Drawing every single race!

Wish there was something new in the SC universe? Check out what fan based initiatives are going on.

Moderator: ZFP Peacekeepers

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Re: Drawing every single race!

Post by The Troglodyte » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:21 pm

Sweet! To get a better perspective on their approximate size, what would a Algolite look like standing next to a Spathi?
“He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him! I’ll chase him ’round the moons of Nibia and ’round the Antares maelstrom and ’round Perdition’s flames before I give him up!” ― Khan Noonien Singh

palmpet
Ilwrath torturer
Location: Hillopia, currently imprisoned in Invictler Slave Hive.

Post by palmpet » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:24 pm

Including the headress they are the same height. Also...I have headcanon on every race unseen like keel veerezy and dramya and some ancient races...if you want to see my interpretation of any of them or them in certain situations..feel free to ask as usual lol
"What's the point in being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes."

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:30 pm

palmpet wrote:Including the headress they are the same height. Also...I have headcanon on every race unseen like keel veerezy and dramya and some ancient races...if you want to see my interpretation of any of them or them in certain situations..feel free to ask as usual lol
I feel like I'm hogging all the requests! :lol: But since you brought it up, I'd like to see your interpretation of the Dramya "attempting" to take from the Melnorme. Maybe something like ship vs. ship or perhaps some kind of raiding party on one of their worlds where they store goods and equipment? Or maybe you have something better in mind? :)
“He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him! I’ll chase him ’round the moons of Nibia and ’round the Antares maelstrom and ’round Perdition’s flames before I give him up!” ― Khan Noonien Singh

palmpet
Ilwrath torturer

Post by palmpet » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:34 pm

No problem! Its really cuz no one else is online...and who knows...all this activity could add a lil more life here! And those both sound like good ideas!

Quasispatial
Yehat Revolutionist

Post by Quasispatial » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:01 pm

One thing I'd advise is to put more focus into making straight lines rather than letting them end up wobbly. Use a ruler or something.
If you'd compare your drawings to a quick sketch of the Avatar I made a while back

you might notice that straight lines makes a lot of difference.
Last edited by Quasispatial on Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Sentient life. We are the Ur-Quan. Independence is intolerable. Blah, blah, blah." - the Spathi High Council, Star Control II.

palmpet
Ilwrath torturer

Post by palmpet » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:04 pm

Thanks for the advice

The Troglodyte
Slylandro gasbags

Post by The Troglodyte » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:58 pm

Nice sketch Quasi!
The Troglodyte wrote:
palmpet wrote:I have headcanon on every race unseen like keel veerezy and dramya and some ancient races...if you want to see my interpretation of any of them or them in certain situations..feel free to ask as usual lol
I'd like to see your interpretation of the Dramya "attempting" to take from the Melnorme. Maybe something like ship vs. ship or perhaps some kind of raiding party on one of their worlds where they store goods and equipment? Or maybe you have something better in mind? :)
I was also gonna mention that you could try mixing in some of your headcannon ideas in the pictures, if possible. Why were the Dramya bent on piracy, and to what extent? But who knows! Maybe Dramya weren't all that bad after all, save for a small faction, and the Melnorme are in fact the real criminals, wiping out an entire species and stealing all of their useful technology, information, and valuable secrets! ...depending on your outlook and headcannon perspective, that is. ;)-smf

palmpet
Ilwrath torturer

Post by palmpet » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:05 am

I'll make sure to do that more! :)

Death 999
ZFP Peacekeeper

Post by Death 999 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:31 pm

Hey, nice to have you back!

You weren't annoying...

palmpet
Ilwrath torturer

Post by palmpet » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:49 pm

Thanks! But the the great council return rp would beg to differ lol