of months in hiatus, something's finally happening again, although glory_device still seems rather busy so as of yet I'm taking the main workload. There's still some work left before the next release, but one thing I can tell you is that we're bringing the Star Control II ships into the mix, and improving ships' energy-regeneration across the board. I've also gotten the game's first official map done, although it is and probably going to remain the simplest one. Finally, after such a long time without progress, I do feel that a little teaser is in order. Behold, the Utwig Jugger.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:50 pm 
Yehat Revolutionist

Laaadies and gentlemen. It is time. It has finally happened.
*Dramatic drum roll*
The Card Control: The Ur-Quan Masters Alpha 2 release!

We've got several new features in this version. Aside from various small fixes, all ships' energy regeneration have been doubled, the entire collection of the Star Control II ships have been added in, and the first official map is now very much a thing. Admittedly, glory_device has been sort of busy, which means I'm mostly pushing this update myself. As such, there may be a few errors here and there, and I may or may not have blown up part of the Alpha 1 release whilst I was working on this... but really, what is an alpha without a few explosions, bugs and errors?

Anyway, I'm sure you're all curious, so I won't delay you with my incessant babble for much longer. Here is the link to the release itself; any feedback you have will be much appreciated, as every little bit helps in ironing out the game's flaws and issues. All you need to do to get started is to read up on the new and updated rules, find a partner, and then start playing. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to send a message - I'll be glad to answer your queries whenever I have time.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:44 pm 
Ilwrath torturer

I'd like to thank Quasi for his hard work on card controls. He really did an outstanding job this time while I was...hum too busy to actually do much more than a brief proof reading.

With the balance and new ship, it will be interesting to see the different possibilities and strategies! Can't wait to hear about some games that are played :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:11 pm 
Slylandro gasbags

Wow! This really looks fantastic!! Great job Quasispatial! You really went above and beyond on this one! :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:25 pm 
Yehat Revolutionist

The Troglodyte wrote:
Wow! This really looks fantastic!! Great job Quasispatial! You really went above and beyond on this one! :)

Thanks for the feedback. Up for a round with the new ships? The new release needs some testing, and I suspect Glory's still a bit too busy with life in general to really be available. 'Sides, it might be fun to try this game out myself for once...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:40 pm 
Slylandro gasbags

Quasispatial wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. Up for a round with the new ships? The new release needs some testing, and I suspect Glory's still a bit too busy with life in general to really be available. 'Sides, it might be fun to try this game out myself for once...

Yeah, that sounds like a great idea! Count me in! :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:15 pm 
Ilwrath torturer

i look forward to see the game progress between the two fo you..it's going to be a blood bath mOuhahaha! Still so packed at job it's daunting at days...Why oh why did I decide to be on a startup :P

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:30 pm 
Yehat Revolutionist

glory_device wrote:
i look forward to see the game progress between the two of you.

Well, that... might take a while. I think we're both waiting for the other to reply right now, somehow. Not quite sure how it happened in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:49 pm 
Slylandro gasbags

Yeah, that's 100% my fault, and I'm ready whenever you are. I've been busy the past several days at my work, since we've been conducting inventory cycle counts, which has consumed much of my time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12